ChipsAway - Car Paint Repair Franchise
'On-the-spot' automotive paint repair specialists. Scope for becoming a multi-van or multi-unit operation in this vast, growing marketplace.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £29,995 + VAT
- Available areas
- Franchise opportunities available all over the UK and world-wide.
Are you looking for an opportunity to start a business of your own, but worry about stepping into the unknown and not having enough work to keep you busy? Then a complete package from ChipsAway could be the answer.
ChipsAway guarantee that all new franchisees will receive a minimum of £80,000 of prospective work enquiries in their first year*. Our market-leading franchise has been developed to make it as easy as possible for you to start your own business. You don’t need any experience; we’ll provide all the support you need to make your business a success.
What is ChipsAway?
ChipsAway are the originators of the SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technology) repair process. As a full British Franchise Association (BFA) member with IMI, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations and affiliation with 3M and BVRLA, you won’t find better quality training, products and ongoing sales and marketing support at any other franchise.
Established in the UK for over twenty years. We now have the largest network of repair specialists in the UK, who have all undergone specialist training at our bespoke IMI accredited training centre in Worcestershire.
As a ChipsAway business owner, you will visit customers locally in your mobile workshop, offering high quality, value-for-money, everyday car damage repairs, including paintwork scratches, bumper scuffs and minor dents – known in the industry as SMART repairs. With ChipsAway’s flexible business plan, some franchisees develop their business further and operate from a Car Care Centre, with or without a mobile workshop, which can increase both the potential number of repairs that can be carried out, and the average repair value.
SMART repairs are quicker, more convenient and better value than traditional body shop methods, and we pride ourselves on our five-star TrustPilot rating awarded to us by our customers for the excellent, high quality service we provide.
A ChipsAway business package includes technical training, marketing and sales courses, ongoing business and technical support and advice, a host of marketing materials and a 24/7 Call Centre, based in the UK, ready to answer customer enquiries. This market-leading franchise will cost £29,995+VAT, but with our various pricing options you will only need £15,000+VAT to get started.
Be your own boss with a turn-key ChipsAway franchise. A full member of the BFA, ChipsAway guarantee that all new franchisees will receive a minimum of £80,000 worth of customer enquiries* in their first year and are given all the support and training needed to start a successful paint and bodywork repair business.
With ChipsAway, you will receive four weeks of expert, hands-on practical training at our bespoke facility – accredited with the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) – before starting work.
But it’s not just the practical skills you need. We know that not all of you have previous experience running a business, so we also provide Business Mentoring from an experienced Franchisee, and dedicated Franchisee support team member to help you and a business plan template, which you can personalise to match your ambition. In 2017 the average ChipsAway franchisee received over £140,000 worth of customer enquiries via the ChipsAway Head Office.
Beyond your initial training, we will make sure you have the network of support you need to run your business smoothly. With our ongoing technical advice, unlimited help and advice from your fellow franchisees and invitations to attend our annual Conference or Regional Meetings, our support is unrivalled.
With around 250,000 customer enquiries coming in each year – that’s £40million of enquiries – from day one we will ensure you have enough jobs available to keep you busy. It’s up to you, and your ambition, how much work you want to undertake.
Why go it alone when you can have the backing of a nationally recognised brand leader? ChipsAway are the UK’s leading minor automotive repair franchise with 1000% higher UK brand awareness than our nearest competitor, as confirmed by a recent YouGov survey.
The ChipsAway Marketing Support team provides franchisees with extensive national advertising, including nationwide coverage on TV, and online and offline campaigns throughout the year to raise brand awareness. As a result of extensive national advertising campaigns, including our TV advertising, the average ChipsAway franchisee received over £140,000 worth of customer enquiries in 2017 via the ChipsAway Head Office.
Furthermore, to ensure you are generating interest in your territory, we will help you put together a bespoke launch and marketing plan for your business and provide all the materials you’ll need. This includes leaflets, local advertising, stationery, a personal webpage and an email address, as well as all other essentials, like your ChipsAway uniform.
The Business Model
Our flexible business model can be tailored to suit your ambitions. Running a ChipsAway business means you decide how long you work, and how much work you undertake. As a ‘man in a van’ operation, some of our franchisees turnover in excess of £75,000 a year. If you’re interested in growing your business by taking on more staff or even expanding into multiple territories, we’ll be with you every step of the way.
