ChipsAway - Car Paint Repair Franchise
'On-the-spot' automotive paint repair specialists. Scope for becoming a multi-van or multi-unit operation in this vast, growing marketplace.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £29,995 + VAT
- Available areas
- Franchise opportunities available all over the UK and world-wide.
ChipsAway is the original, and market leading automotive SMART car body repair franchise. We have over 20 years of experience successfully developing, nurturing and supporting franchise owners from all walks of life with varying backgrounds, work experience and ambitions.
ChipsAway is a fully accredited member of the British Franchise Association (BFA), and is also part of the Franchise Brands plc group, an international multi-brand franchisor with a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share.
What Do ChipsAway Franchisees Do?
ChipsAway Franchisees offer a convenient, high quality and cost-effective alternative to car body shops. As a franchisee, you will repair paintwork scratches, bumper scuffs, minor dents and kerbed alloy damage to vehicles, all from a fully equipped mobile workstation.
Latest research shows that over 64% of the 34 million vehicles on the UK’s roads have ‘ChipsAway’ damage on their bodywork, and demand for our service is still growing!
What Investment and Experience Do I Need?
No experience is necessary when beginning your ChipsAway journey. The system is easy to learn and simple to manage, and our experienced team of technicians will teach you everything you need to know at our unrivalled, bespoke IMI accredited centre.
The total franchise investment is £29,995 + VAT, but with the various pricing options that we offer, you only need £15,000 + VAT to get started with a ChipsAway franchise.
What Are the Opportunities for Growth?
The proven, tried and tested business model is easily scalable and completely flexible to suit your ambitions. Most franchisees initially opt for a van-based franchise at first and many have then gone on to develop their business further, either through a multi-van, multi-territory or unit operations with their own Car Care Centres– the opportunities are endless!
With a ChipsAway franchise, you can finally take control of your own life and reap in the rewards of your own hard work, backed by an incredible, secure support system. You will be your own boss and have the opportunity to dictate your own working hours to suit your lifestyle, resulting in an excellent work/life balance.
Our proven business model and unrivalled support system will guarantee you a fantastic return on investment, with potential to reach £80,000p/a turnover.
The Package in a Nutshell
With your franchise package, we will provide you with the following benefits:
- Fantastic earnings potential - rewards for hardworking franchisees are unlimited, depending on your ambitions, our proven franchise model offers the opportunity to turn over £80,000+pa*.
- Proven Demand – ChipsAway is a publicly recognised brand with high and widespread awareness throughout the UK.
- Fantastic Earnings Potential – rewards for hardworking franchisees are unlimited for everyone, depending on your ambitions.
- Expert Knowledge - ChipsAway’s proven business model is tried and tested. Working with Franchise Brands plc gives you easy access to a wealth of advice and support.
- Regular National Advertising – including extensive TV campaigns, SEO, PPC, and online and offline coverage to continually reach new customers and increase demand.
- An Exclusive Territory – You will receive a fully profiled territory which is dedicated and protected, providing you with access to tens of thousands of car owners.
- Unrivalled Training and Ongoing Support - no experience needed, guaranteed. Full, certified training is provided, including business, marketing and technical training.
- Brand Leader – ChipsAway is the UK's leading minor automotive paintwork repair franchise brand as confirmed by a recent YouGov Survey.
- Management Expansion Opportunities – The franchise model is flexible and allows you to rapidly expand into multiple territories and workshops. You can choose to go directly to your customers or rapidly expand into a fixed base workshop
What Do Current Franchisees Have to Say?
Having been made redundant three years ago, Andy Cornell decided he wanted to take a different career path and launched a ChipsAway franchise:
“I’m absolutely thrilled with the way my business is going. I’d always dreamt of running my own business rather than seek another job. I wanted something flexible, that was not massively expensive and which had the potential for growth. ChipsAway has proved to be everything I’d hoped for. ‘It does what it says on the tin’, and if you follow the business model you can’t go wrong!”
