Wagging Tails - Pet Franchise
A flexible nationwide home based business offering an opportunity to build your own successful dog boarding company.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £12,995 + Vat
- Available areas
The UKs leading licensed home dog boarding company
Looking for the right business opportunity?
Wagging Tails offers you the opportunity for a complete change of lifestyle, allowing you the freedom to work from your own home office with your dog by your side.
With no two days the same your time will be spent building a team of wonderful Dog Carers and matching owners' dogs to a suitable Carer to ensure they have the best holiday possible. This is a role for a dog lover (obviously!) looking to create the perfect work life balance.
Who are Wagging Tails?
Wagging Tails is the UK’s leading licensed dog boarding company and was established by Managing Director Lisa in 2007 with the aim of giving dog owners what they really want - a loving home from home holiday for their dogs and a true alternative to traditional kennels.
Having developed a thriving local business Lisa franchised Wagging Tails in 2010 as a means of expanding to meet the huge demand we had received from dog owners across the country.
Wagging Tails now has an established network of dog loving franchisees operating across the country and are continuing to grow in this fast moving market place
An award winning franchise with award winning franchisees!
We, and more importantly our franchisees, have won numerous awards, including EWIF Franchisee of the Year on two occasions, EWIF New Franchisee of the Year, EWIF Franchisor of the Year, FMA Best Franchise Marketing Support, Theo Paphitis #SBS Award, and finalists at the Pet Industry Federation (PIF) Awards for Best Pet Service Business and twice finalists at the Best Franchise Awards in addition to local business accolades showcasing the success of both our service and our franchisees.
“Buy with Confidence” – Trading Standards Approved
Wagging Tails are the only pet care franchise approved by Trading Standards’ “Buy With Confidence” national register of Trading Standards Approved businesses.
As you are on your journey looking into different franchise opportunities it can be hard to distinguish between them when they all claim to offer similar opportunities and operate to the same levels. Our attainment of Trading Standards approval is another clear indicator that we are the only pet care franchise, which has proven itself to operate in a legal, honest and fair manner in the home dog boarding arena.
What does being Buy With Confidence Trading Standards Approved mean?
- Vetted and approved by Trading Standards
- Committed to operating in a legal, honest and fair way
- Criminal records checked (if going into homes)
- Qualified, experienced and fully insured
- Monitored to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Advised on Trading Standards legislation
An ethical and charitable business
We pride ourselves on our ethical approach to business in all areas of our company. We abide by all animal regulations that affect our work and lead the way in ensuring that home dog boarding conforms with all legal requirements, in particular the licensing of Dog Carers.
We have an established charity partnership with Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. Since we began working with Hearing Dogs for Deaf People over four years ago we have helped to raise over £17,000 for the charity and at the end of 2017 welcomed our very own Wagging Tails funded trainee Hearing Dog, Neve. (the only pet franchise to have achieved this).
“The ethics of the business are the reason I chose it and it is great that they remain so important to the Franchisors.”
Emily Deacon, Wagging Tails Brighton Franchisee
High earning potential in a growing marketplace
There are over 8.5 million dogs in the UK with 25% of households owning a dog, so there is a huge market for our service. Due to demand we launched our first franchise in Oxfordshire in December 2010 (franchisee Teresa Bowers celebrated her seventh successful year in 2017!) and now have a thriving network of successful franchisees, 40% of whom have been trading for over 4 years.
A Wagging Tails business can develop quickly and average sales of around £3,500* per month, with huge capacity for as growth as each franchise develops. We regularly see our established franchisees turning over £5,000* per month, rising up to £10,000* in peak months.
The most successful franchise owners are able to achieve sales of around £40,000* per annum within 18 months.
* Figures based on actual performance.
Why choose a British Franchise Association verified franchise?
Wagging Tails is a proven franchise model verified by full membership of the British Franchise Association (BFA), the main governing body for franchising in the UK. Since entering into franchising we have chosen to be vetted against the BFA’s strict code of business practise.
- There are over 1,000 companies in the UK that claim to be a franchise, and between 250 and 300 of these are advertising at any one time to try and find new franchise owners. Sadly many of the pet care franchises fall into this category.
