Merry Maids - Cleaning Franchise
The domestic cleaning franchise where the numbers speak for themselves.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £10,000
- Total Investment: from £5,999 + VAT
- Available areas
- Franchise opportunities available throughout the UK and Ireland. Network Size: 51-100 units
World-renowned domestic cleaning franchise
Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster group and a leader in the home cleaning service industry which is worth more than £4.7 billion.
Secure your share of a multi-billion-pound industry by realising your dreams and purchasing your own Merry Maids domestic cleaning franchise. A franchise with us is the perfect opportunity to own your own successful cleaning business with the support and proven model of a world-renowned franchisor.
Who We Are
Merry Maids was established almost 40 years ago and operates internationally. In the UK we have almost 100 franchised businesses operating under licence and in territory. Merry Maids is part of the ServiceMaster family of brands.
We believe in providing a bespoke, professional domestic cleaning service to our customers by ensuring that their requirements are fully met through our tailored service. Merry Maids customers only pay for the work that they want completing and by that, no two customers are the same. Our customers enjoy the fact that they are treat uniquely when it comes to the cleaning of their home.
Merry Maids is the name for quality and customer service excellence.
This is a genuine management franchise opportunity with open-ended earning capabilities for an individual who is looking to start a business, using an established brand name in an ever-growing market.
With the support of a thriving franchise network and unrivalled back up from franchising experts ServiceMaster, who have nearly 60 years’ UK franchising experience, the Merry Maids model is a proven recipe to business success.
The focus will be on recruiting, training and managing staff as well as building customer relationships. We will teach you how to train your team members and when properly trained you will have motivated staff who will provide your customers with a reliable and guaranteed service
As the business owner, you will visit prospective Merry Maids customers to give them a bespoke in-house quotation. Following the successful conversion from prospect to customer, employed teams of maids provide regular and one-off, spring cleans and end of tenancy cleans, following the Merry Maids’ cleaning systems, using our unique products to homes within your specially selected and unique territory.
Our franchisees benefit from up to 90% recurring income and up to 35% profit margins.
As a Merry Maids franchisee, you can benefit from the following:
- No experience is necessary! Full training is provided (read more below)
- Flexibility – you can work from home, no evenings, weekends or bank holidays
- Enjoy up to 35% profit margins and up to 90% recurring income
- Brand Management System – Built by franchisees for franchisees
- Low set up costs
- Proven money-making model – Merry Maids unique and methodical process of domestic cleaning
- Recognised brand (almost 40 years old) and unique Merry Maids territory
- Support from a team of qualified franchise professionals – Operations, Marketing, HR, IT…
- Established franchise network for advice & support
- Website, Marketing & PR launch
- Exclusive Merry Maids/ServiceMaster products & equipment
- Franchise Support Centre – a team of over 50 individuals dedicated to supporting all of our franchised businesses and national customers
Merry Maids established brand, proven model and unique Merry Maids territory.
No prior cleaning or management experience is necessary as we provide a comprehensive three-week training academy including practical and theoretical training for each aspect of managing a Merry Maids franchise. The three-week academy includes two weeks of classroom training, covering business operations and management, marketing and publicity, financial management and support and a further week of on-the-job training with an existing franchisee.
Ongoing training, support and tools are also easy to obtain over the phone, in person and via our online portal where you can access further information, advice & business tools such as business and marketing plan templates, ‘how to’ guides and the operations manual. You are never alone with a ServiceMaster franchise.
As well as receiving the operations manual, unique territory and the brand name of Merry Maids, a new business owner will also receive; products, equipment, uniforms, business stationery, bespoke business management software, PR launch, website, pre-paid on and offline marketing and much, much more.
Is a Merry Maids franchise for you?
Merry Maids’ success is built upon our understanding that time is a precious commodity and that domestic cleaning services can take a lot of stress out of our client’s lives, so a cool head and excellent customer service skills are essential.
We deliver in home quotations to our prospective customers so an empathetic, understanding and warming character is certainly a bonus to help convert prospects in to loyal customers.
Experience in the cleaning industry is certainly not necessary, but the interest to learn a new trade and to work with the franchise model is a must! In return you will reap the benefits by following a proven model to turn your initial investment in to a solid money-making domestic cleaning business.
Does Merry Maids sound like the franchise opportunity for you?
Could you be our next Merry Maids Franchisee?
If you are interested in becoming a Merry Maids partner please complete the short form below.
You’ll receive our prospectus and our Brand Leader will make contact with you to tell you a little more.
At some point we would love to meet with you! Our face to face meetings are completely relaxed and informal and can be held at our Franchise Support Centre where you can meet the whole team, or we can come locally to you. They are a great opportunity to take a look at our financial projections, plot out a territory and have a sneak peek at our working Merry Maids model.
