Barking Mad - Pet Care Franchise
Run your own successful dog home boarding business organising 'dog holidays' in select host family homes.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £13,900
- Total Investment: £15,400
- Minimum Investment: £6,000
- Available areas
- Key locations still available throughout the UK.
Live the dog lover’s dream and be your own boss, running a multi award-winning pet care franchise, starting from £15,400*
If you’ve always dismissed dog sitting as being a lower paid occupation, take a look at the self-employed Barking Mad franchise opportunity. Our 80+ franchise owners love what they do and reap the benefits of a successful, flexible, family-friendly career.
Pet Care Pioneers Since 2000
Established in 2000, Barking Mad is the UK’s most trusted dog sitting service, as independently verified by TrustPilot. Bespoke dog holidays are provided through a franchise network of dedicated, local professionals. Franchisees coordinate dog holidays and recruit a community of carefully chosen, dog-loving host families, who care for pets whilst their owners are away.
Join Our Pack
Would you jump at the chance to ditch your current routine and enjoy spending every day in the company of adorable dogs and fellow dog lovers? John and Elaine Warburton, recent winners of the British Franchise Association Lifestyle Award, describe buying a Barking Mad franchise as, ‘the best decision we have ever made’. Self-confessed, ex ‘wage slave commuter’ John explains:
“As animal lovers, the concept of home-from-home dog boarding held huge appeal. The Barking Mad franchise system’s tried, tested and proven operating procedures were a major factor in our decision, along with the training, support and potential for growth to an impressive six figure turnover.”
Barking Mad is expanding across the UK and needs new, motivated business owners to meet demand. Could this be you?
Tail Wagging Comprehensive Business and Customer Support
Barking Mad’s team of experts are specialists in all areas of the business, so you don’t have to be! From dog behaviour and accounts advice, to social media and online marketing support, help is on hand. Franchisees are guided every step of the way with one to one business planning and expert training guides.
When you buy a Barking Mad franchise, you will also benefit from an experienced team of customer contact centre advisors, providing a friendly and professional voice to answer every call your business receives. Appointment booking and customer conversion are their specialities!
Award Woofing Systems
Barking Mad invest in the latest systems to stay ahead of the pack! As a full member of the British Franchise Association (Bfa) since 2002, our team has been recognised with multiple awards and nominations from organisations such as the Bfa & HSBC, Amazon Business, Pet Industry Federation (PIF), Encouraging Women In Franchising (Ewif), WorkBuzz Best Franchise Awards and many more.
Loyal Repeat Business and Referrals in a Massive Growth Industry
We’re a nation of pet lovers and with the value of the UK pet market set to hit £7bn by 2021, demand for dog holidays is predicted to increase. Our customers and hosts love Barking Mad (just read any of our reviews) using us year after year and recommending us every day to friends and family. Our customers want the very best for their pets and no matter what the economic climate, they won’t compromise on dog care.
Top Dog Brand Leader As Seen On TV
A strong British brand and extensive expert resources mean we have a tried and tested recipe for your success. Barking Mad has a strong brand presence both online and offline, with a TV advert, as well as being featured by the national media including the BBC, ITN, Daily Mail, Metro, Evening Standard and many more.
Part of Franchise Brands plc Group
Franchise Brands plc is an international multi-brand franchisor with a combined network of over 450 franchisees in 12 countries, but predominantly in the UK. The Group’s current principal brands are Barking Mad, Metro Rod, ChipsAway and Ovenclean. Franchise Brands’ vision is to create a group of market-leading franchise businesses that benefit from sharing the same support services, with huge commitment to investment and innovation.
Fully Insured, Licensed & ISO9001 Canine Compliant
Barking Mad has been fully insured and worked with all relevant UK Local Authorities and Councils since 2000. The Barking Mad system is the only dog care franchise to achieve ISO 9001 certification, the world’s most recognised quality management standard. This allows consistently high implementation of a robust quality system and for us to be fully compliant with all laws.
Take control of YOUR future with a Barking Mad franchise...
- Realistic start-up costs allow you to benefit from our strong, British brand name
- Industry leading systems and support – ISO 9001 accredited
- Benefit from the security of being part of the larger Franchise Brands plc Group and their wealth of experience
- Professional training in all areas of the business
- Your own website pages and social media set-up
- TrustPilot No.1 status with thousands of 5* reviews
- Online marketing (SEO, PR, PPC, Google + more) set-up and support
- Benefit from working with a leading, global media agency to support online success
- Established and supportive franchise network since 2002
- Exclusive territory
- Guidance through licensing processes
- Corporate clothing and equipment
- Comprehensive branded marketing materials
- Enjoy the flexibility of being your own boss and working from home
Territories are strictly exclusive and available on a first come first served basis, so why not get in touch today? We’d love to chat to you about taking the first steps to becoming a dog care entrepreneur.