David Greenaway got off to a flying start, and loves everything that being his own boss brings:
“I love being my own boss, I can work when it suits me and you really get out what you put in. People say I am lucky that my business is going so well, but in this game you make your own luck.”
How Do I Find Out More?
If you’re tired of your current career and like what you’ve read, just fill out our short contact form and we will send you more information to assist your research. If you’re interested in starting your ChipsAway journey today, why not attend a free, ‘find-out-more’ Open Day, held at our West Midlands based Head Office?
*Contact ChipsAway to discuss our various pricing options that we offer. A minimum personal investment of £15,000 is required, total franchise investment is £29,995 + VAT.
**Based on existing franchisees.
All figures unless otherwise stated are from YouGov plc. Total sample size was 2,016 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 3rd - 5th September 2012. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
- Case Study - Keith McGowan
- Hear from a current franchisee about the exciting ChipsAway franchise opportunity!
- ChipsAway Franchisee Case Studies
- Interested in joining the ChipsAway franchise? Find out what current franchisees have to say about the business by watching this short video!
- ChipsAway Franchise Video
- 19 September 2012
- An introduction to the ChipsAway franchise.
- Andy Cornell
- Although Andy Cornell only launched his ChipsAway franchise a year ago, his business is racing ahead. He has already expanded with plans to grow further, he says he’s been busy since day one and is never less than fully booked four weeks ahead. “I’m absolutely thrilled with the way my busines...
- Paul Clift
- 20 November 2012
- After being made redundant Paul launched his ChipsAway franchise in 2008. Since then he has built up a very successful business. Using the practical skills he gained through working in the industry and the business development support he has received from head office, he has been able to grow hi...
- David Greenaway
- As soon as David Greenaway scratched the surface of a ChipsAway franchise, he knew it was for him. His business got off to a flying start with a hugely successful launch weekend, securing £4,000 worth of firm bookings, and he is looking forward to his future and growing his business with Chip...
- ChipsAway celebrates at annual conference and awards dinner
- 13 October 2017
- Over 200 delegates congregated at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for ChipsAway’s annual conference and awards dinner over the weekend, celebrating 23 years as the UK’s leading minor car body paintwork repair brand. ChipsAway CEO, Tim Harris, kicked off the event - addressing the crowd and highlight...
- ChipsAway Launches New Website
- 30 May 2017
- After lots of hard work and anticipation, ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialists, are thrilled to announce the launch of their brand-new responsive and fully optimised website. The new website features a slick new bespoke design to bring the brand into 2017 with a fresh, mod...
- ChipsAway Celebrates Its Ninth Year of TV Advertising
- 28 April 2017
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, are celebrating the launch of their consumer TV campaign for 2017 this month, marking the 9th anniversary of TV advertising for the SMART repairs brand. ChipsAway’s national TV campaign has grown more and more successful each year since...
- ChipsAway Achieve a Coveted 5* Rating on TrustPilot
- 14 March 2017
- ChipsAway, the originators of minor car paint repair technology, have recently achieved a prestigious 5* rating from online consumer review company TrustPilot, with an average review score of 9.0 from over 650 reviews! “Exceptional customer service and high quality standards are at the heart of al...
- Getting Paid for Your Passion
- 27 February 2017
- ChipsAway Car Repairers Show Off Their Favourite Jobs ChipsAway is the UK's leading network of minor car body repair specialists. Many of their franchisees join the network because they are already so passionate about cars, and see the franchise as a great opportunity to turn their career into the...
- Choose ChipsAway To Avoid Higher Insurance Premiums
- 13 December 2016
- Insurance companies have once again come in for criticism from consumer groups, after it was revealed they penalise motorists for accidents or minor damage – even when it’s not their fault. Campaign group Which conducted a survey which found the majority of participants did not understand the insu...
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director
- 25 July 2016
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director Franchise Brands Ltd, the international multi-brand franchisor for ChipsAway, Ovenclean and MyHome, announces the appointment of Andrew Mallows as Finance Director. Andrew previously held a number of key roles at Domino’s Pizza fro...
