Merry Maids - Cleaning Franchise
The domestic cleaning franchise where the numbers speak for themselves.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £10,000
- Total Investment: from £5,999 + VAT
- Minimum Investment: £6,000
- Available areas
- Franchise opportunities available throughout the UK and Ireland. Network Size: 51-100 units
Build Your Very Own Money-Making Business With Merry Maids
If you aspire to build a successful business, it’s advantageous to do so with a proven business model, support in areas where you need it and a head start when it comes to establishing your name in a highly competitive market. That’s where a Merry Maids franchise can help you well on your way to business success.
Our proven money-making business model has withstood the test of time and some difficult market conditions to be one of the longest standing domestic cleaning franchises in the UK.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, motivated and are able to follow a proven business model. You won’t need any experience, just the aptitude and attitude to want to succeed in a thriving market.
The domestic cleaning market is HUGE, with tens of thousands of searches surrounding domestic cleaning each year, you could harness a genuine opportunity to secure a piece of this growing market by owning a Merry Maids franchise.
Whatever your current situation, past experience or reasons for wanting to be in business for yourself, and not by yourself, our franchise opportunity helps you get off to a flying start. We offer one of the most comprehensive packages in our sector including:
- Full training & unlimited support – We don’t give you fish, we teach you how to fish - it’s much more rewarding that way!
- Business Management System – Enabling you to manage your business effectively at anytime, anywhere in the world
- Website and marketing support – To ensure that your professional services are seen by your prospective customers
- Online Shop facility – Your key to a 24-hour 365-day business, get paid whilst you sleep!
- Starter package - Including marketing materials, products & equipment so that you can make a start right away
- 24-hour call handling facility – So you never miss an enquiry!
Don’t just take our word for it!
“After years of working for someone else, I just thought, why not give it a go myself, be my own boss.”
– Nick Rayner of Merry Maids Milton Keynes
“I really wanted to be involved with both my staff and my customers so that’s why I chose Merry Maids.”
– Nicky Morris of Merry Maids Fylde & Blackpool
“The cleaning industry is quite a volatile industry to enter in to, so I knew I needed something that had a strong brand and support in marketing the business.”
– Paul Bartle of Merry Maids York
“I have the ability to run the business my way, but with the support of Merry Maids.”
– Gina Glendinning of Merry Maids Wakefield
“I have a great deal of flexibility and can fit Merry Maids around my lifestyle.”
– Jonathan Dean of Merry Maids South Surrey
“We have fantastic marketing support.”
– Debbie Walker of Merry Maids Croydon
Want to know more?
Whether it’s the idea of owning your own cleaning business without picking up a mop and bucket that gets your attention, or perhaps the opportunity to earn money whilst you sleep, then why not contact us to find out more and to reserve your place on our next discovery day.
- Merry Maids Case Study | Milton Keynes | What made you want to own your own business?
- Owning your own business is a huge commitment. Nick of Merry Maids Milton Keynes tells us about how he feels about owning his own business.
- Merry Maids Case Study | South Surrey | Why choose Merry Maids?
- There are lots of franchisors out there to choose from. Jonathan tells us why he chose Merry Maids franchise to partner up with.
- Merry Maids Case Study | Wakefield | Why choose Merry Maids franchise?
- Gina chose us because of the opportunity to 'piggy back' such a well known, reputable and well established global brand.
- Merry Maids Case Study | Croydon | Marketing Support
- Debbie Walker tells us what the marketing support has been like for her throughout her journey with Merry Maids franchise.
- Merry Maids Support
- At Merry Maids, our senior executives and support team perpetuate our corporate objectives and provide opportunities for valuable input from the franchise owners we serve.
- Why choose a Merry Maids franchise...
- Merry Maids is a management franchise opportunity. The Merry Maids unique professional home cleaning system combines efficient two-person cleaning teams with effective management and proven marketing procedures. Regardless of your previous experience, our systematic approach to training, cleaning, o...
- Bill Grant - Merry Maids of Inverness
- “ServiceMaster Ltd.’s franchise offerings are historically successful in the residential services market I had identified as being appropriate to the geographical area in which I wished to operate.”“I would commend anyone interested to investigate ServiceMaster Ltd.’s franchise offerings seriously a...
- Nicola Morris - Merry Maids of Fylde & Blackpool & Preston
- “Having decided on a cleaning franchise, Merry Maids offered the best model for my requirements – employing staff and personal involvement with customers. Merry Maids offered the most cost efficient model for running this kind of business and I found the team at Merry Maids approachable and helpful...