*OTHER SET UP COSTS (payable direct to approved suppliers) - vehicle Livery £410, annual business insurance premiums (p.a. payable by monthly instalments) £350. *V.A.T. is applicable to the above costs.
- Hobbes Barking Mad TV Advert Host Version
- Love Dogs? Why not host for the UK's favourite dog sitting company Barking Mad? Watch gorgeous cockerpoo Hobbes have a wonderful dog holiday with his loving dog care host in the Barking Mad TV advert.
- British Franchise Association Lifestyle Winners
- Listen to our award winning franchisees, John and Elaine Warburton, talk about their Barking Mad journey and the benefits of running your own dog sitting franchise. They really are living the dog lover's dream!
- Practising Mindfulness for Dogs is Pawfect for Pet Parents
- 03 March 2020
- The benefits of practising mindfulness have been well documented for humans but today’s pet parents believe that it could also have a positive effect on their pooches. With the 2020 Petcare Innovation Summit advocating that, ‘the humanisation trend and changing consumer behaviours’ are, ‘ forcing...
- Barking Mad Franchise celebrates 20 years of overcoming doglessness and social isolation
- 06 January 2020
- The Barking Mad Dog Care franchise, founded in 2000 to provide home from home dog care instead of kennelling, is celebrating 20 years of enabling people to experience health and well-being benefits by offering an alternative to dog ownership. Jennifer Davies, from Colchester, has been a ‘host’ do...
- Barking Mad Ranked Top Pet Sector Franchise as Elite Franchise announces Top 100 Winners
- 16 December 2019
- Barking Mad Dog Care has been ranked as the top pet sector franchise in Elite Franchise’s top 100 league table, as well as ranking as number 34 overall in the UK! The Elite Franchise Top 100 celebrates superlative businesses which are deserving of recognition, with an expert judging panel ranking ...
- Assistance Dog Named after Prince Harry Transforms Life of Namesake, aged 6
- 04 December 2019
- Newly qualified assistance dog Prince, sponsored and named by Barking Mad Dog Care, has been officially matched by inspirational charity Dogs for Good to a six-year-old boy with autism, who in a twist of fate is called Harry. Prince was born on 16th February 2018, with his name chosen in celebrat...
- Barking Mad Dog Care goes International with 1st Irish Franchise
- 03 October 2019
- Changing the face of dog care in Ireland, Barking Mad’s first international franchise has launched in the Galway and Limerick area, proving there is clear demand for the leading dog sitting franchise’s premium alternative to kennels. On deciding to launch the first Irish Barking Mad franchise, Je...
- Barking Mad Husband and Wife Team Declared Top Dogs at Major Franchising Awards
- 28 June 2019
- John and Elaine Warburton, Barking Mad franchise business owners from Fife, were announced as “Franchisee of the Year” winners of the Lifestyle category at last night’s glittering bfa HSBC Franchise Awards ceremony. The highly coveted awards are the franchising industry’s most important form of reco...
- Barking Mad announces the appointment of Richard Dancy and Rachel Stewart as new joint Managing Directors
- 20 May 2019
- Founding entrepreneur Lee Dancy makes way for a new Barking Mad breed. Barking Mad, the UK’s most trusted dog sitting service, has announced the appointment of two new joint Managing Directors to take over the reins from founder, Lee Dancy. Richard Dancy, (Lee’s husband) who has worked with Bar...
- Prince Harry Namesake Marries Meghan in Barking Mad Wedding
- 17 May 2018
- A gentle giant Newfoundland dog, officially named after Prince Harry by his royalist owners, has married his very own Meghan in a special doggy wedding ceremony, after a search by leading UK dog sitting network, Barking Mad Dog Care. The wedding ceremony took place in Leslie, Fife, with a special ...
- Puppy Prince to Give the Gift of Independence
- 10 May 2018
- Meet Prince, the yellow Labrador puppy who is going to be a life changer! Dog sitters, Barking Mad Dog Care are delighted to announce that after a successful fundraising campaign, their UK dog holiday network has sponsored a Dogs for Good puppy in training. The money raised through Barking Mad’s f...
