Betterclean - Business Management Franchise
Manage and grow a commercial cleaning business without having to clean or supervise cleaning yourself.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £19,600 + VAT
- Available areas
- Opportunities are available across the UK.
Exciting business opportunity
in the £6bn B2B commercial cleaning sector
- The lifestyle of a director: work on your business, not in it
- Strong ROI from recurring monthly income
- Security and scalability of B2B contracts
- Stable marketplace regardless of politics, economics or Brexit!
- Royalties scale down from 5.75% to 2% as you scale up
- Build a clean asset to sell in the future
Betterclean Services franchise owners employ their own management team to oversee service delivery. A typical established operational structure looks like this:
Enjoy the returns from building your own business in a £6bn marketplace which includes retailers, supermarkets, offices, GP surgeries, schools and much, much more.
- Average net profit margin of 20%
- Exclusive Territory with £1M+ potential
- Investment from £19,600 + VAT
- Guaranteed Business Development Scheme available
- Royalties scale down to just 2% of sales as yourbusiness grows
With BCS your route to achieving your financial goals is tailored around your personal objectives, experience and available resources. Although franchise owners share a common goal, the route each takes is entirely personal to them. We work with you to define your plan and then support you in enjoying the journey to building your own director-level business.
In a thriving market, you need the right tools to stay ahead of the competition. That’s exactly what our modern, professional brand and systems, designed by ex-franchisee and Betterclean MD Dan van Kuyk, deliver:
Telemarketing which targets clients in your territory – at no cost to you.
Dedicated business development support from head office.
Minimal admin time thanks to our cloud-based bespoke BMS, BLISS.
Management service fees scale down to 2% as you scale up, maximising your return.
YOUR business owns your contracts and you set the terms – not us.
A network of like-minded director-level business owners sharing experience.
Some franchises tell you they’ll ‘guarantee income’ – what they don’t say is that you’ll generally pay for the privilege. Practices such as paying for each contract (effectively buying a job, not developing a business), short-term arrangements which expire quickly, and the profitability of contracts arranged by someone else can all make an attractive offer quickly turn into an ugly reality.
That’s why our model is clear: franchise owners businesses own their local contracts, not head office, and negotiate directly on the terms they agree to. On top of that we provide national account customers to franchise owners in their exclusive territory, meaning you get the best of both worlds.
You’ll need to be a leader, commercially astute and possess great people skills. Successful Betterclean franchise owners come from highly diverse backgrounds, including:
- Entrepreneurs adding to their business portfolio
- Senior sales managers and directors from a wide range of sectors
- Ambitious professionals with experience in accountancy, banking, HR and law
- Senior managers from the public sector
- Ex-military officers
That’s highlighted by the previous careers of some of our top-performing franchise owners...
John & Linda Goodyear
If you see a profitable future in a lucrative and growing marketplace, and have the B2B skills to achieve your ambitions, then get in touch today.
- 01 February 2013
- The Betterclean Services Franchise Opportunity
- 11 July 2012
- Ian Bailey - Plymouth
- “I decided to take on a franchise rather than start my own business because there is so much competition out there; it made more sense to have a large reputable brand behind me. I enjoyed the recruitment process and felt that Dan, Mike and the team covered absolutely everything.”
- Wynne Hughes - Swansea
- “I have always wanted to start my own business. Betterclean Services has allowed me to do so, and with the benefit of having the professional support and qualifications behind me. I saw this as a great opportunity even in our current economic climate! The structure of the business model is excellent...
- Kishore Patel and Raj Patel - North London
- “I would highly recommend Betterclean Services to anyone, Dan is an amazing franchisor, everything was in perfect working order and we came away from the training feeling very confident. The affiliations with corporate bodies alone are enough to put our Betterclean Services business in good stead. D...
- Guaranteed Business Development Scheme
- 04 October 2017
- Business Development has always been at the forefront of the support services we offer to our Franchise Owners, both in the early stages of developing their business and ongoing, but we have now gone one step further by offering a Guaranteed Business Development Scheme which allows Franchise Owners ...
- It’s all in the family for new Betterclean franchise owners
- 22 June 2017
- It’s a family affair for the latest franchise owners to join the flourishing Betterclean Services network. Dornford Roberts, a retired financial adviser and solicitor, and his wife Jane, a former barrister turned Pilates instructor, had been looking for a new business venture for a while. When the...
- Betterclean unveils raft of new developments for franchise owners
- 02 June 2017
- The latest Betterclean Services franchisee conference has introduced a host of new initiatives, continuing the brand’s exceptional development over the last 12 months. The second Network Day of the year, which took place in May in Birmingham, introduced extended training for the management teams o...
- Shared values lead new Betterclean franchisee to take on the Chiefs!