- Tom Jackson - Merry Maids of Dudley, Solihull, Wolverhampton & South Birmingham
- “Started with one franchise 15 years ago and now I own four areas, employing in excess of 40 members of staff. Head office give as much support as you want or need and the network of other business owners is fantastic!”
- Merry Maids – 2020 in review
- 22 January 2021
- Back in 2019 when we were evaluating our brand and making decisions for 2020, we could never have predicted what was in store for our franchise in 2020. That said, our brand has developed, our franchise owners have built resilient businesses that have stood the difficult trading conditions that...
- 2021 – What does it mean for Merry Maids?
- 22 January 2021
- If you are thinking about joining our brand this year, but have concerns over the current situation and the effect that it may have, this blog is for you. In 2020, the Merry Maids franchise became stronger as it adapted to the ‘new normal’ and as such, pushed the business model to new heights. ...
- Why the domestic cleaning market is a great place to invest
- 27 October 2020
- Domestic cleaning has been around for many years and despite many wrongly assuming that it is just for the wealthy, continues to grow in popularity due to more and more of others choosing to spend our time NOT cleaning. The growth in demand for domestic cleaning can certainly be blamed on the f...
- Merry Maids franchisee voted one of the most inspirational & successful
- 26 April 2018
- Most Inspirational and Successful Women in the Franchise Industry One of our own, Nicky Morris of Merry Maids Fylde & Blackpool is considered one of the most inspirational and successful women in the franchise industry according to Franchise Magazine. Nicky has owned her Merry Maids franchise si...
- From Business Banker to Business Owner
- 26 April 2018
- A former banker has entered the world of domestic cleaning in Wakefield and South Leeds and has vowed to exceed customer expectations in her new venture. mm-wakefield-ginaGina Glendinning of Wakefield, is the new owner of Merry Maids of Wakefield and South Leeds, which is a franchise of ServiceMas...
- Proud New Owner of Merry Maids of Wigan & East Lancs
- 26 April 2018
- A former respite care coordinator and customer sales advisor, has entered the world of domestic cleaning in Wigan, and has vowed to exceed customer expectations in her new venture. Angelika Bonomally, is the new owner of Merry Maids of Wigan & East Lancs, a franchise of ServiceMaster. Merry Maids ...
- ServiceMaster adds a fifth brand to its UK franchise portfolio as it acquires rosemary bookkeeping
- 06 September 2017
- ServiceMaster Ltd has acquired the Rosemary Bookkeeping franchise business, for an undisclosed fee, as it looks to grow its operation across the UK. The Leicester-based business, ServiceMaster, is one of the UK’s largest and longest-established multi-brand franchisors, having launched in the UK in...
- Merry Maids Receives Two New Investors To The Network
- 04 April 2017
- Merry Maids, one of the UK’s leading domestic cleaning franchises, has welcomed two new investors into its network, Mylin Lasham and Gary Rolfe. Mylin Lasham chose to invest in an existing franchise territory in Moray, near to Inverness from long-standing and award-winning Merry Maids franchisee, ...
- Merry Maids of Inverness raises £580 for Highland Hospice
- 18 October 2016
- A domestic cleaning franchise in Inverness has raised £580 for local charity, Highland Hospice after taking part in the Run for Colour event in the town.15 members of the Merry Maids of Inverness team, who have provided domestic cleaning services to residents across Inverness and Inverness-shire sin...
- Cleaning company makes donation to Brian House Children’s Hospice
- 24 May 2016
- An award-winning, domestic cleaning business in Blackpool has donated £630 to Brian House Children’s Hospice after raising funds via its Customer Loyalty Scheme.Merry Maids, which operates across Blackpool, Fylde and Preston launched the option of a £5 donation to Brian House Children’s Hospice as p...
- Cleaning up: Inverness franchise wins top award
- 14 May 2016
- A domestic cleaning franchise in Inverness has beaten over 70 other businesses to the top award within the national franchise network it operates in.Merry Maids of Inverness owner Bill Grant, a franchisee of ServiceMaster Limited picked up the Dallen Peterson Founders Award as a result of outstandin...
- Family-run cleaning company in Stafford celebrates 20 years service
- 01 April 2016
- An award-winning, family-run, domestic cleaning company in Stafford is celebrating 20 years of service to its loyal customer base.Merry Maids of Stafford, which is a franchise of one the world’s leading and largest domestic cleaning companies, Merry Maids, was launched in 1996 by Barbara and Ian Rob...