- Record consumer leads for ChipsAway – May 2016
- 14 June 2016
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, saw record levels of demand for their service in May, with circa 25,000 consumer leads going out to the network! That’s a staggering increase of 13% compared to May last year, and a 5.5% increase vs the previous record month – July ...
- ChipsAway achieving excellent recruitment figures as more people follow their passion into their work
- 02 June 2016
- ChipsAway, leading automotive repair franchise, is pleased to announce that they are seeing excellent recruitment figures for 2016, as more people are looking to follow their passion for cars into their work. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) recently discovered that UK w...
- From Strength To Strength For Franchise Brands
- 13 January 2016
- In line with their strategy of organic growth, parent company of leading high street names Ovenclean and ChipsAway, Franchise Brands, is celebrating record results from a fantastic 2015! Franchise Brands credit the amazing success down to a mixture of optimising existing marketing campaigns, plus ...
- Record breaking summer for leading franchise brands
- 10 September 2015
- While it may not have been the best of summers weather-wise, the record breaking results achieved earlier this year for leading franchises ChipsAway and Ovenclean have once again been smashed this summer! This is great news for both networks of around 400 franchisees in total, who are enjoying highe...
- ChipsAway Celebrates 21st Birthday
- 28 April 2015
- ChipsAway International is delighted to be celebrating its 21st anniversary since being introduced to the UK back in 1994! Having grown and developed substantially since its initial launch, ChipsAway has always remained brand leader, standing head and shoulders above the competition and always str...
- Franchise Brands announces the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director
- 23 October 2014
- Franchise Brands Worldwide Limited (“Franchise Brands”), the holding company for a number of flagship franchise businesses including ChipsAway International and Ovenclean, is pleased to announce the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director with immediate effect. Franchis...
- Smashing Summer for ChipsAway!
- 02 September 2014
- What a Summer it’s been for the UK’s leading automotive paintwork repair brand ChipsAway, who have smashed all previous records with the Franchisor generating an unprecedented level of demand in terms of repair leads for their UK wide network of franchise partners as a result of a major investmen...
- National push as ChipsAway resumes TV advertising!
- 23 April 2014
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for a scorching 2014 with another high-profile TV advertising campaign, this year starting in April and running until September. 2013 was yet another record year for the company, with £30m+ worth of repair opportunities gen...
- ChipsAway’s longest ever running TV campaign already drives record demand!
- 05 July 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, has already reported record YTD figures for 2013, with its longest ever running high-profile TV advertising campaign in full swing. Last month alone, overall demand for the ChipsAway service surpassed all expectations with over £3 million w...
- ChipsAway Are Back On TV For Their Longest Run Ever!
- 12 March 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for what is going to be a scorching 2013, with its longest ever high-profile TV advertising campaign, starting in March and running until September.2012 was yet another record year for the company, with £85,000 worth of repa...
- Good news for ChipsAway as YouGov research reveals market potential
- 08 October 2012
- Once again a YouGov poll has confirmed that the brand best known to the British motorist for automotive paintwork repairs is ChipsAway, with almost half of those surveyed citing the company’s name. In further good news for ChipsAway’s nationwide network of franchisees, the research confirmed ...
- ChipsAway awarded IMI accreditation
- 10 July 2012
- ChipsAway, the most successful automotive franchise in the UK, has become the latest minor automotive repair specialist to gain IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) accreditation for its initial courses.The accreditation means that ChipsAway’s comprehensive training program will now not only...
- ChipsAway continues its global expansion
- 07 June 2012
- Leading British car body repair brand ChipsAway, continues its global expansion, with the opening of its first middle-eastern franchise in Saudi Arabia.ChipsAway, one of the world’s largest car repair networks, has announced its expansion into the Middle East with the opening of a master franchi...
- ChipsAway Expands into Brazil Market
- 18 July 2011
- Leading automotive paintwork repairs specialist ChipsAway has announced the launch of a new master franchise in Sao Paulo, Brazil, expanding its global network. According to a Business Monitor International (BMI) report in February this year, a 10.6% year on year rise in Brazil’s...
