Tutor Doctor - Tutoring Franchise
Tutor Doctor Franchise owners operate this highly profitable, white collar, home-based business by utilising a network of tutors.
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £29,700
Work from home with everyday flexibility!
As a prominent leader in the multi-billion pound industry of private tutoring, Tutor Doctor is experiencing one of the fastest growing international expansions of any educational company in the history of franchising. With over 500 locations in 16 countries, Tutor Doctor has changed the lives of 270,000+ people by helping them with their academic goals. This is accomplished by utilising a unique one-to-one tutoring approach that matches students with professional tutors based upon the students' individual needs.
Tutor Doctor's approach to education enables students of any age to get help with any subject - whether they require remedial attention or academic enrichment.
While each year Tutor Doctor has continued to grow at unprecedented rates, it is the commitment to the core philosophy - every child can learn, but not every child learns the same way - that remains the source of Tutor Doctor’s success.
Tutor Doctor has been widely recognised as a leader in the private tutoring industry being ranked the number one in-home tutoring franchise worldwide by Entrepreneur Magazine and winning the Child’s Magazine’s Parents Choice Award in 2010, 2011, and 2013 and the Top 50 Franchises for Minorities, National Minority Franchising Initiative.
Customers Love Tutor Doctor!
With over one million tutoring sessions completed, Tutor Doctor has changed the lives of countless students. From the student who wants to be an engineer, but struggles with maths, to the student who isn’t being challenged in school and has been encouraged to tap into their full potential, Tutor Doctor's individual approach helps students achieve their goals in academics and life. It’s because of this that 95% of our customers would recommend Tutor Doctor to others.
Proven Business Model
No background in education required!
Tutor Doctor franchisees, who manage a team of professional tutors and work on the business rather than in it, follow an award winning home-based business model that requires no educational background to operate.
The Tutor Doctor franchise low overheads produces an excellent return on investment while franchisees enjoy the fulfilment of making a difference in their communities.
83% of Tutor Doctor Franchisees come from backgrounds other than education!
In fact, 25% of Tutor Doctor’s franchise community has a background in financial services, IT, manufacturing, and healthcare. From housewives to leaders in their industries (eg. ex-president of Boeing), Tutor Doctor franchisees have three common desires:
- To own a business that offers flexibility and control over their lifestyle
- To feel passionate about they do
- To have control over their income
Work from home!
Tutor Doctor franchisees enjoy flexibility in their lifestyle, have full control over their work schedule and enjoy the fulfilment of owning a business that makes a difference in the lives of families in their communities. By following the home-based business model, Tutor Doctor franchisees build a team of tutors and strong customer base with no ongoing overhead costs.
Why Is The Private Tutoring Market Booming?
Private tutoring is growing by leaps and bounds and it is now the fastest growing segment in the education industry! Today's parents are increasingly turning to tutors to supplement their children's regular education or to compete for competitive university entrances. Consider this: In the UK alone, the tutoring industry is valued at £6 billion a year, according to The Daily Telegraph. That’s more than what the entire Las Vegas Strip casino industry generates on an annual basis. Moreover, the Telegraph recently published an article about ‘super tutors’ earning up to £1,000 per hour, while CNN aired a programme on celebrity tutors who were making over US$1 million (approximately £620,000) in yearly earnings.
More interestingly, market research specialist Global Industry Analysts has released a study stating that the global private tutoring market will surpass US$102.8 billion (approximately £64 billion) by 2018 and US$123.8 billion (approximately £77 billion) by 2020. That’s an extraordinary 20 per cent growth in just two years.
So with no evident market leader, extremely high fragmentation, explosive growth and recession resistance built in, the tutoring market in the UK, as a business opportunity, is positioned for massive success, but only if planned professionally and with scalability. Enter Tutor Doctor.
As a Tutor Doctor franchisee, you will have access to the most cutting edge business practices and technology, and be supported by a world-class team, including:
Multiple Revenue Streams
Tutor Doctor's individual approach to private tutoring meets the needs of any student, of any age, for any subject. This comprehensive method opens a number of high-margin revenue streams for Tutor Doctor franchisees to pursue:
If you're a motivated, people-oriented person who wants to own a business that enables you to have more flexibility in your life, work from home, make a difference in your customers' lives and have control over your income, then we want to talk to you. Complete the form below and we'll be in touch!
- 22 new franchises sees Tutor Doctor top 500!
- 04 April 2017
- Tutor Doctor open a whopping 22 new franchises in the last 3-months as the company continues its rapid growth here in the UK. In a momentous double celebration, December sees Tutor Doctor sign its 500th franchise worldwide, cementing the brand as a world-leader in home tutoring.“Proud is an understa...
- Bringing corporate experience to a home-grown business
- 23 March 2017
- “It was important to me to be part of a business that shared my values. In Tutor Doctor, I found just that; a business with serious earning potential and a strong moral compass. I’m proud to be building a profitable business whilst helping to improve the lives of children across Edinburgh as I do.” ...