- Spring in her step: new owner for Ilkley & Skipton cleaning franchise
- 11 March 2016
- With the spring cleaning season approaching, an established domestic cleaning franchise serving Ilkley and Skipton has been bought out by local businesswoman, Emma Cabry.Yorkshire-born and bred, Emma, 35, chose to leave her 17-year management career to invest in Merry Maids, one of the UK’s leading ...
- Merry Maids Operations Manager Helping to end Polio in India
- 11 March 2016
- Merry Maids brand operations manager and local Rotarian from Grantham, Catriona Berry and her husband Peter, have returned after joining fellow Rotarians for National Immunisation Day in India to immunise thousands of children against Polio.Catriona said: “When we arrived in, there was procession th...
- Lanarkshire family business invests in second generation
- 08 March 2016
- A local entrepreneur has invested in her domestic cleaning business after employing her daughter to maintain the company’s high standards of customer service as it expands.Angela and David Greenwood launched their domestic cleaning business Merry Maids of Lanarkshire in 2003 and serve customers in H...
- A domestic cleaning franchise has launched in Wigan as local entrepreneurial sisters invest in their own business together.
- 01 July 2015
- Merry Maids is a franchise of ServiceMaster Ltd, based in Leicestershire with over 55 years’ experience as a franchisor. Founded in 1979 in the US, Merry Maids launched in the UK in 1990 and has seen three new franchises launch in the last six months. Mandy Ascroft and Trish Malley have taken owne...
- Established business owners take on new challenge in Southampton
- The owners of ServiceMaster Clean Southampton, a domestic and commercial carpet and specialist cleaning franchise, have invested in a second business which offers domestic home cleaning services. Kevin and Anna Riley have managed their ServiceMaster Clean franchise since 2002 and purchased the Mer...
- Merry Maids Blackpool & Fylde opens Preston office
- 26 June 2015
- An award-winning domestic cleaning company is expanding its operation by opening an office in Preston as it looks to develop the business further. Currently serving customers in Blackpool and Fylde since 2002, business owners Nicky Morris is being joined by her husband, Steve Morris to head up the n...
- Merry Maids launches in Melton Mowbray and Loughborough
- 26 June 2015
- National domestic cleaning franchise, Merry Maids has welcomed businesswoman, Lynnette Romeril as its latest investor in Merry Maids of Melton Mowbray and Loughborough. The local franchise operates across north Leicestershire, serving a potential 80,000 customers Originally from Jersey, Lynnette h...
- Merry Maids welcomes a new franchise owner!
- 24 October 2013
- ServiceMaster are delighted to announce that Richard Brimblecombe has become the latest franchise owner to join the Merry Maids network, where he now operates the Bedford area. No stranger to running his own business, Richard has previously operated his own multi-office Estate Agency as well as...
- Be supported by a bfa Franchisor of the Year finalist!
- 03 June 2013
- Choosing which franchise to invest in is a big decision. Luckily, the decision just got a little bit easier because ServiceMaster Ltd, who operate and support Merry Maids, ServiceMaster Clean, Furniture Medic and TruGreen franchises are finalists in the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2013. ...
- Merry Maids BFA
- 11 March 2013
- In October 2012, the business owners of the Merry Maids Stafford franchise were delighted when they became regional finalists in the Franchisee of the Year 2012 Award, organised by the British Franchise Association (BFA).The Franchisee of the Year Award is the biggest award a franchise owner can...
- Merry Maids to the Rescue as DIY Screams SOS
- 11 March 2013
- Merry Maids’ cleaning professionals were left on tenterhooks recently as they waited to see if they appeared in an episode of BBC1’s DIY SOS!In the show, a family are nominated to receive the completion of their half-finished home DIY project by the expert team at DIY SOS, and local trades and b...
- Merry Maids of Fylde, Blackpool and Preston - Nicky Morris
- “I had previously worked in banking, investments and sales and had studied for an HND in Business Management as a full-time mature student. Having spent a couple of years searching for the right business opportunity, I knew I had hit on the right idea when I read a review of domestic cleaning franch...
- Merry Maids Croydon - Debbie Walker
- Merry Maids is a management franchise and people’s business. Debbie Walker has been business owner of the Croydon area since 2003 and is also mum to children aged ten and eight. Debbie says, “Before my Merry Maids business, I worked for over ten years as a Business Sales Manager in both the B2B a...