As busy as you might be, with the steering wheel in your hands, you can make sure that your free time is your time – whether it’s family time, gym-time or kick-your-feet-up-and-read-the-paper time.
Ryan Lythe – Franchisee since November 2010
“A ChipsAway franchise gives you the opportunity to buy into a proven business model which works. This means I could change my career without having to lose earnings. When I attended the Open Day, I had the opportunity to use a spray gun to repaint an old vehicle, and that was when I realised how much I liked the idea of painting.”
After attending a four-week training course, and then an additional one week course after the first 3 months, Ryan generated estimates worth £10,000 over his launch weekend. Since then, he has opened his own Car Care Centre, and is fully booked for weeks ahead!
"It's almost been too good to be true, my business has come so far so quickly," Ryan confirms. "I'm so proud of the rapid expansion to a Car Care Centre (fixed-base workshop) with a team of technicians handling repairs. Growing with the demand has been the biggest challenge, but with the right employees and experience I have managed to grow around 50% year-on-year.”
A Quality Investment
“If you start up on your own you have nothing. When you start with ChipsAway you have everything – customers, training, and work from day one so you can start immediately!” Warren Wood, Franchisee since May 2017.
We support, so that you can succeed. This market-leading franchise will cost £29,995+VAT, but with our various pricing options you will only need £15,000+VAT to get started.
Get in touch to find out more, or book onto one of our regular informal Open Days to find out more detail about what it’s like to run a ChipsAway franchise. You can chat to some of our current franchisees and see a hands-on demonstration of the SMART repairs you could be doing. We look forward to seeing you soon!
*The average franchisee received over 1,000 enquiries via Head Office in 2017, which at our average repair value equates to over £80,000
- Andy Cornell
- Although Andy Cornell only launched his ChipsAway franchise a year ago, his business is racing ahead. He has already expanded with plans to grow further, he says he’s been busy since day one and is never less than fully booked four weeks ahead. “I’m absolutely thrilled with the way my busines...
- Paul Clift
- 20 November 2012
- After being made redundant Paul launched his ChipsAway franchise in 2008. Since then he has built up a very successful business. Using the practical skills he gained through working in the industry and the business development support he has received from head office, he has been able to grow hi...
- ChipsAway wins coveted Franchise Marketing Award for 2018
- 16 October 2018
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist for over 20 years, are thrilled to have won an award at this year’s Franchise Marketing Awards, taking home the trophy for the ‘Best Print Advert’ and celebrating ChipsAway’s continued commitment to supporting the growth of the franchise i...
- Going the extra 1500 miles in support of Bangers4Ben
- 08 October 2018
- Would you be prepared to travel 1500 miles across Europe in a banger worth no more than £750? That is exactly what the InAutomotive team are doing over the course of the next few days as part of the Bangers4Ben initiative – and ChipsAway International is proud to be supporting their efforts. Bange...
- Future-proofing the business and Hollywood Glamour ignites at this year’s ChipsAway Conference and Awards Ceremony
- 27 September 2018
- New industry developments and opportunity, electric and hybrid vehicles and Hollywood glamour were just a few of the themes at this year’s ChipsAway annual conference and awards ceremony held at the 5* Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales. Taking place this past weekend, a contingent of around 200 C...
- ChipsAway employee Callum Green Wins Silver at National Finals!
- 28 March 2018
- Many talented individuals, including Callum Green from ChipsAway North Tyneside, recently competed against each other at the Skill Auto national finals held at the NEC, in categories such as Automotive Technology, Refinishing, Body Repair and Heavy Vehicle Engineering! Callum performed brilliantly...
- ChipsAway Encourage Women's Confidence at Car Bodyshops
- 08 March 2018
- With recent research reporting that almost a third of females feel they have been ripped off for servicing and repair work done to their car, purely because they are female, nationwide car paintwork repair company ChipsAway, want to encourage an important change within the industry, and help females...
- ChipsAway celebrates at annual conference and awards dinner
- 13 October 2017
- Over 200 delegates congregated at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for ChipsAway’s annual conference and awards dinner over the weekend, celebrating 23 years as the UK’s leading minor car body paintwork repair brand. ChipsAway CEO, Tim Harris, kicked off the event - addressing the crowd and highlight...
- ChipsAway Launches New Website
- 30 May 2017
- After lots of hard work and anticipation, ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialists, are thrilled to announce the launch of their brand-new responsive and fully optimised website. The new website features a slick new bespoke design to bring the brand into 2017 with a fresh, mod...