We’ll inform you of our next training academy dates and a refundable deposit of £2,000 will reserve your territory if you decide that you’d like to partner with us.
Our minimum investment is £5999 + VAT which is 30% of the total franchise fee. The 70% remaining balance can be financed through most major banks subject to status and this is to be paid in full ahead of our training academy.
Take the next step in becoming your own boss of a world-renowned domestic cleaning franchise in multi-billion-pound industry. We look forward to receiving your enquiry.
- Merry Maids Support
- At Merry Maids, our senior executives and support team perpetuate our corporate objectives and provide opportunities for valuable input from the franchise owners we serve.
- Why choose a Merry Maids franchise...
- Merry Maids is a management franchise opportunity. The Merry Maids unique professional home cleaning system combines efficient two-person cleaning teams with effective management and proven marketing procedures. Regardless of your previous experience, our systematic approach to training, cleaning, o...
- Nicola Morris - Merry Maids of Fylde & Blackpool & Preston
- “Having decided on a cleaning franchise, Merry Maids offered the best model for my requirements – employing staff and personal involvement with customers. Merry Maids offered the most cost efficient model for running this kind of business and I found the team at Merry Maids approachable and helpful...
- Tom Jackson - Merry Maids of Dudley, Solihull, Wolverhampton & South Birmingham
- “Started with one franchise 15 years ago and now I own four areas, employing in excess of 40 members of staff. Head office give as much support as you want or need and the network of other business owners is fantastic!”
- Bill Grant - Merry Maids of Inverness
- “ServiceMaster Ltd.’s franchise offerings are historically successful in the residential services market I had identified as being appropriate to the geographical area in which I wished to operate.”“I would commend anyone interested to investigate ServiceMaster Ltd.’s franchise offerings seriously a...
- Merry Maids franchisee voted one of the most inspirational & successful
- 26 April 2018
- Most Inspirational and Successful Women in the Franchise Industry One of our own, Nicky Morris of Merry Maids Fylde & Blackpool is considered one of the most inspirational and successful women in the franchise industry according to Franchise Magazine. Nicky has owned her Merry Maids franchise si...
- From Business Banker to Business Owner
- 26 April 2018
- A former banker has entered the world of domestic cleaning in Wakefield and South Leeds and has vowed to exceed customer expectations in her new venture. mm-wakefield-ginaGina Glendinning of Wakefield, is the new owner of Merry Maids of Wakefield and South Leeds, which is a franchise of ServiceMas...
- Proud New Owner of Merry Maids of Wigan & East Lancs
- 26 April 2018
- A former respite care coordinator and customer sales advisor, has entered the world of domestic cleaning in Wigan, and has vowed to exceed customer expectations in her new venture. Angelika Bonomally, is the new owner of Merry Maids of Wigan & East Lancs, a franchise of ServiceMaster. Merry Maids ...
- ServiceMaster adds a fifth brand to its UK franchise portfolio as it acquires rosemary bookkeeping
- 06 September 2017
- ServiceMaster Ltd has acquired the Rosemary Bookkeeping franchise business, for an undisclosed fee, as it looks to grow its operation across the UK. The Leicester-based business, ServiceMaster, is one of the UK’s largest and longest-established multi-brand franchisors, having launched in the UK in...
- Merry Maids Receives Two New Investors To The Network
- 04 April 2017
- Merry Maids, one of the UK’s leading domestic cleaning franchises, has welcomed two new investors into its network, Mylin Lasham and Gary Rolfe. Mylin Lasham chose to invest in an existing franchise territory in Moray, near to Inverness from long-standing and award-winning Merry Maids franchisee, ...
- Merry Maids of Inverness raises £580 for Highland Hospice
- 18 October 2016
- A domestic cleaning franchise in Inverness has raised £580 for local charity, Highland Hospice after taking part in the Run for Colour event in the town.15 members of the Merry Maids of Inverness team, who have provided domestic cleaning services to residents across Inverness and Inverness-shire sin...
- Cleaning company makes donation to Brian House Children’s Hospice
- 24 May 2016
- An award-winning, domestic cleaning business in Blackpool has donated £630 to Brian House Children’s Hospice after raising funds via its Customer Loyalty Scheme.Merry Maids, which operates across Blackpool, Fylde and Preston launched the option of a £5 donation to Brian House Children’s Hospice as p...
- Cleaning up: Inverness franchise wins top award
- 14 May 2016
- A domestic cleaning franchise in Inverness has beaten over 70 other businesses to the top award within the national franchise network it operates in.Merry Maids of Inverness owner Bill Grant, a franchisee of ServiceMaster Limited picked up the Dallen Peterson Founders Award as a result of outstandin...
