Metro Rod - Drainage Services Franchise
A drainage business operating a 24 hour-a-day, 365 day-a-year quality service serving commercial, industrial, utility and domestic markets.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Minimum Investment: £40,000
- Available areas
Ready to go Metro Rod franchises across the UK
Metro Rod franchises for sale in the UK. Find out everything you need to know, including the cost to start this franchise in minutes here!
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1983, Metro Rod is one of the leading providers of drainage clearance and maintenance services to the commercial sector. We provide our services on a 24/7/365 basis by over 40 franchisees with geographical coverage across the UK.
Metro Rod was acquired in 2017 by Franchise Brands plc. - a select group of international multi-brand franchisors with a combined network of over 450 franchisees in 12 countries, and all the inevitable wealth of experience and knowledge in franchising that brings with it.
Metro Rod’s highly specialist drain clearance and maintenance services include high-pressure water jetting, CCTV surveys, drain or sewer lining, excavation, electromechanical cleaning, and fat and grease management.
Metro Rod serves UK business customers across multiple sectors, including facilities management, retail, water utilities, social housing, hospitality, insurance, and local businesses and other customers in both the public and private sectors. Metro Rod’s 300-plus engineers complete more than 150,000 jobs per year!
Our high standards of service have led to the establishment of relationships with large Blue-Chip organisations, as well as to retail and catering businesses with multiple units across the country.
WHY CHOOSE METRO ROD?
Our tried and tested business model comes from more than 30 years of experience. With many territories turning over more than £1 million, ours is an essential service the UK will always need! We have built up and nurtured over 250 national accounts by providing the fast and professional services required in every home and business.
WHAT DOES METRO ROD DO?
Metro Rod delivers high-quality services with both professionalism and respect. Our engineers come fully qualified and experienced, as well as being considerate and friendly people you would welcome into your own home or business.
We promise to always deliver a fast response, tidy working and exceptional customer support to each and every client.
Much more than just local drainage experts, we care about your business as much as you do. We go above and beyond by not merely falling back on a temporary fix but offering a long-lasting resolution. For drainage services you can trust, choose Metro Rod!
- Fully established business for you to take to the next level of growth.
- An exclusive UK territory.
- Full training and support provided.
- A complete team of support staff, with all the skills and resources to draw on: IT, Marketing, Accounts, Sales, Operations, and a 24/7 call centre.
A Metro Rod business is a fully established operation, so you will be taking over an existing company with staff, vehicles, equipment and customers.
You do not have to have previous drainage experience because these territories come with existing staff and engineers. What we do need is someone with ambition, an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to embrace this fantastic opportunity; to develop and grow this business by offering a full range of services and see it through to its absolute potential.
“My wife and I have been running Metro Rod (Norwich) since 2001, and over that time have built up a strong and loyal client base.” – Shaun O’Brian, Metro Rod franchisee (Norwich)
- Franchise Fee: Each business is valued on its own EBITDA position.
- Minimum Investment: 70% LTV can be achieved with financial support from our partners at HSBC or your own financial backers.
- Minimum Liquid Capital: £40,000.
- Metro Rod - Case Study
- Learn more about Metro Rod with this case study featuring Ben Witcomb, Metro Rod Newport, Hereford & Gloucester.
- Metro Rod Conference and Awards Ceremony
- 23 November 2018
- Achievements of Metro Rod franchisees and engineers recognised and celebrated at spectacular annual conference and awards ceremony Franchisees at Metro Rod, the market leader in commercial drainage, together with Support Centre teams, the Franchise Brands Board and key partners and suppliers, gath...
- Metro Rod Aberdeen expand into 2018
- 26 January 2018
- Just a handful of months after taking over the Metro Rod Aberdeen area, Nick and Angela Langan, who also run hugely successful safety and compliance business ‘Safetest Compliance Services’, have started 2018 as they mean to go on, with expansion into Dundee and Perth, and the Highlands and Islands a...
