ChipsAway - Car Paint Repair Franchise
'On-the-spot' automotive paint repair specialists. Scope for becoming a multi-van or multi-unit operation in this vast, growing marketplace.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £29,995 + VAT
- Liquid Capital: £15,000
- Minimum Investment: £15,000
- Available areas
- Franchise opportunities available all over the UK and world-wide.
There’s no better time to become your own boss. With market leaders ChipsAway, you can wave goodbye to working hard for someone else’s gain, control your own diary, and reap your own rewards.
By Choosing ChipsAway you will benefit from:
- A tried and tested business model
- Over £150,000 worth of leads* generated per franchisee per year
- National advertising including extensive TV, social media and digital campaigns
- All the support and training you need to launch your successful business
- An established brand – recognised by 11 times as many customers as the nearest car repair competitor – according to a recent YouGov survey.
The ChipsAway franchise is all of the above and more.
Keep reading to understand how you can create a better lifestyle for you and your family without the uncertainty that often comes with starting a business.
Are you ready for something more?
Imagine if you could leave the frustrations of your current job or business behind and, in a very short space of time, be totally in control of your own life.
You’re not stuck behind a desk – you’re out on the road, meeting people and providing a great service for them.
You’re free to choose how much work you take on, and when you do that work.
And it’s easier for you to make time for the most important people in your life.
Whether you need to fit work around your children or other family members, or you just want a more flexible lifestyle, you can have it all with the ChipsAway franchise.
Who Are ChipsAway?
Established for 25 years, our market-leading car repair franchise makes it simple and straightforward for you to start your own business.
You don’t need any car body repair experience, because you’ll receive four weeks of expert, hands-on car repair training at our bespoke facility – accredited by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) – before you start work.
How much will you need to invest to get started?
Your ChipsAway franchise will cost £29,995 +VAT, but with our various pricing options you’ll only need £15,000 +VAT to get started.
How do you know whether this franchise will work for you?
Everything is set up for you to succeed. Although you’ll be your own boss, you definitely won’t be going it alone.
As well as the practical training, and a course in sales and marketing, you will benefit from national marketing campaigns such as TV, which last year alone generated over £57 million worth of customer enquiries to the ChipsAway network.
And, you get unlimited support from our head office, plus your own mentor – an experienced franchisee – who you can call whenever you need to.
What does success look like?
You choose how far you want to take your business. Some Franchisees are happy to stick to one van and work alone. Others have several vans or have set up a Car Care Centre and taken on staff.
Keith McGowan has been with us since 2001 and has the biggest ChipsAway Car Care Centre in the UK. Turning over more than £1million, he demonstrates what’s possible if you’re prepared to put in the work.
Request a free info pack today to read his full story.
Go behind the scenes with a new ChipsAway franchisee
Andy Hobbs was frustrated in his sales job. He was working every weekend and every Bank Holiday, while his boss didn’t show any appreciation for his hard work.
His children were growing up, and he didn’t want to just work, work, work. He wanted to have a life!
He looked at a few different options, but the numbers didn’t stack up. He could see he’d have to work long hours to make a living – which wasn’t what he wanted. Then he discovered ChipsAway.
“What I like about it is the freedom it gives you. You’re under no pressure at all. You come out to people’s houses and people are generally very nice.”
“It’s a better level of leads than I expected. On my first day I went out and did 5 quotes, booked 4 that day and booked the other one later. Right now I’m booked up with work for the next three weeks.”
“It’s a good lifestyle – I’m thoroughly enjoying it – and it’s a good company to work with. Although you’re on your own day to day, you do feel like you’re part of an important team. And the support you get is absolutely brilliant.”
Just 4 months in, Andy was already earning roughly the same as he did in his previous job – without the hassle of an ungrateful boss. And he was getting more quality time with his kids at weekends.
If you’d like to learn more, request your free info pack below.
*The average franchisee received over 1,000 enquiries via Head Office in 2020, which at our average repair value equates to over £150,000
- Automotive - The Way Forward for Ambitious Women Like Carolyn
- 08 March 2021
- Each year, International Women’s Day is celebrated to champion the things we do as people and as businesses to create a fairer, more equal world for women to live and work in. At ChipsAway, we have welcomed women and men from all walks of life, who each have one thing in common - they want to take c...
- ChipsAway Marks Milestone Month with Random Act of Kindness
- 26 October 2020
- The UK’s most trusted car repair franchise, ChipsAway, has this month reached 20,000 Trustpilot reviews - and has marked the occasion through a random act of kindness. The milestone comes just seven months after ChipsAway hit the 10,000 review mark, highlighting the continued success of the brand...