- As a potential franchise owner it is very difficult to know which of these are reputable brands, which brands offer a genuine opportunity with true support and which brands are trying to simply make money from the ‘sale’ of their franchise, rather than from your success in business.
Knowing a franchise brand is a BFA member immediately offers a certain number of assurances that a brand who is not a member cannot. As full BFA members Wagging Tails have had to prove that their franchisees actually turnover the figures quoted by the company, giving peace of mind to any prospective franchisees that the earnings are achievable.
“Every process and rule is in place for a good reason and by following the Wagging Tails way I can operate safely knowing that I am always acting professionally and putting dogs comfort and safety first.”
Sunny Montague, Wagging Tails Berks & Bucks Franchisee
Training & Support
You do not need previous experience or knowledge of the pet care industry but a genuine love of dogs is essential. You will receive full training in sales, marketing, administration and operational procedures, learning everything you need to run your own dog boarding business.
“I am grateful for the opportunity Wagging Tails has provided and I greatly appreciate the support I have had, and will continue to have, from Head Office as I grow my business. It is always a challenge and a risk to totally change the direction of your career, especially when at its peak, but receiving support and knowledge from Franchisors like Lisa and Jim makes it a far easier and safer decision.”
Alexis Bennett, Wagging Tails Gloucestershire Franchisee and Former Head Teacher
5 days of industry leading training, a diploma in dog behaviour and dog first aid training!
We provide a comprehensive training programme covering all aspects of the business, enabling you to be up and running in no time.
- 4 Days of Training with Head Office, 1 day in your location and 3 days at Wagging Tails Head Office in the New Forest
- 1 Day with an existing franchisee
- Canine first aid course
- ADTB Dog Behaviour Diploma
- Carer Recruitment
- Customer Services
- Social Media training
- Email marketing training
- Sales and Marketing
- Attending Shows and exhibitions
- Building relationships in your area
- Business Administration
- Using FETCH our custom made booking system
Joining Wagging Tails means ‘support’ and lots of it! It is important to us that each of our franchisees understands the ethos behind the company as well as we do and operates the business with the care and attention to detail that has made us so successful and popular with dog owners.
- Ongoing sales and marketing advice
- Social media campaigns and posts
- Adverts and editorial to support your franchise
- Award winning marketing support for the franchise network*
- Maintenance of your 8 page microsite on the Wagging Tails website
- Regular meetings to review the development of your business
- Our intranet allows shared knowledge across the franchise network
We provide our franchisees with everything they need to run their franchise and create a strong brand presence in their local area. Our pet franchise package is a comprehensive offering and as a Wagging Tails franchisee you will receive your own exclusive postcode territory offering plenty of scope to grow a large and successful business.
Our franchise fee is just £12,995 plus VAT. £1,700 of this is allocated as a launch fund used to promote and establish your business in your local area.
- Wagging Tails BFA approved operations manual
- License to trade under the Wagging Tails brand name
- Five days training split between Head Office in the New Forest, with an existing franchisee and in your own territory
- Canine First Aid course
- ADTB Dog Behaviour Diploma
- Fully integrated booking system and accounts
- Our custom made CMS system, FETCH, to manage your business
- Award winning Marketing Support*, media guidelines and advice
- Dedicated and fully supported Email Marketing System
- Use of Wagging Tails trademarked brand inc. name, logo, website, email, advertising and stationary
- Designated territory 8 page microsite on the Wagging Tails UK website
- Ongoing support from Wagging Tails Head Office to help grow your business
- Branded car decal for your vehicle (no van or special car is required)
- £1,700 Media Launch Fund
- Corporate apparel
- Branded commercial gazebo and blizzard boards for use at shows
- Dog encyclopaedia
- Existing brand awareness and network buying power to assist branding
- Existing connections with nationally recognised dog brands
- Established partnership with national charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
Wagging Tails as your future career
We are not looking to award their franchises to just anybody. We are looking for dog lovers with the same empathy and enthusiasm that we have for dogs and their welfare. Your communication skills, experience with dogs and motivation for wanting to start your own Dog Boarding Business are paramount to the success of the business.