- Barking Mad Dog Sitting Professionals Celebrate 15th Annual Conference
- 27 April 2018
- Barking Mad Dog Care named their 2018 Franchisee of the Year at their 15th National Conference last weekend. The franchised service, which provides bespoke holidays for dogs whilst their owners are away, celebrated at the Low Wood Bay Resort in the Lake District focusing on the people who make t...
- 2018 BFA HSBC Franchisor Finalists Have Been Revealed!
- 05 March 2018
- Barking Mad, the UK’s leading pet care franchise, (part of the Franchise Brands plc group) is in esteemed company having been short-listed for the British Franchise Association’s prestigious HSBC Franchisor of the Year awards, in the brand awareness category, alongside Riverford Organic Farmers and ...
- Pet Industry Awards Recognition for Barking Mad Melissa
- 27 November 2017
- Barking Mad Dog Care’s Franchisee of the Year, Melissa Sincock, has been shortlisted as a finalist in the pet services’ category of the Pet Industry Federation‘s Pet Industry Awards! Melissa’s 5* dog sitting business, Barking Mad Middlesex, offers dog holidays with excellence in customer service a...
- Barking Mad Dog Care Win ‘Dog Friendly’ Best Dog Sitters Award
- 14 November 2017
- Everyone at Barking Mad Dog Care is celebrating this week after being awarded the title of 'Best Sitter' by public vote, in the Dog Friendly Awards 2017! The Dog friendly Awards, held in association with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, are described as: "The public's opportunity to recognise and reward pet...
- Barking Mad hit top dog spot with 3000+ reviews
- 28 September 2017
- Barking Mad Dog Care the leading UK pet care franchise brand based in Cumbria, are celebrating after becoming ranked top of hundreds of pet companies nationwide having received over 3000 fantastic customer reviews in the last 12 months. The testimonials are verified by Trustpilot, one of the world...
- It’s a Dog’s Life for Our New Barking Mad Business Owners
- 10 August 2017
- At Barking Mad, we love working with our franchise network of amazing local business owners! Our dog sitting entrepreneurs come from a wide range of professional backgrounds but share an all consuming love of dogs. Their working days are spent bringing happy holidays to dogs and dog owners alike, ...
- Dog Sitting Industry TV First for Barking Mad
- 10 August 2017
- Barking Mad launch #celebritydogHobbes TV advert. Television fame has been announced by Barking Mad, the UK’s leading dog sitting company, in a dog care industry first! Throughout the country, dog loving followers of the canine holiday specialists have been intrigued by the appearance of the myste...
- Barking Mad Recognises and Supports Dog Sitting Achievement
- 10 August 2017
- At Barking Mad Dog Care we believe in supporting and encouraging our local franchise business owners every step of the way. Our annual conference, held at the stunningly located Lakeside Hotel, on the shores of Lake Windermere, gives us the opportunity to come together, recognising and celebrating...
- Barking Mad Dog Care achieve ISO 9001 certification
- 11 July 2017
- Quality Recognition for UK’s Leading Dog Sitters Barking Mad Dog Care has achieved ISO 9001 certification, in a first for the dog sitting industry! This is a huge achievement which demonstrates the effectiveness of our quality management system and our capability of satisfying the rigors of an ext...
- Barking Mad announce Franchisee of the Year 2013
- 24 April 2013
- Chris & Alex Cowe, Barking Mad Perthshire and Clackmannanshire We have named the Barking Mad 2013 Franchisee of the Year at our 10th annual national conference as Chris and Alex Cowe from Kinross Managing Director Lee Dancy, who founded our company in 2000, said: ‘We were thrilled to pr...
- Barking Mad Pet Care Professionals Celebrate 10th Successful Annual Conference.
- 24 April 2013
- Managing Director Lee Dancy (front left) celebrated last weekend with the help of her family, national network and support team based at their head office in Barbon, Cumbria. Barking Mad Pet Care Professionals who own the franchise system that provides dogs and their owners with an alterna...
- Barking Mad British Franchise Association Award 2013 Finalists
- 24 April 2013
- BARKING MAD REVEALED AS FINALISTS FOR PRESTIGIOUS FRANCHISING AWARDS The British Franchise Association (bfa) has announced the finalists for the 2013 bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year Awards, supported by Express Newspapers. The Awards, now in their 24th year, showcase the UK ’s most exceptio...
- FREE Night's Stay with Barking Mad Dog Holidays
- 24 April 2013
- We know everyone needs to get away every now and then, so we thought it was about time dogs had a holiday too! The UK’s leading ‘home from home’ pet care service offer a unique alternative to house sitting and kennels. The concept is centred on accommodating dogs in a caring environment ens...