- ChipsAway Celebrates Its Ninth Year of TV Advertising
- 28 April 2017
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, are celebrating the launch of their consumer TV campaign for 2017 this month, marking the 9th anniversary of TV advertising for the SMART repairs brand. ChipsAway’s national TV campaign has grown more and more successful each year since...
- ChipsAway Achieve a Coveted 5* Rating on TrustPilot
- 14 March 2017
- ChipsAway, the originators of minor car paint repair technology, have recently achieved a prestigious 5* rating from online consumer review company TrustPilot, with an average review score of 9.0 from over 650 reviews! “Exceptional customer service and high quality standards are at the heart of al...
- Getting Paid for Your Passion
- 27 February 2017
- ChipsAway Car Repairers Show Off Their Favourite Jobs ChipsAway is the UK's leading network of minor car body repair specialists. Many of their franchisees join the network because they are already so passionate about cars, and see the franchise as a great opportunity to turn their career into the...
- Choose ChipsAway To Avoid Higher Insurance Premiums
- 13 December 2016
- Insurance companies have once again come in for criticism from consumer groups, after it was revealed they penalise motorists for accidents or minor damage – even when it’s not their fault. Campaign group Which conducted a survey which found the majority of participants did not understand the insu...
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director
- 25 July 2016
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director Franchise Brands Ltd, the international multi-brand franchisor for ChipsAway, Ovenclean and MyHome, announces the appointment of Andrew Mallows as Finance Director. Andrew previously held a number of key roles at Domino’s Pizza fro...
- Record consumer leads for ChipsAway – May 2016
- 14 June 2016
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, saw record levels of demand for their service in May, with circa 25,000 consumer leads going out to the network! That’s a staggering increase of 13% compared to May last year, and a 5.5% increase vs the previous record month – July ...
- ChipsAway achieving excellent recruitment figures as more people follow their passion into their work
- 02 June 2016
- ChipsAway, leading automotive repair franchise, is pleased to announce that they are seeing excellent recruitment figures for 2016, as more people are looking to follow their passion for cars into their work. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) recently discovered that UK w...
- From Strength To Strength For Franchise Brands
- 13 January 2016
- In line with their strategy of organic growth, parent company of leading high street names Ovenclean and ChipsAway, Franchise Brands, is celebrating record results from a fantastic 2015! Franchise Brands credit the amazing success down to a mixture of optimising existing marketing campaigns, plus ...
- Record breaking summer for leading franchise brands
- 10 September 2015
- While it may not have been the best of summers weather-wise, the record breaking results achieved earlier this year for leading franchises ChipsAway and Ovenclean have once again been smashed this summer! This is great news for both networks of around 400 franchisees in total, who are enjoying highe...
- ChipsAway Celebrates 21st Birthday
- 28 April 2015
- ChipsAway International is delighted to be celebrating its 21st anniversary since being introduced to the UK back in 1994! Having grown and developed substantially since its initial launch, ChipsAway has always remained brand leader, standing head and shoulders above the competition and always str...
- Franchise Brands announces the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director
- 23 October 2014
- Franchise Brands Worldwide Limited (“Franchise Brands”), the holding company for a number of flagship franchise businesses including ChipsAway International and Ovenclean, is pleased to announce the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director with immediate effect. Franchis...
- Smashing Summer for ChipsAway!
- 02 September 2014
- What a Summer it’s been for the UK’s leading automotive paintwork repair brand ChipsAway, who have smashed all previous records with the Franchisor generating an unprecedented level of demand in terms of repair leads for their UK wide network of franchise partners as a result of a major investmen...
- National push as ChipsAway resumes TV advertising!
- 23 April 2014
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for a scorching 2014 with another high-profile TV advertising campaign, this year starting in April and running until September. 2013 was yet another record year for the company, with £30m+ worth of repair opportunities gen...
- ChipsAway’s longest ever running TV campaign already drives record demand!
- 05 July 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, has already reported record YTD figures for 2013, with its longest ever running high-profile TV advertising campaign in full swing. Last month alone, overall demand for the ChipsAway service surpassed all expectations with over £3 million w...
- ChipsAway Are Back On TV For Their Longest Run Ever!
- 12 March 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for what is going to be a scorching 2013, with its longest ever high-profile TV advertising campaign, starting in March and running until September.2012 was yet another record year for the company, with £85,000 worth of repa...
