Chapati Man - Indian Wraps On-The-Go Franchise
We are proud to offer a fantastic franchise opportunity that brings our award winning spicy Indian wraps to the UK, Europe and worldwide.
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Total Investment: from £66,000
- Available areas
- UK (including London), Europe and worldwide
Our mobile food franchise starts with a simple concept – Indian wraps on-the-go!
We are proud to offer a fantastic franchise opportunity that brings our award winning spicy Indian wraps to the rest of the UK (including London), Europe and worldwide. To find out more about this exciting opportunity and how this could be the start of your very own Chapati Man business, click here.
Chapati Man have recently pulled off a major deals in selling the Master Franchise rights for Sri Lanka, London and New York.
The Chapati Man Story
Chapati Man was created by husband and wife team, Chris and Andrea Rai, in 2007. The idea came from Chris taking leftover curry in a wrap to work, which soon evolved into the Chapati Man concept. We started our journey by selling Spicy Indian Wraps at major music festivals and events in the UK. We are now a fixture at festivals and events such as Glastonbury, Bestival, Camp Bestival and The British Grand Prix.
Chapati Man was voted No.1 food caterer at Glastonbury Festival 2007 (achieved in our first year of trading). More recently, we were voted in the top three ‘Essential Eats of Glastonbury 2017’ (out of 300 on-site traders!). Chapati Man’s chicken saag wrap, with fresh mint chutney and a cachumber salad, also won the National category at the British Sandwich Designer of the Year Finals 2011.
We made our retail debut with a national supply deal with Morrisons (successfully trading within the supermarket for over 2 years), and we followed this up in 2013 by launching our Indian snack range in Waitrose.
Over the past four years, Chapati Man have brought our spicy Indian wraps to London’s premier pitches of Broadgate Circle, Paddington Central, Chiswick Park, White City Place and Finsbury Avenue Square, serving lunch to city workers across London on a weekly basis.
Our vision was always to change the way we eat Indian food in the UK from a sit-down meal to tasty, hot and easy-to-handle fresh food on the go or at your desk and we feel that Chapati Man has achieved this.
After eleven consistently successful years, we now see a natural transition from a single trailer to a ‘herd’ of franchised Chapati Man trucks and Chapati Man fixed kiosks and shops.
Having extended our fan base from all the major UK music festivals to the London street food scene and into the chiller shelves of major multiples such as Morrisons and Waitrose, we feel its the right time to bring our freshly prepared ‘festival-style’ wraps to the rest of the UK (including London), Europe and worldwide.
If you’ve got good management skills, good people skills, a good eye for detail and a hint of creativity, then let’s talk. Simply click here and we’ll take it from there and get in touch to discuss how we can progress.
Why Chapati Man?
- Our quality wrap range – Our range of wraps are all about quality ingredients and an authentic Indian taste. We have a small but targeted menu of well-tested favourite fillings, which means great taste every time.
- Brand exposure – customer footfall at festivals and events over the past 11 years is over 5 million – these people have seen Chapati Man – our brand is out there.
- Our reputation has grown considerably over the past 11 years as an outstanding event caterer. Over this time the Chapati Man product and brand has caught the imagination of the consumer and has become increasingly popular with a growing customer base.
- Our locations – Our mobile food trailer allows us to operate in different profitable, high-profile locations which means we optimise convenience for the customer, rather than the other way around.
- Our great service – We love serving our customers and we can say with some certainty that they love our great food and service because they come back for more on a regular basis.
- The Chapati Man brand resonates with a broad spectrum of consumers but especially young adults who tend to be driven by convenience and strong branding – a perfect fit for the food-to-go consumer.
- You will get a new, branded and fully equipped Chapati Man food truck, along with all the necessary equipment needed to commence trading.
Chapati Man Franchise Model
The Chapati Man franchise starts with a simple concept – great wraps. Sold hot from our fully-liveried trucks, the fillings are pre-prepared. This means you can concentrate on serving our great wrap range, adding salad and sauces to suit each customer's taste and offering drinks, while making sure they get the best possible Chapati Man experience. We’ve worked hard to make sure our business is as easy to manage as possible and to be both successful and profitable.
Your First 12 Months as a Chapati Man Franchisee
We know from experience that the first year of any business can be the hardest of all and that is why we offer a comprehensive franchise support package and will assist you very step of the way.
The Chapati Man franchise start-up package includes everything you need to make your business a success including the following:
- Rights to use the Chapati Man brand name and trademarks
- Assistance with producing a business plan and raising finance (if required)
- Full induction training for you and your staff covering all areas of the Chapati Man business
- Advice regarding your franchise territory
- Guidance through your Chapati Man truck purchase
- On-site opening support
- Marketing and promotional launch support
- Branded marketing materials
- Web presence on the Chapati Man company website
- Copy of our comprehensive franchise operations manual
- A five-year franchise agreement with a right to renew at the end of the term
Chapati Man have recently pulled off a major deals in selling the Master Franchise rights for Sri Lanka, London and New York. Chris Rai (the owner and founder of Chapati Man) believes this a ‘huge coup for the Chapati Man brand and concept’, saying “It’s the next logical step to take the brand from a national level to a worldwide audience and is yet another exciting step in the already hugely successful, Chapati Man journey.
For information on availability and pricing, please contact us by completing the form below.
- Chapati Man NYC Franchise Debut Takes Center Stage 25th October 2019!
- 04 October 2019
- Chapati Man, the London based Spicy Indian Wrap festival and event catering business, created by husband and wife team Chris and Andrea Rai in 2007 recently sold the Chapati Man Master Franchise rights for the State of New York. The official launch date for the first Manhattan unit is 25th October 2...
- Chapati Man sells New York Master Franchise! Big Apple BOOM!
- 23 April 2019
- Chapati Man, the Spicy Indian Wrap festival and event catering business, created in London by husband and wife team Chris and Andrea Rai in 2007, has pulled off another major coup in selling the Chapati Man Master Franchise rights for the State of New York. The Chaat is Safe Inc., headed by Tejas ...
- Chapati Man sells London Franchise!
- 08 February 2019
- Chapati Man, the Spicy Indian Wrap festival and event catering business, created in London by husband and wife team Chris and Andrea Rai in 2007, has pulled off a major coup in selling the Chapati Man Franchise rights for London. Chapati Man London Limited, headed by Asum Shah and Fas Hussain have p...
- Chapati Man sells Master Franchise for Sri Lanka!
- 19 November 2018
- Chapati Man, the Spicy Indian Wrap festival and event catering business, created in London by husband and wife team Chris and Andrea Rai in 2007, has pulled off a major deal in selling the Chapati Man Master Franchise rights for Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan consortium, headed by the esteemed former S...
- Chapati Man franchise boom time!
- 29 March 2018
- As a well-established music festival and London street food favourite, Chapati Man are bringing their spicy indian wraps to the rest of the UK. Having converted the muddy welly brigade of Glasto and wooed the white collars of the City of London, Chapati Man is ready to take on other major cities in ...