Colourfence - Fencing Supply Franchise
The Colourfence Franchise is a unique opportunity. There's nothing else like it here in the UK.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £19,995 + VAT
- Total Investment: £40,000
- Available areas
- All areas throughout the UK
Smart investors make three demands of a franchise opportunity.
This business delivers all three...and more.
Colourfence attracts franchisees from everywhere. From experienced entrepreneurs to first-time investors. But, apart from a handful who already had industry experience, none of them dreamt about starting a fencing business.
Not many people do. But this isn't just any old fencing business. It's much more than that.
Colourfence is unique. It was developed in Australia, where it's known as Colorbond fencing, but is now manufactured here in the UK. And, as a franchisee, you'll be responsible for promoting and selling this product in your own protected territory.
With no direct competitor
That's the first thing every smart investor wants: a unique product with no competition. The second thing they look for is a marketplace.
Why almost 50% of Australian homeowners choose this product
Colorbond fencing has been sold in Australia for decades and accounts for nearly half the marketplace over there. Colourfence, made from lightweight Colorbond steel, is maintenance-free and, unlike timber, doesn't age, spoil or need replacing. In fact, the company is so confident in its 'fit and forget' product that it provides a 25 year guarantee.
It's perfect for the UK; a nation renowned for taking pride in its homes and gardens. The experts agree as, since landing on these shores, the company has been an RHS Gold Award winner and was voted one of BBC Gardening's Top Ten products.
And there's one more timely benefit that gives instant piece of mind to us Brits: Colourfence is designed to withstand gusts of wind of up to 130mph – so it will still be standing whatever mother nature has to throw at us next winter!
The marketplace in the UK is huge. And that's why you're reading this today. Colourfence has so much demand that it can't service the whole country on its own. The company needs franchisees, like you, to be the local supplier in your area.
So that's the first two demands any smart franchisee makes:
- a unique product which nobody else can sell or supply
- a steady stream of customers prepared to pay for it
The third is for a fast return on investment.
A low-cost, home-based franchise with immediate returns
This is about your investment and your returns. Because you'll want to know what it all costs, when you'll be able to draw an income, and when you'll see a clear profit.
The good news is the total investment is less than £40,000. The even better news is that half of that is your own working capital (and you might not even need all of that).
The franchise fee – the amount you pay Colourfence – is just £19,995 + VAT (reclaimable). There are no huge upfront fees to wipe out your savings. What's more, the business can be operated from home so you don't need to take on costly premises, or other overheads, that will eat into your profits.
And if you've been looking at any other franchises, this bit might surprise you. The Management Services fees are just 1.5% of turnover (or a minimum of £120 per month).
All of which means your return on investment is fast. Click here to find out just how fast.
Andy & Shelley Stewart from Yeovil sold £26,000 in their first month. They went on to sell £200,000 in their first year, a quarter-of-a-million pounds the following year and over £300,000 this year. And their average gross profit is 50%; not bad for a sub-£20k franchise!
Endorsed by a TV star and celebrity designer
Now, this weatherproof and fit-and-forget fencing has a ringing celebrity endorsement! Anna Ryder-Richardson, designer and star of a number of well-known home-improvement shows, knows what works – and, more importantly, what doesn’t work – in our homes and gardens. And she admits to wasting countless days and a small fortune trying to maintain a tired old wooden fence.
For her, there was only one alternative: “I honestly believe that Colourfence and ColourRail are the best general purpose fencing and railing products on the market today. Virtually maintenance free; guaranteed; and professionally installed by fully trained franchisees for total peace of mind.”
A simple business almost anyone could own – and one more reason to join
This is a franchise that's very easy to learn. And you don't need to be a fencer either. In fact, Colourfence would prefer you weren't fixated on the practical side of this business. The real money is to be made in sales. Not hard sell. Not cold calling. Just generating and dealing with enquiries in your own area. And, as you'd expect from a member of the BFA, there's plenty of training and support to help you do that.
Now in his 9th year, Colourfence's Cambridge franchisee, Sharone Freed, has sold more than £2.5 million. “There is a support team at Head Office for whatever help I need,” he says. “They have exceeded their obligations to me.”
Unlike some customers, who choose Colourfence to maintain their privacy – to deter prying eyes – the company itself is quite transparent. It has nothing to hide. And, because Colourfence is so confident that this business works , it encourages you to contact any of its franchisees to ask them for yourself.
But before you do that, there's one final, yet crucial, component that makes this franchise opportunity an absolute no brainer. Something that mitigates your risk and provides even more reassurance than anything else.