We are keen to hear from like-minded dog owners who feel they can join their team providing the very best in terms of dog care available in the UK.
“As someone who had no experience of running a business prior to taking on the franchise of Wagging Tails in this area 4 years ago, I hope this will inspire other people to get out there and give it a go, you never know what you might achieve until you try!”
Hilary Coates, Wagging Tails Wiltshire Franchisee
- Wagging Tails Franchise
- Wagging Tails are looking for dog loving individuals interested in running their own home dog boarding company offering owners an alternative to kennels.
- Change your Career in 2018
- Change your Career in 2018 and be proud of your work! Start your own pet care business working as part of an award winning, proven franchise network and work from home with your dog by your side.
- Meet our Franchisees: Hilary Coates talks Wagging Tails
- Wagging Tails Wiltshire franchisee talks about her experience of being a part of the franchise network and the impact that it has had on her life.
- Meet our Franchisees: Alexis Bennett talks Wagging Tails
- Wagging Tails Gloucestershire franchisee talks about her experience of being a part of the franchise network and the impact that it has had on her life.
- Women in Business: Wagging Tails franchisee Sue Day
- Wagging Tails franchisee Sue Day talks about the benefits of working from home running her own pet care franchise.
- Women in Business: Wagging Tails franchisee Roz Bourne
- Wagging Tails franchisee Roz Bourne talks about the benefits of working from home running her own pet care franchise.
- Wagging Tails Podcast
- 12 April 2013
- Record January sees Wagging Tails start 2018 with a bang!
- 02 February 2018
- Dog boarding franchise Wagging Tails has started 2018 with a bang. The network took over £100,000 worth of dog holiday bookings during January 2018, an increase of over 20% year on year. Following a record breaking 2017 during which Wagging Tails took over £500,000 worth of bookings (an increase o...
- Happy franchisees lead to Best Franchise Awards final
- 07 November 2017
- Wagging Tails are finalists at the 2017 Best Franchise Awards, sponsored by Lloyds Bank, following a glowing report from franchisees in this year’s Franchisee Satisfaction Benchmark survey. These awards are unique in that they are based on feedback from thousands of actual franchisees. The survey ...
- Wagging Tails franchisees inspired by Paralympic Gold Medalist
- 03 October 2017
- Wagging Tails franchisees were treated to an inspiring day led by Paralympic Gold Medalist Helene Raynesford, at the 2017 Wagging Tails Franchise Conference. Helene, who became the first ever Paralympic rowing champion in Beijing in 2008, delivered a powerful and moving talk about her journey to t...
- Franchisee charity rescue day raises £5,000 for Hearing Dogs
- 15 September 2017
- A spectacular charity rescue day organised by Wagging Tails franchisees Hilary Coates (Wiltshire) and Alexis Bennett (Gloucestershire) has raised over £5,300.00 for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. “Take the Plunge II” took place at South Cerney Lake in Gloucestershire on Saturday 9th September and w...
- Wagging Tails continues growth in 2017 as three new franchisees join the network
- 07 July 2017
- Wagging Tails has continued its impressive growth as results to the end of their third quarter (September 2016 – May 2017) showed network bookings up by over 20% year on year with what is typically the company’s busiest period across the summer still to come. In 2017 Wagging Tails have added three...
- Former teaching assistant Sue Day celebrates her first anniversary as a franchisee
- 31 July 2015
- Former Teaching Assistant Sue Day is celebrating the first anniversary of running the Wagging Tails Surrey and West Sussex franchise. Over the last 12 months Sue has seen her business go from strength to strength as over 200 dogs have used the service. Talking about her experience running the bu...
- Wagging Tails launches three new franchises
- 11 June 2015
- Dog boarding franchise Wagging Tails has successfully launched three new franchises in the last two months.Lesley Birch launched the Tonbridge branch in April while Simon Eccles and Kevin Wright both launched their franchises in the home counties covering Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire respective...
- Hilary Coates wins New Woman Franchisee of the Year at the 2015 EWIF Awards
- Wagging Tails' Hilary Coates was named Making Money New Woman Franchisee of the Year at the 2015 EWIF Awards after seeing off stiff competition from McDonald's Jane Blackwell and Caroline O'Brian of Rosemary Bookkeeping. Richard Davies of Category Sponsor, Making Money magazine, had this to say of H...