- Building a future for Kenya’s deaf children
- 03 August 2016
- Tutor Doctor takes its ‘everyone can learn’ philosophy to a new level by helping to build a school for deaf children in Kenya as part of Project Riandu. On 13th August, Michelle Morris, marketing co-ordinator, will fly to rural Kenya. Michelle will spend two weeks helping construction of the l...
- Top marks for Tutor Doctor!
- 29 June 2016
- Tutor Doctor is celebrating the announcement that Alex Scotchbrook, their first ever and most successful UK franchisee, has been shortlisted in the British Franchise Association’s (bfa) Franchisee of the Year awards 2016. Alex will go head to head with another four impressive female business owner...
- From teacher, to student, to business owner!
- 16 June 2016
- 'Growth and profit whilst doing something that I love. Not many people can say that!' At just 30 years old, former teacher Leon is one of the youngest franchisees in the Tutor Doctor network. But don’t be fooled into thinking that makes business ownership less of a commitment for him. On the contr...
- Top marks for Tutor Doctor!
- 10 June 2016
- Tutor Doctor is celebrating the announcement that Alex Scotchbrook, their first ever and most successful UK franchisee, has been shortlisted in the British Franchise Association’s (bfa) Franchisee of the Year awards 2016.Alex will go head to head with another four impressive female business owners t...
- Thousands turn to private tuition to save their child’s future
- 01 June 2016
- A recent Ipsos MORI poll for the Sutton Trust found that 25% of all young people in the UK have received private tuition at some point; in London, the figure rises to 44% where the number of children receiving five or more A*-C grade GCSE’s has more than doubled in the last decade. In the last fe...
- TUTOR DOCTOR LAUNCHES FAST-TRACK FRANCHISE SCHEME FOR UK MILITARY PERSONNEL
- 10 February 2015
- Tutor Doctor – the world’s fastest growing provider of one-to-one home-based tuition – has launched a unique scheme to make it easier for ex-military personnel to invest in a franchise. The Franchise 500 company is offering a two-year interest free loan to cover the £29,700 franchise fee for former...
- Tutor Doctor UK Franchise – Corporate Backgrounder
- 02 December 2014
- - Making Learning Enjoyable and Rewarding – Tutor Doctor is the world’s fastest growing provider of one-to-one home-based tuition. The company was established in North America in 2000 and started its global franchise operation in 2003. It now has over 400 franchised territories in more...
- What Makes A World Class Franchise Opportunity?
- 20 August 2014
- Investing into a franchise is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your lifetime, so you need to ensure the brand you have chosen has the potential to be as successful as possible for you!Tutor Doctor is the World’s Number One one-to-one Education Franchise, which has not only been proven b...
- Meet the former teacher taking centre stage
- 12 May 2017
- Roger Kennedy has had quite the career, from the theatre stage to the small screen and even stand-up comedy before finally finding his passion for education; all before the age of 30! After seven years in teaching, disillusioned by what he describes as the ‘daily bureaucracy’, Roger decided that h...
- From corporate success to community triumph
- James Goody and Merri Applegate have done what many can only dream of. Traded in gruelling, high-profile corporate roles to pursue their dream of owning their own business. Their passion and commitment to helping the children in their local community has seen their Tutor Doctor business flourish. ...
- The return from Oz: a local business success story
- After relocating from Australia with his family in 2015, teacher Matt Kerr couldn’t face the thought of returning to a profession marred by red tape and bureaucracy. He did what many of us can only dream of doing and pursued his lifelong goal of business ownership! He’s now able to channel his passi...
- Tutor Doctor Case Study: Dominic Stone
- Ex-primary school teacher Dominic Stone’s frustration with bureaucracy and politics in the education system has led him to develop a highly successful business with his Tutor Doctor franchise. Based in Lancashire Dominic has seen his business grow by up to 60% year on year since starting the fra...
- Tutor Doctor Case Study: Mark Butler
- The desire to run a business which not only addressed a growing need in the local community but also provided a valuable service for local families prompted Mark and Joanna Butler to start their Reading-based Tutor Doctor franchise in April 2014. With Mark’s successful career in international stoc...
- Tutor Doctor Case Study: Rob Kerrison
- With a successful career in industry behind him, Rob Kerrison is reaching new heights with his Tutor Doctor franchise in Cambridge. After doing a business degree Rob entered Unilever’s prestigious management trainee scheme. He stayed with the company for a number of years in a sales and marketing...
- Tutor Doctor Case Study: Joyce Batten
- Joyce Batten is a woman on a mission. Not content with one Tutor Doctor franchise she has taken on another three territories under the company’s “Empire Builder” programme. However the task does not daunt Joyce. Prior to buying her first franchise in September 2011 in Bromley, Kent she held seni...