Colourfence doesn't make a penny unless you're selling.
It certainly doesn't make any money from a franchise fee of just £19,995 + VAT. Once you take out the recruitment costs, training and deliverables – as well as an 80,000 home leaflet drop to generate initial enquiries for you – there's no profit there.
As the manufacturer, the company can only make money by distributing its products nationwide. And as a franchisee, you are its distributors. That's why Colourfence will only recruit the right partners, and when it does, works tirelessly to help them succeed.
If that sounds like your sort of franchise partnership, get in touch with Colourfence today.
- ColourFence winners at the Franchise Marketing Awards
- 15 October 2018
- Innovative franchise that supplies a unique product takes home Best Website trophy ColourFence, the franchise that supplies weatherproof and virtually maintenance- free fencing, has won its first Franchise Marketing Award. The brand took home the trophy for Best Website at last week’s award ceremo...
- Colourfence reports a 59% increase in online traffic
- 22 November 2017
- Colourfence, the franchise that supplies weatherproof and low-maintenance fencing, has reported a 59 percent increase in visitors to its website. 101 percent of these come from coveted ‘organic searches’. But more importantly, explains Digital Marketing Manager Graham Bowers, these visits are leadin...
- Colourfence appoints new Digital Marketing Manager
- 24 October 2017
- Colourfence, the weatherproof fencing franchise, has just announced another new addition to its head office team. Just a few months after recruiting Marketing Manager, Helen Hopkins, the company has secured the full-time services of Digital Marketing Manager, Graham Bowers. Until recently, Colour...
- Colourfence shortlisted for 2 Franchise Marketing Awards
- 10 October 2017
- Colourfence has reached the finals of this year’s Franchise Marketing Awards (FMAs). This is the first year the company has entered the awards and, says founder and Managing Director Mark Stewart-Woods, the company is thrilled to have made the shortlist in each category it entered. “This is fantas...
- Colourfence releases new franchise video
- 28 September 2017
- A new corporate video has just been released on both the Colourfence website and its dedicated YouTube channel. The three-and-a-half-minute long recording gives potential franchisees a behind-the-scenes look at the company, its products and its franchisees. It also features never-seen-before foota...
- Colourfence hosts its first Fencing Games
- 18 September 2017
- Colourfence, the franchise that supplies innovative ‘fit-and-forget’ fencing, held its inaugural Fencing Games last weekend. The event, which was organised by the company’s head office team, saw franchisees, their installers, employees and family get together for some competition and a little fun. ...
- Colourfence now a full member of the British Franchise Association
- 14 August 2017
- Colourfence, the franchise that supplies weatherproof and virtually no-maintenance garden fencing, has now become a full member of the British Franchise Association (bfa). An associate member of the bfa since launching its franchise ten years ago, the company has since grown into a network of mor...
- Virtually maintenance-free with a 25-year guarantee, thousands of the nation's homeowners are now choosing Colourfence
- 11 May 2017
- Colourfence Cambridge franchisee, Sharone Freed, has just posted a record month with new orders of £81,200. With eight years’ experience under his belt and a two-time Colourfence ‘Franchisee of the Year’, it’s perhaps no surprise Sharone is modest about his achievements, saying: “I’m really not do...
- “Tested globally and of a high-quality standard, Colourfence is perfectly suited to the UK climate.”
- 18 April 2017
- Cardiff couple explain why they chose a franchise supplying Colourfence’s unique weatherproof fencing product Despite having no previous experience in business, Cardiff-based couple Jon Angle and Helen Taylor loved Colourfence’s unique weatherproof ‘fit and forget’ products so much they were eager...
- Wacky races kick-start Colourfence Conference
- 16 March 2017
- The Colourfence Conference, held again this year at the Celtic Manor Resort, began with some fun team building challenges for the weatherproof fencing brand’s 54 franchisees. Split into seven teams, they worked to design, build and then race a go-kart around a short indoor track. The winning team,...
- Colourfence doubles sales in 18 months
- 03 July 2015
- Sales of Colourfence's unique 'fit and forget' boundary fencing have doubled in the last 18 months. Made from innovative Colorbond steel – high-tensile, durable and with an anti-corrosive coating that won't rust – the product has been snapped up by homeowners searching for a maintenance-free and wea...
- A Colourfence case study - Paul Gilmore
- 15 June 2017
- I knew I’d found a company that I could work with. And, more importantly, I’d found one that offered fantastic, quality products that I would be proud to associate myself with.” Colourfence’s ‘Newcomer of the Year’, Paul Gilmore from Bognor Regis, explains his reasons for joining the franchise, w...