- Franchisee Hilary Coates a Finalist at the 2015 EWIF Awards
- 01 May 2015
- Wagging Tails franchisee Hilary Coates has been announced as a finalist for New Franchisee of the Year at the 2015 EWIF (Encouraging Women in to Franchising) Awards. Hilary, Wagging Tails Swindon franchisee, is one of three finalists for the Award and is up against franchisees from McDonalds and Ros...
- Dog Boarding company raises nearly £2,000 for Hearing Dogs Charity
- Dog boarding franchise Wagging Tails raised nearly £2,000 for the charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People in 2014. Nearly 10 million people in the UK experience some degree of hearing loss. Hearing Dogs for Deaf People aim is to offer greater independence, confidence and companionship to as many of t...
- Wagging Tails Conference 2014
- 17 November 2014
- Wagging Tails recently held their 2014 Annual Conference in the New Forest. In addition to providing franchisees with an overview of another successful year which saw the franchise network grow 71% year on year, Wagging Tails welcomed Charity partners Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and franchise mar...
- Wagging Tails franchisee in running for National Pet Care Award
- 12 September 2014
- Wagging Tails Swindon franchisee, Hilary Coates, has made it to the final of a National Pet Award. Hilary fought off tough competition to be named one of just five finalists for the prestigious Pet Industry Federation Award for best Pet Service Business of the Year. As if this wasn’t a huge achie...
- Gary Spencer-Todd named as a finalist in the 2014 Mum and Working Awards
- 17 July 2014
- Wagging Tails North London franchisee Gary Spencer-Todd has been named as a finalist in the Most Inspiring Business Parent category at the 2014 Mum and Working Awards. Judged by a VIP Expert Panel that includes Laura Tenison MBE (founder and MD of JoJo Maman Bébé) the awards are open to both mo...
- Pet care franchise wins big at 2014 EWIF Awards
- 30 May 2014
- Wagging Tails proved to be the big winners at the 2014 NatWest EWIF (Encouraging Women into Franchising) Awards. Having been shortlisted in three categories Wagging Tails picked up two awards as owner Lisa Suswain took the prize for Woman Franchisor of the Year and Clair Slingo, owner of Wagging ...
- Wagging Tails in the running for three EWIF Awards!
- 14 April 2014
- There was lots of excitement and much tail wagging when EWIF announced the finalists of their 2014 award categories. After last year’s success, which saw Wagging Tails franchisee Teresa Bowers scooping the award for Franchisee of the Year, Wagging Tails had entered three categories this year an...
- Dog Boarding Company to support Hearing Dogs for Deaf People in 2014
- 17 January 2014
- Throughout 2014 dog boarding company Wagging Tails will be supporting Hearing Dogs for Deaf People with the aim of raising valuable funds and awareness for the charity. Nearly 10 million people in the UK experience some degree of hearing loss. Hearing Dogs for Deaf People aim is to offer greate...
- Dog owners donate over £850 to Hounds for Heroes
- UK dog owners donated over £850 to the charity Hounds for Heroes as a result of the fundraising efforts of dog boarding company Wagging Tails. Throughout 2013 Wagging Tails ran a number of fundraising initiatives aimed at raising both awareness and funds for the charity. Mascot "Bernie" (pictur...
- Dogs & Dragons: Theo Paphitis meets Wagging Tails
- Wagging Tails franchisor Lisa Suswain recently met up with Theo Paphitis after winning the #SBS small business initiative set up by the former star of TV show Dragon’s Den. Small Business Sunday (shortened to #SBS) takes place each Sunday between 5pm and 7:30pm with business owners asked to des...
- Dog care company wins national business award!
- Teresa Bowers has won the award for Woman Franchisee of the Year at the Fourth Annual EWIF (Encouraging Women into Franchising) Awards, sponsored by NatWest. Teresa, who runs the Oxford and Reading franchises of dog boarding company Wagging Tails, received her award at a ceremony attended by ov...