Bluebird Care - Care Services Franchise
Join the UK’s largest Home Care franchise and benefit from our personally and financially rewarding business model.
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £37,500
- Liquid Capital: £35,000
- Total Investment: £115,000
- Available areas
- UK – Nationwide
Bluebird Care started as a small family business in 2004 and through franchising since 2006, are proud to be the largest private homecare provider in the UK, having grown from one business to over 200, delivering over 900,000 hours of care every month.
The story of Bluebird Cares success is a testimony to the high-quality home care and support services that franchisees provide to each of their customers every day. Bluebird care attribute this to their robust business model and the comprehensive support provided to each new franchise business.
The Franchise Support Centre has been ranked 16th on the prestigious Elite Franchise Top 100 for 2020.
Elite Franchise is the definitive publication for the franchising sector, and each year, they produce a list of the top 100 UK franchises. The core criteria used to determine the rank of a franchise include: longevity, financial performance, network size, contribution to the industry and communities, support, innovation and future plans.
The brand has also been shortlisted in two categories as part of the prestigious Home Care Awards 2020: Innovative Technology Expertise and Team Support Expertise.
The Home Care Awards are the benchmark for business and service excellence in the UK home care sector. They praise care providers that are making a difference by looking to raise industry standards.
Whilst there is a demographic trend towards an ageing population and people living longer, often homecare providers solely focus on the elder care market, therefore limiting the potential to provide additional critical services. Bluebird Care’s model is broad and scalable – providing high quality home care services to multiple market segments – making the opportunity an exciting investment choice.
Bluebird Care is inclusive in its capability to provide high quality home care services across numerous market segments. These include providing support to people with learning disabilities, delivering respite services for children and their family carers, supporting NHS Discharge Teams with the transition of their patients from hospital to home and assisting with the delivery of complex care.
Providing that all costs are managed effectively, Franchisees are expected to break even within 8 months of operation and achieve operating profits of between 15% - 20%.
The role of Franchise owner
Initial franchisee training provides the detail, knowledge and assurance to set up and run a Bluebird care business, as well as give an understanding to the Care sector in which you will operate.
Franchisees begin their journey spending time at the Franchise support Centre with the support team, this is coupled with visits to an existing Bluebird Care business, gaining insight from a mentor franchisee.
Following training, Bluebird Care Franchise owners manage and develop their businesses ensuring that a caring and experienced team are recruited and highly trained, to deliver the highest standards of home care and support to their customers.
Each region has its own dedicated Business Development Manager, Marketing Manager and Quality Manager, as well as the network’s Franchise Support Centre. The Staff Guide App, created by Bluebird Care, also acts as a manual for franchises, offering in-app training and guidance. In addition to this, new franchisees will also have access to prescriptive coaching from a dedicated on-boarding manager over the course of their first 2 years.
“As a branch manager, I was very successful, However, I was not getting the job satisfaction I longed for. I wanted to be my own boss and build my own business, instead of helping other people build theirs. I carried out many weeks of research into the care industry and from my research on Bluebird Care, they ticked all the boxes for me. It was a Brand I wanted to be part of, and I was confident to change direction and become a franchise owner. I love this business, it gives me the freedom to work the hours that suit my family life, although I am reluctant to stay away, as the excitement of continuing to grow successfully is a big draw”
Julie McLellan – Bluebird Care North Tyneside
Why Bluebird Care?
Supporting franchisees in starting and developing their businesses is a cornerstone of Bluebird Care’s success. Their franchise support team has over 300 years’ of experience in the health and social care sector providing you with access to a team with unparalleled expertise throughout your franchise journey from financial planning, business systems, IT, marketing and PR to field-based business development and quality assurance support.
Bluebird Care offer franchisees a comprehensive business package which includes:
- Support with Business planning
- Access to our proven business model and operational procedures
- Computer and software package
- Training and guidance app
- A dedicated Quality Manager
- A dedicated Marketing Manager
- A dedicated On-Boarding Manager
- Comprehensive support with regulatory registration
- Local website
A Franchisee starter pack including:
- Marketing materials
- Staff uniforms
Your InvestmentThe price of the franchise package is £37,500 + VAT
- BFA The Future Is Franchising - Bluebird Care
- 08 April 2019
- Bluebird Care's video working with ITN Productions shows how franchising is helping to meet the demand from the home care sector.