- 09 May 2017
- Caroline Spiller was the co-owner of one of the south-west’s leading visitor attractions, so a move into commercial cleaning for her new business venture may not have been an obvious next step. But she saw it as a natural extension of the customer service principles that have guided her entire car...
- Betterclean Services recognised by the bfa for its franchise development
- 28 April 2017
- Betterclean Services, the director-level commercial cleaning franchise, has been upgraded to Associate Membership of the British Franchise Association (bfa) in recognition of its sustained development and success. Associate Members have proven their franchising credentials; the bfa states that for...
- New in-house telemarketing service for Betterclean Services franchise owners – and it’s free
- 22 March 2017
- Commercial cleaning franchise Betterclean Services has launched a highly targeted, in-house telemarketing function to drive business growth for franchisees – at no cost to them. Employed by head office, telemarketers will take instruction from franchise owners on which local businesses to target a...
- The reality of ‘guaranteed income’ franchises: the Betterclean competitive advantage
- 01 March 2017
- Some cleaning franchises tell you they’ll ‘guarantee income’ – what they don’t say is that you’ll pay for the privilege. Practices such as paying for a contract (effectively buying a job, not developing a business), the use of small print on such deals and the actual profitability of contracts arr...
- Betterclean Services named Best Commercial Cleaning Company 2016
- 08 February 2017
- Trade magazine Build has named Betterclean Services as the winner of its Best Commercial Cleaning Company accolade in the Facilities Management Awards 2016. Dedicated to “recognising those hidden heroes within facilities management for their excellence and dedication to their profession”, the annu...
- Franchise owners celebrate at inaugural Betterclean Services awards
- 25 January 2017
- Commercial cleaning company Betterclean Services has honoured its best-performing business owners at the brand’s first-ever franchisee awards, which were held in Birmingham on 13 January. Four franchise owners took home honours across five categories, recognised for their quality of service, team-...
- Busy Times for Betterclean
- 30 December 2016
- It’s a busy end to the year for Betterclean Services – and the pace shows no sign of slowing down for the start of 2017. Caroline Spiller has taken over the Exeter & Taunton franchise after completing her training in November. Certified with ISO 9001 accreditation, Caroline is looking forward to p...
- Betterclean Services franchise owners benefit from new business support initiatives
- 27 December 2016
- Commercial cleaning brand, Betterclean Services has moved to enhance its franchise owners’ ROI in a growing marketplace with new initiatives and the appointment of Jade Wakeham as field-based business development manager. Following an intensive training programme, Jade’s expertise will ensure e...
- Good tidings and high demand for Betterclean Services franchise owners
- 22 December 2016
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly for Betterclean Services franchise owners, who are benefiting from sustained demand for their business while still enjoying the festive period thanks to the work/life balance that the company’s systems have been set up to achieve. Commercial cleaning is a year-round mar...
- Betterclean Services moves up to Associate bfa Membership
- 31 August 2016
- Dan Van Kuyk, Managing Director of Betterclean Services was delighted when he received confirmation from the British Franchise Association (bfa), that the company has moved from being a ‘Provisional’ member to achieving ‘Associate’ member status. After a period of significant growth Betterclean Se...
- Do we guarantee your clients and profit?
- This is a question most prospective Betterclean franchise owners regularly ask when we begin discussing our management business opportunity with them. It is often prompted by promises made by other companies operating in the commercial cleaning market. As a franchise owner with Betterclean Service...
- Betterclean - Local Trial for National Business
- 17 August 2016
- Betterclean Services are on hand to benefit from a trend appearing in the commercial cleaning market place. Large, national businesses, particularly retail stores, are seeing the benefit of handing local site managers’ greater freedom. This means they have more control over the service suppliers t...
- Using Technology, Investing in Your Team
- 10 August 2016
- Betterclean Services founder, Dan van Kuyk, is continually working with the franchise support team at head office to drive the evolution of the systems and technology that Franchise Owners use to run and oversee their local businesses. Training and demos on system updates have previously been unde...
- Franchise Owners stay ahead of the curve on EU & HSE legislation
- 28 July 2016
- With the ‘new’ United Nations CLP labelling being rolled out globally to help classify potentially harmful chemical substances in the workplace, it’s no surprise to hear that Betterclean Services has been working hard to ensure the whole network is ready ahead of the compliance date. Introduced in...
- Betterclean Franchisees Are Cleaning Up In Surprising Sectors
- 24 June 2016
- At Betterclean Services, we appreciate that due diligence is an essential part of making your investment. That’s why unlike many of our competitors, we only go over the financials when you’re completely happy with what your role will be and the market you will be working in. Within this context, ...
- Ongoing investment in Betterclean’s franchise systems keeps franchise owners competitive
- 23 June 2016
- Having the latest information easily assessable is crucial in the fast paced environment of running your own business. That’s why Betterclean Services has invested in a secure portal in the cloud to host all the franchise’s system documents and reference materials, which was launched on 20th May. ...
