Mac Tools - Mobile Tool Retail Franchise
Mac Tools sells top quality products including Mac Tools and DeWalt.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £3,750
- Available areas
- Opportunities available throughout the UK - Over 100 units
Mac Tools... Great to work with
Mac Tools is a full member of the British Franchise Association and part of Stanley Black & Decker, a £7 billion organisation employing over 30,000 people worldwide. They are also the owner of the world famous Facom, Britool Expert and DeWalt brands. Over the last three years Mac Tools have achieved 25% year-on-year growth in what is considered to be a flat market.
Our franchisees are trusted distributors of what we consider to be the best quality tools on the market to customers such as car dealerships, automotive repair shops, manufacturing units, and engineering companies.
If you have the desire and passion to work for yourself, available cash of £3,750 and the ability to build relationships, Mac Tools is the franchise to drive your future.
Your investment and rewards
As a Mac Tools franchisee – as with any franchise – your success depends on the investment you are prepared and able to make. That investment will be both personal (time and effort) and financial.
Joining Mac Tools is now even more affordable with the new financing support provided by Mac Tools.
Self-funding Option: £15,000 liquid capital and fund the remainder of your total investment of £50,000 through a bank loan. You are awarded our highest trading terms.
Mac Tools Funding Option: Self-fund only £3,750 of liquid capital plus up to £8,750 bank funding with the remainder of your total investment being funded by Mac Tools. You'll be awarded lower trading terms but you'll get the opportunity to move to higher trading terms through the franchise agreement.
In both cases you will benefit from great support and receive your branded van and starter stock that you will sell on at a profit.
We have 120 franchisees operating in the UK with a potential UK tools market of over £150 million. Existing Mac Tools franchisees are typically earning gross profits ranging from £50,000 to £75,000 from one territory and there are various territories available across the country.
Our territories typically include around 180 automotive locations making it bigger than those of similar franchise opportunities. The opportunity is there for you to build the goodwill asset value of your territory and sell it on as a going concern to an existing or new Mac Tools franchisee.
Your life as a Mac Tools franchise owner
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be your own boss and work from home; to fulfil that dream of owning your own business
Mac Tools provides you with a professionally-equipped van which will be stocked with a wide and world class range of products for you to sell. The Mac Tools line consists of over 18,000 professional tools including screwdrivers, ratchets, wrenches, and assorted air tools, as well as its own toolboxes.
You will be allocated a territory, with a database of all the known automotive relevant outlets within it and you will then be able to sell directly to customers by calling into their workshops on a regular and reliable basis.
There is no charge from Mac Tools for ongoing royalties so you keep 100% of your profit.
What you can expect from Mac Tools
Your Mac Tools licence
- Allows you to operate under the highly reputable Mac Tools brand.
- Gives you a proven system to help you build your own successful business.
- Provides access to the comprehensive and innovative Mac Tools branded product range.
- Allows access to Stanley’s first-class Facom and Britool brands.
- Gives the ability to build your territory into a valuable asset and sell on as a going concern.
Comprehensive training with our TLC programme
- Train – 2 weeks of initial training at UK HQ
- Launch – 2 weeks of business launch with your Regional Franchise Manager
- Coach – 12 month coaching programme to ensure that you are meeting your business objectives.
Professional marketing support
- Promotional flyers, catalogues, information leaflets and online support will help you to drive sales.
- There are regular regional meetings where you’ll meet other franchisees, receive training and can take advantage of new products and promotions.
- You can attend the Toolfair exhibition which offers an opportunity to meet other franchisees and buy the latest tools.
- You will have access to exclusive sponsorship and brand recognition deals.
What does Mac Tools expect from you?
- Experience is an advantage, but attitude is essential
- Previous sales and business experience and a basic knowledge of mechanics’ tools will help
- People skills
- Financial stability, clear credit history and liquid capital of £3,750
- Full driving licence
- Mac Tools Toolbox Trucks Take to the Road
- 07 March 2017
- The Mac Tools Toolbox Trucks are now out on the road. Currently there are two trucks operating across the UK and are a great way to showcase the exciting range of toolboxes available. With a truck in the North and one in the South, franchisees across the country are enjoying the benefit the interest...