- ChipsAway celebrates record quarter and pandemic bounce back
- 15 September 2020
- SMART car bodywork repair network ChipsAway has reported its strongest quarter ever, with leads up almost 14 per cent compared to the same time last year. Between June and August, the company distributed over 81,000 leads to its network of 200 franchisees, equating to more than 400 leads per e...
- ChipsAway franchisees celebrate record month
- 18 August 2020
- A comprehensive new marketing strategy following the easing of lockdown restrictions has created a surge in demand for ChipsAway’s services, with the company celebrating a record month for consumer leads generated for the UK-wide network of franchisees. In the month of July, ChipsAway, the UK’...
- ChipsAway Celebrates Renewal of 25-Year Franchisee
- 08 July 2020
- A SMART car body work repair franchisee is celebrating after renewing his franchise following 25 years in the business. Steve Giles was one of ChipsAway’s first franchise partners in the UK, setting up just one year after the brand was established in 1994. Following a quarter of a century in his ...
- Car Care Champions Predict Positive Upturn After Pandemic Milestone
- 09 June 2020
- A father and stepson duo of car repair technicians are celebrating after completing work on their 7,000th vehicle. Robert Ashmore and Jonathan Foster, who run the ChipsAway Car Care Centre in Lincoln, have achieved the milestone just three weeks after emerging from a complete halt on operations, ...
- Random Act of Kindness for ChipsAway’s 10,000th Trustpilot Reviewee!
- 17 March 2020
- To celebrate reaching 10,000 reviews on Trustpilot last week, ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car paintwork repair specialist, has refunded the customer who left the 10,000th review, in a ‘random act of kindness’. It just so happens that the lucky recipient, a customer of Morpeth-based ChipsAway...
- Young Female Apprentice Jump Starts Career in Automotive Industry
- 04 February 2020
- An alternative to a university degree: apprenticeships offer a great balance of both on-the-job learning experience, together with the more formal assessment side, to work towards a desired qualification. Seventeen-year-old, Jessica Peck from ChipsAway Loughborough, completed a Business Administra...
- Revealed: The UK’s most unlucky car colour 2019
- 03 February 2020
- According to the latest data from automotive paintwork repairer, ChipsAway, black cars suffered the most minor damage in 2019, accounting for 20.6% of all repairs completed by their specialists nationwide. This was closely followed by grey and blue. You might be thinking that there are simply m...
- ChipsAway’s Bangers4Ben 2019 entry raises over £1k for Charity
- 16 December 2019
- 1,500 miles, numerous bags of fish and chips crisps, and possibly a few glasses of ‘Vin rouge’ later, the ChipsAway Bangers4Ben rally team returned home safely from the intrepid travels across France. Now the car has been sold at auction, with all proceeds going towards BEN, ChipsAway is delighte...
- ChipsAway Celebrates 25 Year Anniversary at Annual Conference and Awards Dinner
- 06 December 2019
- 240 delegates gathered at the 5* Celtic Manor Resort, for ChipsAway’s Annual Conference and 25th Anniversary Awards Dinner over the weekend. Celebrating 25 years as the UK’s leading minor car body paintwork repair brand. Managing Director of ChipsAway, Tim Harris kicked off the event - addressing ...
- Et Voila! ChipsAway unveil their striking livery for the Bangers4Ben Rally to France!
- 01 October 2019
- With just five days to go until the ChipsAway team embark on their epic adventure across France for the Bangers4Ben rally, they are delighted to be able to unveil the ‘banger’, which they paid just £510 for - £240 under the required maximum budget of £750, as well as it’s striking new livery! The ...
- ChipsAway Continues Outstanding Training Success With IMI Centre Accreditation
- 02 August 2019
- The state of the art ChipsAway Training Centre has been successfully assessed against the IMI Accreditation for approved centre and training standards, yet again! ChipsAway has received accreditation from the leading organisation for automotive learning and development, IMI, for its professional t...
- ChipsAway - rallying to raise money!
- 16 July 2019
- ChipsAway is delighted to announce their entry into the Bangers4Ben charity rally taking place in October to raise funds for automotive charity Ben. ChipsAway specialists Terrance Thant and Steve Perkins (pictured below left to right), who met and hit it off straight away whilst completing their t...
- ChipsAway lead the ADAS way
- 28 May 2019
- ChipsAway are delighted to be able to announce the implementation of a substantial process update to ensure the safety of customers whose cars have any form of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). This follows the recent release from Thatcham, whose research is at the forefront of vehicle safe...
- ChipsAway reveal fresh new creative following a major branding overhaul
- 09 April 2019
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor damage paintwork repair specialist, has this week revealed strong new branding, which is being rolled out across all marketing activity, including a brand new national TV campaign and website. Commenting on the latest developments, Head of Marketing, Ella Pugh say...
- ChipsAway and Womanic empower women to have more confidence when dealing with all things automotive!