- Betterclean Services Introducing Sarah Wood
- 10 June 2016
- Betterclean Services are delighted to announce a new addition to our franchise team. Sarah Wood will be working with the team on franchise recruitment, acting as the first point of contact for people interested in taking up a Betterclean Franchise. Sarah comes to us with a wealth of experience sup...
- Forward Planning Means Betterclean Clients Accept Living Wage ‘Without Question’
- 10 June 2016
- Despite industry fears the Government’s new National Living Wage could negatively impact the commercial cleaning sector – Betterclean’s forward-planning and refined operational system means clients have largely accepted the increase without question. Feedback from across the network remains positi...
- Betterclean Franchisees Prosper In Our Supportive Network
- 11 May 2016
- Starting your own business can be daunting, even with a proven revenue model to follow and even if you have high levels of experience. That’s why at Betterclean Services we’ve worked hard to create a supportive franchise that will help you make the most of your new venture from day one. A highly ...
- The Betterclean Benefits of a Living Wage
- 04 May 2016
- As you would expect from a forward-thinking commercial cleaning franchise such as Betterclean Services, we’re ahead of the curve when it comes to compliance with the latest workplace and employee legislation. No-where is this more applicable than in the area of the new ‘living wage’, which has ris...
- What a Great Showcase for Betterclean Services
- 29 April 2016
- Over recent weeks, the team at Betterclean Services have been working hard following up on some fantastic conversions they had at The British & International Franchise Exhibition held at London Olympia. Betterclean Managing Director Dan Van Kuyk commented: “We had a great team on the stand for bo...
- Betterclean – Never a sprint always a marathon!
- 22 April 2016
- Dan van Kuyk, creator of the Betterclean Services franchise model, will be running in this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday 24th April to raise money for charity. Alongside his wife Lisa and friend Simon Ballard, Dan and the team are raising money for two charities, CLIC Sargent and M...
- A Full Management System with 24hr Telephone Answering
- 15 April 2016
- At Betterclean Services, what sets us apart from other commercial cleaning franchise networks is our attention to detail – not only when it comes to our cleaning standards but also when applied to every aspect of running your franchise business. That’s why our Managing Director, Dan Van Kuyk, and ...
- An online business management system that is BLISS!
- 04 March 2016
- When running a business, managing the administration tasks can be the key to your success or failure. If you’re considering running your own business you’re likely to be weighing up the pros and cons of investing in a franchise or setting up a standalone company. One of the big benefits of being ...
- Betterclean In-Territory Franchisee Support Visits
- 26 February 2016
- When you embark upon a new franchise business, you need to know the management team behind you are just that – fully behind you. Because sadly with some opportunities, once you’ve made your initial investment this isn’t always the case! Betterclean Services are different. Our bfa accreditation dem...
- Betterclean Franchise Owners Enjoy Their First National Network Day of 2016
- 01 February 2016
- Betterclean Services ‘Network Days’ take place quarterly, with the first one of 2016 being held at the new Franchise Headquarters at Aztec West in Bristol this month. Hosted by Betterclean Managing Director, Dan Van Kuyk, the Network Days are an opportunity for franchise owners from across the UK ...
- Betterclean Services Launches Next Franchise Network Expansion Phase
- 28 January 2016
- As part of their drive to build a best in class franchise network, the management team at Betterclean Services spent much of last year supporting the first phase of franchise recruits, whilst laying strong foundations for the future expansion of the network. The Betterclean Services franchise netw...
- Betterclean Services Open New Franchise Support Head Office
- 28 January 2016
- In a move that demonstrates an on-going commitment to developing a best in class franchise network, Betterclean Services has opened a new franchise head office in Bristol. Renowned for its excellent communication links, including key road, rail and air connections, the new location is ideal for br...
- New BCS Franchise Headquarters
- 17 February 2014
- As part of Betterclean’s ongoing growth plans, we’re proud to announce that our new headquarters are now open. Located in the rolling hills just outside Newton Abbott, the move from our old premises on the edge of Torquay comes after Dan and the team made the decision to move to a site that would...
- Betterclean welcomes Simon Luget to the team
- 17 February 2014
- This month we welcome new franchise owner, Simon Luget, to the Betterclean network. As part of his extensive research into commercial cleaning franchises, Simon came across the Betterclean opportunity last November – and it didn’t take him long to make his choice. In fact, after making his enqu...
- Keeping Betterclean businesses on track
- 23 August 2013
- It’s important for business owners that they can monitor employees and equipment to ensure their operations are running both smoothly and efficiently. Betterclean Services has a number of different cutting-edge tracking systems in place to provide its owners with the means to get the best from th...