- Tooling up for the Year Ahead
- 06 February 2017
- Mac Tools franchisees are now back at work and they’re looking forward to the Mac Tools annual Tool Fair. This Tool Fair will be taking place in March and gives franchisees the opportunity to meet both the Head Office team and the rest of their network. One of the major focuses of this event is to...
- Mac Through the Generations
- 12 December 2016
- Stephen Rollo, owner of Mac Tools Greenock, has been part of Mac Tools for three years and has been so pleased with the success of his business that he has decided to take a step back and pass the business down to his son, Stuart. At the age of just 25, Stuart will be enjoying the benefits of busi...
- Mac Tools Round Off the Year with an Award Shortlisting
- 26 October 2016
- Mac Tools franchisee, Gary Teasdale, has been shortlisted for Franchisee of the Year in this year’s Startups Awards. Having only launched his business in April 2015 in Cumbria, Gary has already created a leading reputation in his local community and started turning a profit. Everyone at Mac To...
- Mac Tools Show of Success
- 14 October 2016
- Mac Tools recently attended The National Franchise Exhibition in Birmingham where they spoke to many people looking to change their futures and enjoy a better lifestyle. The Mac Tools team was pleased to meet so many people who were interested in taking the driver’s seat and becoming part of the Mac...
- The Tools for Success!
- 06 September 2016
- Mac Tools has introduced two new products to their line. The Bruiser ET750UKDT3 and the Diagnostics ET200 tools are not only designed to make mechanics lives easier, they also give Mac Tools franchisees something extra to offer to their customers. Mac Tools recognises the importance of continually...
- Four more Mac Men join the team!
- 02 January 2014
- As 2013 draws in, Mac Tools are laying the foundations for a successful 2014 already. Mac Tools are proud to welcome four new Mac men to the team this month. Alan Myers Jow, Stephen Hindmarch, Daniel Briggs-Price and Andrew Goodall have all set out on the road in their brand new Mac Tools vans.Mac T...
- It’s a man’s world… or is it?
- 19 November 2013
- Kate Kent has recently become the second female Mac Tools franchisee. Kate was working as a teaching assistant in a local school when she started helping out her fiancé, Adrian Griggs, who is already a Mac Man, during the school holidays. Kate enjoyed helping Adrian so much that she decided to op...
- Many roads lead to Mac Tools
- 22 July 2013
- A Sales Manager, Field Service Technician and a Diesel Fitter. What do they have in common? They are all off to a great new start in their dedicated Mac Tools franchise territories. Mac Tools is part of Stanley Black & Decker, a £7+ billion global organisation employing over 30,000 people wor...
- Four new Mac Man are off to an exciting start
- 05 July 2013
- Four new Mac Man have joined the Mac Tools franchise network this month. Alex Wray, James McMurdo, James McCue, and Steve Davis have just finished their initial training and are now off on the road in their respective new territories. Mac Tools is part of Stanley Black & Decker, a £7+ billion g...
- New Tool-tastic developments for training
- 06 June 2013
- Mac Tools is going from strength to strength with the introduction of a new and innovative Development and Training Programme. The new programme is spear-headed by Australian-born Franchise Training and Development Manager Stephen Gotz. Stephen has over 20 years of experience in the franchise i...
- Trio set out in shiny new Mac Tools vans
- 18 April 2013
- Mac Tools welcomes a further three new franchisees to their UK network. Neil Dulson, Andy Davies, and Steve Marchant are the latest additions to join the network of over 115 trusted Mac Tools UK distributors. Mac Tools are part of Stanley Black & Decker, a £7 billion organisation employing ...
- Mac Tools wins prestigious franchise marketing award
- 20 March 2013
- Mac Tools celebrated a great success last weekend at the British & International Franchise Exhibition. They were shortlisted for three awards at The Franchise Marketing Awards (FMA) and despite strong competition from fellow nominees, like Driver Hire, Baskin-Robbins and Aspray, won the Best Ove...
- Record Results at Mac Tools’ Franchisee of the Year Awards
- 26 February 2013
- Mac Tools celebrated their Franchisee of the Year 2012 awards last weekend with record results across their franchise network. Business is booming and their franchisees are seeking to outperform each other as part of a friendly competition every year. Mac Tools is part of Stanley Black & ...