- Family-run cleaning company in Stafford celebrates 20 years service
- 01 April 2016
- An award-winning, family-run, domestic cleaning company in Stafford is celebrating 20 years of service to its loyal customer base.Merry Maids of Stafford, which is a franchise of one the world’s leading and largest domestic cleaning companies, Merry Maids, was launched in 1996 by Barbara and Ian Rob...
- Spring in her step: new owner for Ilkley & Skipton cleaning franchise
- 11 March 2016
- With the spring cleaning season approaching, an established domestic cleaning franchise serving Ilkley and Skipton has been bought out by local businesswoman, Emma Cabry.Yorkshire-born and bred, Emma, 35, chose to leave her 17-year management career to invest in Merry Maids, one of the UK’s leading ...
- Merry Maids Operations Manager Helping to end Polio in India
- 11 March 2016
- Merry Maids brand operations manager and local Rotarian from Grantham, Catriona Berry and her husband Peter, have returned after joining fellow Rotarians for National Immunisation Day in India to immunise thousands of children against Polio.Catriona said: “When we arrived in, there was procession th...
- Lanarkshire family business invests in second generation
- 08 March 2016
- A local entrepreneur has invested in her domestic cleaning business after employing her daughter to maintain the company’s high standards of customer service as it expands.Angela and David Greenwood launched their domestic cleaning business Merry Maids of Lanarkshire in 2003 and serve customers in H...
- A domestic cleaning franchise has launched in Wigan as local entrepreneurial sisters invest in their own business together.
- 01 July 2015
- Merry Maids is a franchise of ServiceMaster Ltd, based in Leicestershire with over 55 years’ experience as a franchisor. Founded in 1979 in the US, Merry Maids launched in the UK in 1990 and has seen three new franchises launch in the last six months. Mandy Ascroft and Trish Malley have taken owne...
- Merry Maids Blackpool & Fylde opens Preston office
- 26 June 2015
- An award-winning domestic cleaning company is expanding its operation by opening an office in Preston as it looks to develop the business further. Currently serving customers in Blackpool and Fylde since 2002, business owners Nicky Morris is being joined by her husband, Steve Morris to head up the n...
- Established business owners take on new challenge in Southampton
- The owners of ServiceMaster Clean Southampton, a domestic and commercial carpet and specialist cleaning franchise, have invested in a second business which offers domestic home cleaning services. Kevin and Anna Riley have managed their ServiceMaster Clean franchise since 2002 and purchased the Mer...
- Merry Maids launches in Melton Mowbray and Loughborough
- 26 June 2015
- National domestic cleaning franchise, Merry Maids has welcomed businesswoman, Lynnette Romeril as its latest investor in Merry Maids of Melton Mowbray and Loughborough. The local franchise operates across north Leicestershire, serving a potential 80,000 customers Originally from Jersey, Lynnette h...
- Merry Maids welcomes a new franchise owner!
- 24 October 2013
- ServiceMaster are delighted to announce that Richard Brimblecombe has become the latest franchise owner to join the Merry Maids network, where he now operates the Bedford area. No stranger to running his own business, Richard has previously operated his own multi-office Estate Agency as well as...
- Be supported by a bfa Franchisor of the Year finalist!
- 03 June 2013
- Choosing which franchise to invest in is a big decision. Luckily, the decision just got a little bit easier because ServiceMaster Ltd, who operate and support Merry Maids, ServiceMaster Clean, Furniture Medic and TruGreen franchises are finalists in the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2013. ...
- Merry Maids BFA
- 11 March 2013
- In October 2012, the business owners of the Merry Maids Stafford franchise were delighted when they became regional finalists in the Franchisee of the Year 2012 Award, organised by the British Franchise Association (BFA).The Franchisee of the Year Award is the biggest award a franchise owner can...
- Merry Maids to the Rescue as DIY Screams SOS
- 11 March 2013
- Merry Maids’ cleaning professionals were left on tenterhooks recently as they waited to see if they appeared in an episode of BBC1’s DIY SOS!In the show, a family are nominated to receive the completion of their half-finished home DIY project by the expert team at DIY SOS, and local trades and b...
- Merry Maids of Fylde, Blackpool and Preston - Nicky Morris
- “I had previously worked in banking, investments and sales and had studied for an HND in Business Management as a full-time mature student. Having spent a couple of years searching for the right business opportunity, I knew I had hit on the right idea when I read a review of domestic cleaning franch...
- Merry Maids Croydon - Debbie Walker
- Merry Maids is a management franchise and people’s business. Debbie Walker has been business owner of the Croydon area since 2003 and is also mum to children aged ten and eight. Debbie says, “Before my Merry Maids business, I worked for over ten years as a Business Sales Manager in both the B2B a...