- ChipsAway Charity ‘Date’ with Celebrity
- 13 May 2011
- Lunch with the lovely Vicki Butler-Henderson, glamorous presenter of car enthusiasts’ programme Fifth Gear, is merely the stuff of fantasy for her many admirers, but for ChipsAway franchise owner Steve Hancock, a ‘date’ with Vicki became a dream come true after he raised more than £1,000 for ...
- Presenter Hails Automotive Franchise
- 16 December 2010
- A presenter of Channel five’s Gadget Show chose ChipsAway to repair her car after she scraped the bumper. Pollyanna Woodward, one of the newest presenters of the Gadget Show, which features all the latest gizmos in the world of technology, was so pleased with her ChipsAway car re...
- Young Graduates - Graduate Stuart beats jobs blues with ChipsAway franchise
- 25 June 2012
- Geography graduate Stuart Yorston little suspected that straight out of university he would be running his own highly successful business. Like most students, Stuart had assumed that once he completed his degree, he would settle into employment, following a career related to his subject.However, in ...
- Women in Franchising - Michelle Motors Ahead with ChipsAway
- 25 June 2012
- 39 year old Michelle Clark first became a ChipsAway franchisee in 2004. The former graphic artist was looking for a practical, hands-on business backed by a franchise that would provide the expertise and support she needed to be successful. Her partner Anatol Poyer-Sleeman was so impressed by Michel...
- Thinking Big! ChipsAway franchisee Alistair has sights set on the big time
- 25 June 2012
- A great deal can happen in a year, as ChipsAway franchisee Alistair Hoy can testify. Ali opened a ChipsAway CarCare Centre (a fixed-base workshop) only six months after his initial business launch as a ‘man and a van’ operation, in line with his original business plan. Subsequently, he took...
- Profiting Partnerships - Painting A Picture Of Success With ChipsAway
- 25 June 2012
- Successful property developers for over 15 years, Steve and Anne Martin decided to change direction completely in 2009 and after considering various options, invested in a ChipsAway franchise. Since then, their business has continued to grow at an impressive rate. Within months of their franchise la...
- From Forces to Franchising - Andy's Hitting Targets with ChipsAway
- 25 June 2012
- Franchisee Andy Darby is hitting all targets as his ChipsAway business continues to expand. From launching a ‘man and a van’ operation on a single territory eleven years ago, former soldier Andy has built up an impressive multi-vehicle operation and a team of employees to serve his three territ...
- Management and Multi-Unit Operation - High Flyer Paul Makes the Grade with ChipsAway
- 25 June 2012
- Now into his twelfth year with the UK’s leading automotive paintwork repair brand, high flying ChipsAway franchisee Paul Fabian has built an impressive management franchise business, with two ChipsAway CarCare Centres on adjacent territories, a team of six employees and an active 13,000 strong c...
- Changing Careers - ChipsAway franchisee Ryan is motoring ahead!
- 25 June 2012
- Only four months after his ‘fantastic’ launch with ChipsAway, the UK’s leading brand in mobile automotive paintwork repairs, franchisee Ryan Lythe is still amazed by the runaway success of his business. He’s already actively looking for premises to set up a ChipsAway CarCare Centre (a fixed-base...
- Families in Franchising - Paul's Keeping It in the Family
- 25 June 2012
- Proud dad Paul Clift faced redundancy before joining the UK’s leading ‘on-the-spot’ car repair franchise ChipsAway three years ago. Within 12 months of launching his business, demand had increased so much that he needed to gear up and expand, taking on a second territory and an additional ve...
- Bouncing Back From Redundancy - Ian is driving forward with ChipsAway!
- 25 June 2012
- Former Financial Services Executive, Ian Whitlock has had a lot to smile about recently. Not only is his ChipsAway business a huge success, but he has just swiped his second prestigious ChipsAway award.Since starting his franchise in 2009 Ian has been motoring ahead. After just 12 months he expanded...