Metro Rod - Drainage Services Franchise
A drainage business operating a 24 hour-a-day, 365 day-a-year quality service serving commercial, industrial, utility and domestic markets.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £25,000 + VAT
- Available areas
- South London; Kent; Merseyside; Northern Ireland; Dumfries and Galloway
Established businesses for sale: £25K - £1M+
supported within Metro Rod
Investing in a Metro Rod resale means you can build from an established customer base, with ongoing revenue, and trained staff. A fleet of vehicles and associated equipment is also available in addition to the franchise fee.
Metro Rod local businesses operate across the commercial, industrial, utility and domestic markets. Drainage in the UK is a multi-billion pound highly profitable sector with demand 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day.
The power of a national brand (est. 1983) giving your business a competitive advantage:
- Field and Office based Key accounts team winning business
- Call centre operated at head office 24/7
- Staff training via our technical support team
- Finance team managing your debtors
- Business coaching to achieve your goals
Successful Metro Rod business owners work on growing their local business, managing staff to meet SLA’s and delivering first class service. Typically, 60% of income is generated through key accounts and 40% locally, by the business owner and their team. You will benefit from being a part of a national network of like-minded business owners, keen to share ideas and experiences.
Investment and returns
As an established network of businesses there are always investment opportunities arising for across the country. Depending on the territories available at any one time - prices range from £25K to £1m+.
Franchisees are taking six figures sums out of their businesses, and still investing in the business's growth.
As you will be joining an established franchise network and investing in a fully operating business with on-going revenue, we have excellent relationships with the major banks who generally offer 70% of the investment.
Areas of the country that currently have resales available include:
Complete an enquiry form today to request more information!
- Metro Rod - Case Study
- Learn more about Metro Rod with this case study featuring Ben Witcomb, Metro Rod Newport, Hereford & Gloucester.
- Metro Rod Aberdeen expand into 2018
- 26 January 2018
- Just a handful of months after taking over the Metro Rod Aberdeen area, Nick and Angela Langan, who also run hugely successful safety and compliance business ‘Safetest Compliance Services’, have started 2018 as they mean to go on, with expansion into Dundee and Perth, and the Highlands and Islands a...
- New Year, New Metro Rod!
- 15 January 2018
- 2018 is definitely set to be the most exciting year yet for leading drainage repair and maintenance company Metro Rod! Since being purchased by Franchise Brands plc back in April 2017, it’s been non-stop. Franchisee visits with each member of the Metro Rod network have been conducted - seeking...
- Metro Rod celebrates at inaugural Conference and Awards ceremony 2017
- 21 November 2017
- Franchisees, employees and suppliers from across the country all congregated last weekend at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for the much-anticipated Metro Rod conference and awards ceremony, sponsored by iTouch. This was the first of its kind under the ownership of Franchise Brands plc, and one whi...
- Peter Molloy appointed Managing Director
- 05 October 2017
- Franchise Brands plc is pleased to announce the promotion of Peter Molloy to Managing Director of recently acquired Metro Rod, a leading provider of drainage and plumbing services. Peter has a substantial knowledge of the business having been Commercial Director of Metro Rod since 2003, and has re...
- We liked the business we worked in so much, we bought it!
- 07 June 2017
- The latest franchisees to join the Metro Services Group network know exactly what it takes to succeed – the business has been taken over by Lee Davies and Martin O’Connor following a management buyout of the exiting owner. Lee and Martin, who have worked in the franchise for 15 and 14 years respec...
- Metro Rod Double Victory at BFA Awards
- 03 October 2016
- Two franchisees from industry leading drainage experts Metro Rod have proven they are simply the best, winning their categories in the British Franchise Awards and beating competition from some of the most celebrated and successful franchise businesses in the country.Franchising contributes more tha...
- Linda, David, and Stephen Oakes - Cumbria
- Linda and David’s Story: Linda and David had made a modest success of their family drainage company, but although they had a good reputation among their clients, the couple couldn’t see how they could grow much further. Their “one man and a van” operation made it difficult for them to compete for...
- Neil Newman and Anne Pullman - Exeter
- Neil and Anne's Story: With a successful eighteen-year career in a variety of drainage and plumbing businesses, Neil Newman had experienced most of what the industry had to offer. But there was one opportunity that Neil had to wait almost a decade to achieve – the chance to run a franchise with th...
- Mike and Matthew Yates - Bolton
- Mike and Matthew’s story: Mike and Matthew had grown their family removals and haulage company from a one-man-and-a-van operation to a 12-strong vehicle fleet. But their livelihoods were threatened by a slump in the housing market and surge in fuel prices. To beat the recession, they started looki...
- George and Tricia Craig - North East
- George and Tricia's Story: The potential of a Metro Rod business to thrive in trying circumstances that helped persuade George and Tricia to invest in the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor more than a decade ago. “When we chose the franchise, we felt that Metro Rod was a recess...
- Ashley and Tracy Waller - Bedford
- Employment History: Ashley had twice been made redundant during his sales career, so was looking to take control of his own career. Tracy’s management position in a dental practice had given her firm business experience but she wanted a role where her efforts would be better rewarded. A relative r...
- Jean Mullan and Shaun O'Brien - Norwich
- Jean’s and Shaun's Story: Jean and husband Shaun had always worked hard to support their young family, but a career as an employee in the motor trade didn’t guarantee the rewards that her efforts deserved. Jean’s experience in the car industry had shown the benefits of a franchise business, and af...
- Alun and Cath Richards - Mid Wales
- Alun and Cath's Story: Alun was an experienced dairy farmer, but uncertainty in the rural economy meant he wanted to diversify. Careful research led him to Metro Rod, the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor, whose trusted brand name and national reputation made the company an att...
- Sue Caulfield, Metro Rod
- Many entrepreneurs have to overcome adversity. Sue’s certainly taken on a lot more than her fair share in order to be where she is today. Sue started the business with her husband in 1999 after returning to the UK from Germany, where she lived for seven years. Everything went well from the outset;...