- 08 March 2019
- Live online Q&A 12pm-2pm, 8th March 2019 According to the Institute of Motor Industry (IMI), the automotive industry is currently running at a ratio of 10:2 males to females, which is a staggering gender imbalance. This could also be the reason why many women lack confidence when dealing with automo...
- ChipsAway ensure safety of specialists and customers with Electric Vehicle training as standard
- 22 January 2019
- With the substantial rise in new electric vehicle (EV) sales, which only looks set to continue and increase further in coming years, ChipsAway – the UK’s leading minor automotive repair specialist, has taken the bold decision to ensure only specialists who are fully trained, will be able to carry ou...
- ChipsAway wins coveted Franchise Marketing Award for 2018
- 16 October 2018
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist for over 20 years, are thrilled to have won an award at this year’s Franchise Marketing Awards, taking home the trophy for the ‘Best Print Advert’ and celebrating ChipsAway’s continued commitment to supporting the growth of the franchise i...
- Going the extra 1500 miles in support of Bangers4Ben
- 08 October 2018
- Would you be prepared to travel 1500 miles across Europe in a banger worth no more than £750? That is exactly what the InAutomotive team are doing over the course of the next few days as part of the Bangers4Ben initiative – and ChipsAway International is proud to be supporting their efforts. Bange...
- Future-proofing the business and Hollywood Glamour ignites at this year’s ChipsAway Conference and Awards Ceremony
- 27 September 2018
- New industry developments and opportunity, electric and hybrid vehicles and Hollywood glamour were just a few of the themes at this year’s ChipsAway annual conference and awards ceremony held at the 5* Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales. Taking place this past weekend, a contingent of around 200 C...
- ChipsAway employee Callum Green Wins Silver at National Finals!
- 28 March 2018
- Many talented individuals, including Callum Green from ChipsAway North Tyneside, recently competed against each other at the Skill Auto national finals held at the NEC, in categories such as Automotive Technology, Refinishing, Body Repair and Heavy Vehicle Engineering! Callum performed brilliantly...
- ChipsAway Encourage Women's Confidence at Car Bodyshops
- 08 March 2018
- With recent research reporting that almost a third of females feel they have been ripped off for servicing and repair work done to their car, purely because they are female, nationwide car paintwork repair company ChipsAway, want to encourage an important change within the industry, and help females...
- ChipsAway celebrates at annual conference and awards dinner
- 13 October 2017
- Over 200 delegates congregated at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for ChipsAway’s annual conference and awards dinner over the weekend, celebrating 23 years as the UK’s leading minor car body paintwork repair brand. ChipsAway CEO, Tim Harris, kicked off the event - addressing the crowd and highlight...
- ChipsAway Launches New Website
- 30 May 2017
- After lots of hard work and anticipation, ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialists, are thrilled to announce the launch of their brand-new responsive and fully optimised website. The new website features a slick new bespoke design to bring the brand into 2017 with a fresh, mod...
- ChipsAway Celebrates Its Ninth Year of TV Advertising
- 28 April 2017
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, are celebrating the launch of their consumer TV campaign for 2017 this month, marking the 9th anniversary of TV advertising for the SMART repairs brand. ChipsAway’s national TV campaign has grown more and more successful each year since...
- ChipsAway Achieve a Coveted 5* Rating on TrustPilot
- 14 March 2017
- ChipsAway, the originators of minor car paint repair technology, have recently achieved a prestigious 5* rating from online consumer review company TrustPilot, with an average review score of 9.0 from over 650 reviews! “Exceptional customer service and high quality standards are at the heart of al...
- Getting Paid for Your Passion
- 27 February 2017
- ChipsAway Car Repairers Show Off Their Favourite Jobs ChipsAway is the UK's leading network of minor car body repair specialists. Many of their franchisees join the network because they are already so passionate about cars, and see the franchise as a great opportunity to turn their career into the...
- Choose ChipsAway To Avoid Higher Insurance Premiums
- 13 December 2016
- Insurance companies have once again come in for criticism from consumer groups, after it was revealed they penalise motorists for accidents or minor damage – even when it’s not their fault. Campaign group Which conducted a survey which found the majority of participants did not understand the insu...
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director
- 25 July 2016
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director Franchise Brands Ltd, the international multi-brand franchisor for ChipsAway, Ovenclean and MyHome, announces the appointment of Andrew Mallows as Finance Director. Andrew previously held a number of key roles at Domino’s Pizza fro...
- Record consumer leads for ChipsAway – May 2016
- 14 June 2016
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, saw record levels of demand for their service in May, with circa 25,000 consumer leads going out to the network! That’s a staggering increase of 13% compared to May last year, and a 5.5% increase vs the previous record month – July ...