- A better approach to royalties
- 22 August 2013
- When deciding whether or not to start your own business with a proven franchise model, there are many different factors to consider. But, in terms of financial outlook, one of the most important is the Management Service Fee (MSF) being charged by the franchisor. Essentially, Management Service...
- A great week for John Goodyear
- 21 August 2013
- John Goodyear became a local Betterclean Services business owner in late 2012. Since then, he has seen his business in the York area grow and grow. But even he was taken by surprise when a number of recent wins resulted in him starting four 12-month contracts in a single week! The new contracts...
- Saira and her husband make their business portfolio even better!
- 24 July 2013
- We are delighted to extend a warm welcome to Saira Poonalwala, who has just recently secured the Manchester Betterclean Services territory. Saira and her husband have several significant businesses, both here in the UK and in Pakistan. It is great to have more switched-on energised business peopl...
- Chris is cooking up something special
- 17 July 2013
- After taking up his own Betterclean Services businesses in Bristol and Bath just five weeks ago, Chris Cook has already landed two contracts – one of which will achieve his aggressive 18-month business plan target on its own! Chris had been a friend of Betterclean Services for over two years...
- Experience BLISS, wherever you are!
- 10 July 2013
- Running your own business isn’t just about winning new business and providing a high quality of service. A side that is often considered far less fun is administration – making the time and having the organisational skills to ensure that all the elements that help a business run smoothly are perf...
- The market is changing for the better
- 13 June 2013
- Over the past few years, it’s become more and more apparent that the market is changing. In search of a superior service, larger organisations are delegating previously centrally purchased services, looking for local businesses with people who can offer a personal level of care. But what’s intere...
- Betterclean Services makes a splash with South West Water
- 13 June 2013
- After already making waves with a £300k, three-year contract win in the first quarter, Betterclean Services’ template territory in Torquay has now secured a contract with South West Water valued at approximately £170k per year. Betterclean Services has taken over from a national company who had...
- Welcome to our new Franchise Development Team
- Betterclean Services is delighted to welcome Mike, Helen and Sue from Kyros Franchising to the fold as they form our new Franchise Development Team. We wanted a more experienced and trustworthy partner to help take the network to the next level. The award winning team at Kyros have been linking f...
- Second network development day takes place in Birmingham
- 08 March 2013
- Building on the success of the first such event, which took place in Swindon last year, the second Betterclean Services network development day took place in Birmingham in January. Members of the network gathered once again for what turned out to be another highly productive day of discussion an...
- First Scottish Betterclean Services franchise launches
- 08 March 2013
- In January former call centre senior manager Harry Sahota launched Betterclean Services Glasgow – the network’s first territory in Scotland. “I’d been working as a senior operations manager at a call centre for eight years, when I found out my role was being made redundant,” Harry remembered. “...
- Another new win for Wynne
- Wynne Hughes, owner of Betterclean Services Swansea, has won another fantastic new contract with a local transport firm worth £25,000 a year, thanks to our latest carefully targeted cross-media marketing campaign. The new contract is the latest in an impressive list of new business wins the former s...
- Investing in people
- Not all company owners believe in the often-quoted maxim that employees are a business’s most valuable asset. Many such owners are to be found in the cleaning industry, of course, which is a key reason why staff loyalty is so rare in the sector.“Betterclean Services believes in investing in staff as...
- New improved franchise package for 2013
- It’s a sad fact that more than half of all new businesses fail within two years of being set up. Most of those that survive don’t make it to their third birthday – fewer still to five years. “Starting and establishing a new business is extremely challenging,” commented Betterclean Services Managing ...
- Opportunity knocks for John
- John Goodyear only started his Betterclean Services York franchise on 1 December 2012 and has already landed two significant contracts and developed a strong pipeline. While the modern marketing methods are to be embraced, John has proved that there really is no substitute for being pro-active. W...
- Marketing consultant attracted by scaleable business model
- Chris has been a friend of Betterclean Services for over two years. After getting to know the business model inside-out supporting and guiding us with our marketing, he liked what he saw and decided to take up his own franchise. Never one to shy away from a challenge, he’s invested in two territorie...
- New challenge for former contact centre manager
- Harry Sahota had been working as an operations manager at a contact centre for five years, when he found out his role was being made redundant. Although he was offered another position, he decided that what he really needed at that point in his life was a new challenge and the chance to be master of...
- Sylvie leaves London for a ‘better’ life in Brighton
- After ten years working as a financial controller in a number of London-based International businesses, Sylvie Botquelen sought a new opportunity that would enable her to relocate to the south coast, find a better work-life balance and return to working in a small-business environment. “I read abo...
- Civil servant looks to capitalise on his experience
- John Goodyear was formerly the York City Council’s Assistant Director for Environment, his responsibilities included overseeing refuse collection, street cleansing, parking, parks and open spaces, as well as managing 700 cleaners working across 125 different sites. For the past 26 years John has l...