- New Year, New Metro Rod!
- 15 January 2018
- 2018 is definitely set to be the most exciting year yet for leading drainage repair and maintenance company Metro Rod! Since being purchased by Franchise Brands plc back in April 2017, it’s been non-stop. Franchisee visits with each member of the Metro Rod network have been conducted - seeking...
- Metro Rod celebrates at inaugural Conference and Awards ceremony 2017
- 21 November 2017
- Franchisees, employees and suppliers from across the country all congregated last weekend at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for the much-anticipated Metro Rod conference and awards ceremony, sponsored by iTouch. This was the first of its kind under the ownership of Franchise Brands plc, and one whi...
- Peter Molloy appointed Managing Director
- 05 October 2017
- Franchise Brands plc is pleased to announce the promotion of Peter Molloy to Managing Director of recently acquired Metro Rod, a leading provider of drainage and plumbing services. Peter has a substantial knowledge of the business having been Commercial Director of Metro Rod since 2003, and has re...
- We liked the business we worked in so much, we bought it!
- 07 June 2017
- The latest franchisees to join the Metro Services Group network know exactly what it takes to succeed – the business has been taken over by Lee Davies and Martin O’Connor following a management buyout of the exiting owner. Lee and Martin, who have worked in the franchise for 15 and 14 years respec...
- Metro Rod Double Victory at BFA Awards
- 03 October 2016
- Two franchisees from industry leading drainage experts Metro Rod have proven they are simply the best, winning their categories in the British Franchise Awards and beating competition from some of the most celebrated and successful franchise businesses in the country.Franchising contributes more tha...
- Linda, David, and Stephen Oakes - Cumbria
- Linda and David’s Story: Linda and David had made a modest success of their family drainage company, but although they had a good reputation among their clients, the couple couldn’t see how they could grow much further. Their “one man and a van” operation made it difficult for them to compete for...
- Neil Newman and Anne Pullman - Exeter
- Neil and Anne's Story: With a successful eighteen-year career in a variety of drainage and plumbing businesses, Neil Newman had experienced most of what the industry had to offer. But there was one opportunity that Neil had to wait almost a decade to achieve – the chance to run a franchise with th...
- Mike and Matthew Yates - Bolton
- Mike and Matthew’s story: Mike and Matthew had grown their family removals and haulage company from a one-man-and-a-van operation to a 12-strong vehicle fleet. But their livelihoods were threatened by a slump in the housing market and surge in fuel prices. To beat the recession, they started looki...
- George and Tricia Craig - North East
- George and Tricia's Story: The potential of a Metro Rod business to thrive in trying circumstances that helped persuade George and Tricia to invest in the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor more than a decade ago. “When we chose the franchise, we felt that Metro Rod was a recess...
- Ashley and Tracy Waller - Bedford
- Employment History: Ashley had twice been made redundant during his sales career, so was looking to take control of his own career. Tracy’s management position in a dental practice had given her firm business experience but she wanted a role where her efforts would be better rewarded. A relative r...
- Jean Mullan and Shaun O'Brien - Norwich
- Jean’s and Shaun's Story: Jean and husband Shaun had always worked hard to support their young family, but a career as an employee in the motor trade didn’t guarantee the rewards that her efforts deserved. Jean’s experience in the car industry had shown the benefits of a franchise business, and af...
- Alun and Cath Richards - Mid Wales
- Alun and Cath's Story: Alun was an experienced dairy farmer, but uncertainty in the rural economy meant he wanted to diversify. Careful research led him to Metro Rod, the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor, whose trusted brand name and national reputation made the company an att...
- Sue Caulfield, Metro Rod
- Many entrepreneurs have to overcome adversity. Sue’s certainly taken on a lot more than her fair share in order to be where she is today. Sue started the business with her husband in 1999 after returning to the UK from Germany, where she lived for seven years. Everything went well from the outset;...