- ChipsAway achieving excellent recruitment figures as more people follow their passion into their work
- 02 June 2016
- ChipsAway, leading automotive repair franchise, is pleased to announce that they are seeing excellent recruitment figures for 2016, as more people are looking to follow their passion for cars into their work. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) recently discovered that UK w...
- From Strength To Strength For Franchise Brands
- 13 January 2016
- In line with their strategy of organic growth, parent company of leading high street names Ovenclean and ChipsAway, Franchise Brands, is celebrating record results from a fantastic 2015! Franchise Brands credit the amazing success down to a mixture of optimising existing marketing campaigns, plus ...
- Record breaking summer for leading franchise brands
- 10 September 2015
- While it may not have been the best of summers weather-wise, the record breaking results achieved earlier this year for leading franchises ChipsAway and Ovenclean have once again been smashed this summer! This is great news for both networks of around 400 franchisees in total, who are enjoying highe...
- ChipsAway Celebrates 21st Birthday
- 28 April 2015
- ChipsAway International is delighted to be celebrating its 21st anniversary since being introduced to the UK back in 1994! Having grown and developed substantially since its initial launch, ChipsAway has always remained brand leader, standing head and shoulders above the competition and always str...
- Franchise Brands announces the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director
- 23 October 2014
- Franchise Brands Worldwide Limited (“Franchise Brands”), the holding company for a number of flagship franchise businesses including ChipsAway International and Ovenclean, is pleased to announce the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director with immediate effect. Franchis...
- Smashing Summer for ChipsAway!
- 02 September 2014
- What a Summer it’s been for the UK’s leading automotive paintwork repair brand ChipsAway, who have smashed all previous records with the Franchisor generating an unprecedented level of demand in terms of repair leads for their UK wide network of franchise partners as a result of a major investmen...
- National push as ChipsAway resumes TV advertising!
- 23 April 2014
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for a scorching 2014 with another high-profile TV advertising campaign, this year starting in April and running until September. 2013 was yet another record year for the company, with £30m+ worth of repair opportunities gen...
- ChipsAway’s longest ever running TV campaign already drives record demand!
- 05 July 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, has already reported record YTD figures for 2013, with its longest ever running high-profile TV advertising campaign in full swing. Last month alone, overall demand for the ChipsAway service surpassed all expectations with over £3 million w...
- ChipsAway Are Back On TV For Their Longest Run Ever!
- 12 March 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for what is going to be a scorching 2013, with its longest ever high-profile TV advertising campaign, starting in March and running until September.2012 was yet another record year for the company, with £85,000 worth of repa...
- Good news for ChipsAway as YouGov research reveals market potential
- 08 October 2012
- Once again a YouGov poll has confirmed that the brand best known to the British motorist for automotive paintwork repairs is ChipsAway, with almost half of those surveyed citing the company’s name. In further good news for ChipsAway’s nationwide network of franchisees, the research confirmed ...
- ChipsAway awarded IMI accreditation
- 10 July 2012
- ChipsAway, the most successful automotive franchise in the UK, has become the latest minor automotive repair specialist to gain IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) accreditation for its initial courses.The accreditation means that ChipsAway’s comprehensive training program will now not only...
- ChipsAway continues its global expansion
- 07 June 2012
- Leading British car body repair brand ChipsAway, continues its global expansion, with the opening of its first middle-eastern franchise in Saudi Arabia.ChipsAway, one of the world’s largest car repair networks, has announced its expansion into the Middle East with the opening of a master franchi...
- ChipsAway Expands into Brazil Market
- 18 July 2011
- Leading automotive paintwork repairs specialist ChipsAway has announced the launch of a new master franchise in Sao Paulo, Brazil, expanding its global network. According to a Business Monitor International (BMI) report in February this year, a 10.6% year on year rise in Brazil’s...
- ChipsAway Charity ‘Date’ with Celebrity
- 13 May 2011
- Lunch with the lovely Vicki Butler-Henderson, glamorous presenter of car enthusiasts’ programme Fifth Gear, is merely the stuff of fantasy for her many admirers, but for ChipsAway franchise owner Steve Hancock, a ‘date’ with Vicki became a dream come true after he raised more than £1,000 for ...
- Presenter Hails Automotive Franchise
- 16 December 2010
- A presenter of Channel five’s Gadget Show chose ChipsAway to repair her car after she scraped the bumper. Pollyanna Woodward, one of the newest presenters of the Gadget Show, which features all the latest gizmos in the world of technology, was so pleased with her ChipsAway car re...
- Tunde Odeyemi
- After completing an engineering degree at University and starting a career in the Oil and Gas industry, he decided after a few years that he wasn’t maximising his full potential. After spotting a ChipsAway van and seeing the sophisticated interior workshop, he knew it was for him. “I decided to be...