- Mac Tools welcomes new Franchise Recruitment Manager
- 13 February 2013
- Award-winning tool franchise, Mac Tools, is excited to welcome Chris Magson as the latest addition to our franchise recruitment and support team. Chris has worked in Mac Tools’ general accounting team for the past ten years, most recently as Stanley Black & Decker’s UK IAR Commercial Finance Man...
- Mac Tools celebrates 2013 with three new franchisees
- 29 January 2013
- Mac Tools are going strong into the New Year with three new franchisees joining their UK network this month. They are excited to announce that Colin Childs, Dean Fitzgerald and Phil Brown have taken to the road in their shiny new black Mac Tools vans! Mac Tools is part of Stanley Black & Deck...
- John Booth wins Franchisee of the Year Award
- 10 December 2012
- Mac Tools franchisee John Booth has won this year’s Startups award in the Best Franchisee of the Year category. The Startups Awards are sponsored by NatWest and celebrate the success of businesses in the UK that have been trading for less than three years. 35 companies from across the country ha...
- Motorsport enthusiast joins Mac Tools network
- 30 November 2012
- Mac Tools continues to grow across the United Kingdom. The latest addition to the Mac Tools network is Oliver Mullan, who has joined Mac Tools in Northern Ireland. Mac Tools is excited that Oliver will now apply his nine years of experience in the motor trade as a Parts Manager and Adviser to di...
- Driving on a new endeavour with Mac Tools
- 12 October 2012
- Mac Tools is proud to announce that two more franchisees have launched their Mac Tools van franchise. David Gauld and Kevin Norton, who both enjoy the outdoors, have taken to the road in their respective territories this fall. Joining our network of over 100 UK distributors, Mac Tools are part o...
- Three new franchisees picking up Mac Tools
- 17 September 2012
- Mac Tools are pleased to announce yet another three new franchisees have launched. Cliff Zoutewelle, Lyndon Barnes and Tom Reid have joined our network of over 100 UK distributors. Mac Tools are part of Stanley Black & Decker, an $11+ billion organisation employing over 30,000 people worldwide. ...
- Two more franchisees hit the road with Mac Tools
- 20 August 2012
- Another two franchisees took to the road at the end of July following three weeks of training with Mac Tools. Launching their exclusive territories are Adrian Griggs in Ipswich and Craig Thorne in Bristol.The new franchisees join a UK network of over 100 distributors and are keen to get out on t...
- Mac Tools raises funds for charity BEN
- 02 August 2012
- Paul Clegg, UK Recruitment Manager for Mac Tools undertook the National Three Peaks Challenge in July to raise funds for the charity BEN. Well-known amongst the adventurous, the demanding effort involves walking the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours. The efforts sa...
- Father and son back on the road with tool franchise in Ireland
- 11 July 2012
- Mac Tools welcomes two new franchisees to run the Portadown and Omagh territories in Ireland. John and Stephen McKnight, a father and son from Whitecross launched their respective territories at the end of May following extensive training at the Mac Tools facilities.Mac Tools is part of Stanl...
- Five new franchisees pick up the tools of the trade
- 22 June 2012
- The pace is picking up in the automotive industry, as Mac Tools announce five new franchisees.Mac Tools is part of Stanley Black & Decker, an $11+ billion global organisation employing over 30,000 people worldwide and owner of the world famous Stanley Black & Decker, Facom, Britool Expert and DeWalt...
- Taking the Driver’s Seat After Redundancy
- 24 April 2012
- Mac Tools is the future for franchisee Steve Phillips who has recently been hit with double redundancy.Here he explains how he took control of his career by choosing franchising and the leading auto tools franchise.“I had been working in the motorhome industry for over 17 years, mostly for a ...
- Mac Tools Franchisees are Mac-nificent!
- 21 February 2012
- Mac Tools franchisees love competition whether it is racing cars, superbikes or taking the wheel-change challenge! So, it was no surprise to see some healthy competitive banter at their annual awards ceremony on 18th February at the fabulous Whittlebury Hall near Silverstone. ...