Headcase - Barbers Franchise
Established in 2000, the Headcase brand has gone from strength to strength as one the most popular franchised barber shops in the UKWatch Video
Men’s barbering is booming and Headcase Barbers International, the largest barber group in the UK (and with branches abroad), provides an opportunity to invest in a part-time management franchise within, and with support of, our charismatic brand.
Established in 2000, Headcase was designed to revive the experience of a first-class barbering to customers tired of a mediocre industry and to restore the local barbers to a central place in the community. This was done through focus on the shop environment, excellent customer service and great rock, blues and jazz music, including live sessions within the shops. Given that haircuts are an essential and high repeat service, there is significant business reward for creating an authentic, destination venue for men to want to come to rather than facing their regular haircut as a chore.
With more shops open than any other UK barber group, and with branches in South Africa, The Netherlands and in early 2017 Sweden, Headcase has the brand authority, backed up with bespoke Epos and management systems, to give you the opportunity to develop a portfolio business. We can help you every step of the way, from selection of the ideal shop units to recruitment and retention of talented, focused barbers.
Why own a Headcase Barber franchise?
- No need to leave your job: Headcase is an ideal part-time management franchise to build a secure future with a portfolio career.
- Headcase has soul and authenticity: Headcase shops look great and deliver an unparalleled experience to customers who have hitherto faced the stark alternative of the £10 chop or the £40+ men’s cut in a ladies salon.
- A brand alone: In a fragmented industry of unexceptional independent barber shops, Headcase offers a vibrant, recognisable brand and alternative choice for men with the confidence and market positioning to charge almost twice the going cut rate for a genuine experience.
- Destination employer: Barbering is changing and Headcase is in the vanguard of those changes making it a place to aspire to work in – so recruitment and retention of barbers is easier.
- Charismatic brand with active social media participation: Why does this matter? You can’t fool Google nowadays; rankings are based on interactions. Headcase delivers with loyal participation on a range of social media platforms from owners, staff and customers – as well as followers from across the world - to ensure our rankings are and will remain high. Your shops will have their own Facebook and Instagram pages and your barbers will naturally engage in those media because they will be part of a wider Headcase community beyond their place of work. Private channels are available for team cohesion, as well as supportive banter and moral making Headcase a fun place for barbers to work, which aids retention!
- Central business reinvestment: Yes there is a royalty – but without it there would be no interested central business to provide support! However with a network of shops we can outspend any independent barber with reinvestment in the business from Epos system upgrades, marketing, training support, to barber benefits and perks – we are confident that our barbers are probably the only barbers in the UK who get BUPA healthcare as standard! We also provide Perkbox which gives a massive range of retail discounts and benefits, which all leads to great retention!
What is the business case?
- Haircuts are a necessity and repeat custom
- Customer retention is high
- Barbering is recession resistant
- The business cannot be replicated on the internet
- Shop operation is easy and Headcase provides training and support, including a bespoke Epos system (with a unique customer loyalty App) that allows owners remote monitoring of multiple shops – even from their own work!
- Streamlined fixed costs and business model
- Strategic Business Partnerships – with global product manufacturers
Do I need to be a Barber to invest in a Headcase franchise?
No. You can be, but you don’t have to be. We’re specifically looking for investors with business acumen looking for portfolio investments with some spare time to strategically direct their business; we help with selection of qualified barber managers for shops who will run day to day operations. We want you to support your business, develop shop turnover, audit your business and focus on growth opportunities.
These are not onerous time commitments and we expect that you may remain in your job or devote time to other business interests, certainly until you have a large portfolio of Headcase shops!
What skills are you looking for in a franchisee to invest in a Headcase franchise?
Your business leadership and management experience is important. An understanding of business finance and cash flow management is essential, although we can provide specific training and tools to help you.
How much capital is required to open a Headcase franchise?
Covering absolutely everything - circa £60,000 in total, including VAT (reclaimable), to cover Franchise Fee (£5,000), furniture, equipment, signage, initial marketing, training, product supply, timber and essential materials for shop fitting (as budgeted ) plus an estimate for shop fitting project management and labour, the landlord’s rent deposit and your legal fees for conveyancing. The size, location and condition of you shop unit affects 3rd party costs.
With cash investment of just £20,000 and working capital of £15,000 we will work with you to secure finance, subject to status, and launch your new Headcase Barbers.
If Headcase sounds of interest then
contact us today for more information!