- Good news for ChipsAway as YouGov research reveals market potential
- 08 October 2012
- Once again a YouGov poll has confirmed that the brand best known to the British motorist for automotive paintwork repairs is ChipsAway, with almost half of those surveyed citing the company’s name. In further good news for ChipsAway’s nationwide network of franchisees, the research confirmed ...
- ChipsAway awarded IMI accreditation
- 10 July 2012
- ChipsAway, the most successful automotive franchise in the UK, has become the latest minor automotive repair specialist to gain IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) accreditation for its initial courses.The accreditation means that ChipsAway’s comprehensive training program will now not only...
- ChipsAway continues its global expansion
- 07 June 2012
- Leading British car body repair brand ChipsAway, continues its global expansion, with the opening of its first middle-eastern franchise in Saudi Arabia.ChipsAway, one of the world’s largest car repair networks, has announced its expansion into the Middle East with the opening of a master franchi...
- ChipsAway Expands into Brazil Market
- 18 July 2011
- Leading automotive paintwork repairs specialist ChipsAway has announced the launch of a new master franchise in Sao Paulo, Brazil, expanding its global network. According to a Business Monitor International (BMI) report in February this year, a 10.6% year on year rise in Brazil’s...
- ChipsAway Charity ‘Date’ with Celebrity
- 13 May 2011
- Lunch with the lovely Vicki Butler-Henderson, glamorous presenter of car enthusiasts’ programme Fifth Gear, is merely the stuff of fantasy for her many admirers, but for ChipsAway franchise owner Steve Hancock, a ‘date’ with Vicki became a dream come true after he raised more than £1,000 for ...
- Presenter Hails Automotive Franchise
- 16 December 2010
- A presenter of Channel five’s Gadget Show chose ChipsAway to repair her car after she scraped the bumper. Pollyanna Woodward, one of the newest presenters of the Gadget Show, which features all the latest gizmos in the world of technology, was so pleased with her ChipsAway car re...
- Richard Dexter
- Richard Dexter originally had a seasoned career as a Film and TV animator where he worked on films such as Lord of the Rings and Avatar. However, after 16 years in the industry, he decided he wanted a better work-life balance. Now he gets to take his 2 dogs to work with him each day, take his young ...
- Spencer Grainger
- Spencer Grainger joined the network in 2012. Prior to joining the franchise, he set up his own Ski business in Austria which was very successful When he returned to the UK he began working as a Sales Manager but missed the benefits of running his own business. He didn’t want to work for a company ...
- Tunde Odeyemi
- After completing an engineering degree at University and starting a career in the Oil and Gas industry, he decided after a few years that he wasn’t maximising his full potential. After spotting a ChipsAway van and seeing the sophisticated interior workshop, he knew it was for him. “I decided to be...
- Young Graduates - Graduate Stuart beats jobs blues with ChipsAway franchise
- 25 June 2012
- Geography graduate Stuart Yorston little suspected that straight out of university he would be running his own highly successful business. Like most students, Stuart had assumed that once he completed his degree, he would settle into employment, following a career related to his subject.However, in ...
- Families in Franchising - Paul's Keeping It in the Family
- 25 June 2012
- Proud dad Paul Clift faced redundancy before joining the UK’s leading ‘on-the-spot’ car repair franchise ChipsAway three years ago. Within 12 months of launching his business, demand had increased so much that he needed to gear up and expand, taking on a second territory and an additional ve...
- Thinking Big! ChipsAway franchisee Alistair has sights set on the big time
- 25 June 2012
- A great deal can happen in a year, as ChipsAway franchisee Alistair Hoy can testify. Ali opened a ChipsAway CarCare Centre (a fixed-base workshop) only six months after his initial business launch as a ‘man and a van’ operation, in line with his original business plan. Subsequently, he took...
- Profiting Partnerships - Painting A Picture Of Success With ChipsAway
- 25 June 2012
- Successful property developers for over 15 years, Steve and Anne Martin decided to change direction completely in 2009 and after considering various options, invested in a ChipsAway franchise. Since then, their business has continued to grow at an impressive rate. Within months of their franchise la...
- From Forces to Franchising - Andy's Hitting Targets with ChipsAway
- 25 June 2012
- Franchisee Andy Darby is hitting all targets as his ChipsAway business continues to expand. From launching a ‘man and a van’ operation on a single territory eleven years ago, former soldier Andy has built up an impressive multi-vehicle operation and a team of employees to serve his three territ...