- Bluebird Care Ranked 16th on Prestigious Elite Franchise Top 100 for 2020
- 29 January 2020
- Bluebird Care, the UK’s largest homecare provider, has ranked 16th on the prestigious Elite Franchise Top 100 for 2020. Elite Franchise is the definitive publication for the franchising sector, and each year, they produce a list of the top 100 UK franchises. The core criteria used to determine the...
- Bluebird Care’s Franchise Support Centre shortlisted at Home Care Awards 2020
- 29 January 2020
- Bluebird Care’s Franchise Support Centre has been shortlisted in two categories as part of the prestigious Home Care Awards 2020: Innovative Technology Expertise and Team Support Expertise. The Home Care Awards are the benchmark for business and service excellence in the UK home care sector. Th...
- Bluebird Care Wins Award for ‘Most Outstanding Home Care Provider in 2019’ at the UK Over 50s Housing Awards
- 29 January 2020
- Bluebird Care, the UK’s largest home care provider with over 200 Franchises, has won the prestigious UK Over 50 Housing Award for ‘Most Outstanding Home Care Provider in 2019’. The UK Over 50 Housing Awards aim to reward those who enhance the overall customer experience and enjoyment using innovat...
- Bluebird Care appoints new directors to franchise support centre
- 08 April 2019
- National home care provider Bluebird Care has announced the appointment of two new additions to its franchise support centre team. Hannah Banfield, has joined the company as marketing director and Vicky Brown has been appointed franchise recruitment manager. Banfield has nearly 20 years of marke...
- Bluebird Care names new chief operating officer
- 01 May 2015
- Duncan Berry to oversee UK operations, with particular focus on growth, distribution and brand awareness. Bluebird Care, with over 200 offices across the UK and part of the $900m Caring Brands International global family of homecare brands, is one of the leading providers of homecare and support, ...
- Company Profile: Bluebird Care
- 11 September 2014
- Bluebird Care is one of the fastest-growing homecare companies in the country, with almost 200 offices around the UK delivering 20,000 customer visits every day. Offering the highest quality service to customers is their raison d’être. At the heart of the operation is Bluebird Care’s Director o...
- Bluebird Care’s Continued Success…
- 15 November 2013
- Bluebird Care, the largest care franchisor in the UK and Republic of Ireland with over 180 franchised offices, continues to lead the way in the sector. Franchise Owners increasingly reap the benefits of the proven Bluebird Care business systems and are achieving record results, with a number of...
- Bluebird Care and Interim Healthcare Inc. join forces
- 01 October 2013
- Bluebird Care, the largest UK care at home franchisor with 180 offices in the UK and Republic of Ireland, are delighted to announce they are now part of the Interim Healthcare Inc. Group which is based in Florida USA. Interim Healthcare Inc. who have purchased both the franchise business and the t...
- Bupa Home Healthcare partners with Bluebird Care
- 25 September 2012
- New integrated offer that combines nursing and personal care available to commissionersBupa Home Healthcare is today announcing it has formed a new UK-wide partnership with domiciliary care provider Bluebird Care in response to demand from commissioners for integrated packages of care and suppor...
- Care Franchise Teams Up With Lloyds TSB
- 31 May 2011
- Bluebird Care teams up with Lloyds TSB Commercial at Scottish Franchise Week to provide the essential guide to running a successful care franchise business. Two of the biggest names in nationwide franchising - Bluebird Care, the UK’s fastest growing care at home franchise company and Lloyds T...
- Winter Checklists From Care Services Franchise
- 05 January 2011
- The UK’s leading care-at-home provider Bluebird Care has issued a simple checklist to help its customers gear up for wintry conditions in the New Year. As forecasters predicted a white Christmas was “almost a certainty” in some parts of the country, the Home Care Services Franchi...
- Sai Visakan - Bluebird Care Hounslow
- With a head for business and a heart for care, Sai Visakan is taking homecare in Hounslow to new heights. Sai Visakan is passionate about his Bluebird Care business in Hounslow. ‘It’s everything that I wanted it to be and more’ He said. ‘I previously worked in the IT sector and also as a Busin...
- Julie McLellan - Bluebird Care North Tyneside
- Since opening her North Tyneside Bluebird Care office six months ago, Julie McLellan’s business has gone from strength to strength. She is almost 200% above her targets and is well on the way to establishing a successful and profitable business providing high quality care at home. Having spent...