Metro Rod - Drainage Services Franchise
A drainage business operating a 24 hour-a-day, 365 day-a-year quality service serving commercial, industrial, utility and domestic markets.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £25,000 + VAT
- Minimum Investment: £125,000
- Available areas
- Cardiff, Derby and Aberdeen
Metro Rod are one of the UK’s leading drain care and maintenance specialists with more than 30 years’ experience and over 40 franchised territories.
Who are Metro Rod?
Metro Rod are proud to be the expert in commercial drainage solutions, providing customers with a safe, honest, reliable and professional service, day and night. Our specialist drain clearance and maintenance services include high pressure water jetting, CCTV surveys, drain or sewer lining, excavation, electro mechanical cleaning and fat and grease management, while our tanker fleet offers flood relief support, sewage jetting and de-silting.
Founded in 1983, Metro Rod was acquired by the Franchise Brands plc Group in 2017, joining a portfolio which also includes ChipsAway, Ovenclean and Barking Mad. We operate nationwide via a network of 40+ franchises and are looking for others to join us.
What is the opportunity for me?
As a Metro Rod Franchisee, you will manage a team of highly skilled engineers who are trained to provide a range of high-quality services. The focus is on building customer relationships, managing people and providing the very best in customer service.
Who are we looking for?
The Metro Rod success story is all about real people achieving real results. Our 40+ Metro Rod professional family members are all driven individuals or partnerships, with a passion for providing a first-class service. If you have strong business acumen, good people skills, initial investment funds* and the ambition to own a highly successful, local franchise business, we think you’ll fit in perfectly!
Previous careers involving leadership, business development, project management, commercial selling or civil engineering all have very relevant transferable skills but we can provide industry-leading training in all aspects of running a commercial drainage company.
How much does a Metro Rod Franchise Cost?
Due to our success, we currently only have a strictly limited number of new Metro Rod territories available, with a minimum investment of £125,000 necessary. However, we also have established franchise resales available, which are priced individually.
Do you offer a man in van franchise opportunity?
Metro Plumb is a national plumbing company with more than thirty regional plumbing service centres across the country, providing a friendly and professional service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our Metro Plumb franchises require a lower minimum investment, starting from £25,000.
Are any skills required?
Metro Pumb applicants are required to possess an NVQ Level 2 in plumbing, or practical experience that we can evaluate with our training team, along with the drive and enthusiasm to grow a local business. Capitalising on a massive gap in the market, which became apparent through our work with national clients, we are experiencing huge demand for our additional plumbing service.
If you are interested in a Metro Rod or Metro Plumb franchise opportunity, please get in touch today.
- Metro Rod - Case Study
- Learn more about Metro Rod with this case study featuring Ben Witcomb, Metro Rod Newport, Hereford & Gloucester.
- Metro Rod Conference and Awards Ceremony
- 23 November 2018
- Achievements of Metro Rod franchisees and engineers recognised and celebrated at spectacular annual conference and awards ceremony Franchisees at Metro Rod, the market leader in commercial drainage, together with Support Centre teams, the Franchise Brands Board and key partners and suppliers, gath...
- Metro Rod Aberdeen expand into 2018
- 26 January 2018
- Just a handful of months after taking over the Metro Rod Aberdeen area, Nick and Angela Langan, who also run hugely successful safety and compliance business ‘Safetest Compliance Services’, have started 2018 as they mean to go on, with expansion into Dundee and Perth, and the Highlands and Islands a...
- New Year, New Metro Rod!
- 15 January 2018
- 2018 is definitely set to be the most exciting year yet for leading drainage repair and maintenance company Metro Rod! Since being purchased by Franchise Brands plc back in April 2017, it’s been non-stop. Franchisee visits with each member of the Metro Rod network have been conducted - seeking...
- Metro Rod celebrates at inaugural Conference and Awards ceremony 2017
- 21 November 2017
- Franchisees, employees and suppliers from across the country all congregated last weekend at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for the much-anticipated Metro Rod conference and awards ceremony, sponsored by iTouch. This was the first of its kind under the ownership of Franchise Brands plc, and one whi...
- Peter Molloy appointed Managing Director
- 05 October 2017
- Franchise Brands plc is pleased to announce the promotion of Peter Molloy to Managing Director of recently acquired Metro Rod, a leading provider of drainage and plumbing services. Peter has a substantial knowledge of the business having been Commercial Director of Metro Rod since 2003, and has re...
- We liked the business we worked in so much, we bought it!
- 07 June 2017
- The latest franchisees to join the Metro Services Group network know exactly what it takes to succeed – the business has been taken over by Lee Davies and Martin O’Connor following a management buyout of the exiting owner. Lee and Martin, who have worked in the franchise for 15 and 14 years respec...
- Metro Rod Double Victory at BFA Awards
- 03 October 2016
- Two franchisees from industry leading drainage experts Metro Rod have proven they are simply the best, winning their categories in the British Franchise Awards and beating competition from some of the most celebrated and successful franchise businesses in the country.Franchising contributes more tha...
- Linda, David, and Stephen Oakes - Cumbria
- Linda and David’s Story: Linda and David had made a modest success of their family drainage company, but although they had a good reputation among their clients, the couple couldn’t see how they could grow much further. Their “one man and a van” operation made it difficult for them to compete for...
- Neil Newman and Anne Pullman - Exeter
- Neil and Anne's Story: With a successful eighteen-year career in a variety of drainage and plumbing businesses, Neil Newman had experienced most of what the industry had to offer. But there was one opportunity that Neil had to wait almost a decade to achieve – the chance to run a franchise with th...
- Mike and Matthew Yates - Bolton
- Mike and Matthew’s story: Mike and Matthew had grown their family removals and haulage company from a one-man-and-a-van operation to a 12-strong vehicle fleet. But their livelihoods were threatened by a slump in the housing market and surge in fuel prices. To beat the recession, they started looki...
- George and Tricia Craig - North East
- George and Tricia's Story: The potential of a Metro Rod business to thrive in trying circumstances that helped persuade George and Tricia to invest in the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor more than a decade ago. “When we chose the franchise, we felt that Metro Rod was a recess...
- Ashley and Tracy Waller - Bedford
- Employment History: Ashley had twice been made redundant during his sales career, so was looking to take control of his own career. Tracy’s management position in a dental practice had given her firm business experience but she wanted a role where her efforts would be better rewarded. A relative r...
- Jean Mullan and Shaun O'Brien - Norwich
- Jean’s and Shaun's Story: Jean and husband Shaun had always worked hard to support their young family, but a career as an employee in the motor trade didn’t guarantee the rewards that her efforts deserved. Jean’s experience in the car industry had shown the benefits of a franchise business, and af...
- Alun and Cath Richards - Mid Wales
- Alun and Cath's Story: Alun was an experienced dairy farmer, but uncertainty in the rural economy meant he wanted to diversify. Careful research led him to Metro Rod, the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor, whose trusted brand name and national reputation made the company an att...
- Sue Caulfield, Metro Rod
- Many entrepreneurs have to overcome adversity. Sue’s certainly taken on a lot more than her fair share in order to be where she is today. Sue started the business with her husband in 1999 after returning to the UK from Germany, where she lived for seven years. Everything went well from the outset;...