Merry Maids - Cleaning Franchise
The domestic cleaning franchise where the numbers speak for themselves.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £10,000
- Total Investment: from £5,999 + VAT
- Available areas
- Franchise opportunities available throughout the UK and Ireland. Network Size: 51-100 units
Partner up with a world-renowned domestic cleaning franchise with almost forty years industry experience to give you the recipe for success, support and a head start in your new business adventure.
At Merry Maids we understand the frustrations around wanting to be in business for yourself, but the fears around being in it by yourself can be overwhelming and off-putting.
We help individuals to become successful entrepreneurs through understanding their motivations, concerns and goals in life.
Do any of the below motivations apply to you?
- Looking for more flexibility?
- Hoping to line your own pockets and not someone else’s?
- Aspiring to be your own boss?
- Looking to create a career, not a job?
- Responding to demand?
- Confident that you can do it better?
- You dislike the job or your boss, or both?
- Interested in realising an uncapped earning potential?
- Wanting to benefit from tax relief?
- Desperate to escape the corporate world?
- Desiring to Fulfil your ego – Be a Director/Owner/CEO
- Would like to build a family business to hand down to generations to come?
If any apply to you, then your motivations to start your own business are perfectly justified. We have worked with individuals just like you to help make their dreams become a reality. Don’t just take our word for it!
Gina of Merry Maids of Wakefield did it, you can too…
“The stresses and strains of corporate life were taking their toll and I needed to put ‘me’ first. First 7 months completed and I can certainly say I have a far greater work life balance and can always find time during the week to lift my head above water.”
So did Bill Grant of Merry Maids of Inverness…
“I’d been working previously as a jewellery sales rep for a couple of years, selling mostly into gift retail. Travelling throughout UK and Ireland I met many independent retailers, almost all of whom seemed to be happy; one or two were very successful, everyone else seemed to be doing ok, but the key thing was that everyone seemed to be living and working where they wanted to be and were happy. I thought; I want to be in the Highlands of Scotland and I’d like to be happy (I also thought I’d like to be hugely successful too). So now, 25 years and two or three business changes later and into my 11th year of running Merry Maids of Inverness & East Highland, I’m still living happily in The Highlands of Scotland and enjoying the success that happiness brings.”
What is a Merry Maids franchise?
The Merry Maids Franchise gives you the perfect opportunity to leave behind the shackles of the corporate 9 – 5 world and become your own boss!
We have a proven business model, established brand and unlimited support on hand to help you every step of the way in your new business.
Merry Maids provide bespoke domestic cleaning services to homes within a pre-designated territory. We use all of our own specialist products and equipment to clean to the highest standard. Our fully trained, professional standard maids are employed by us directly and deliver professional cleaning services weekdays, typically 9:00am – 3:00pm based on the in-home customer quotation completed by you. As a business owner you will manage your growing domestic cleaning business effectively through the help and support provided by Merry Maids UK.
It’s not all about managing staff either. It’s about building strong relationships with your customers through in-home quotations and quality visits. You are the face of the business and people buy from people!
‘People’ need a domestic cleaning service for many reasons. Perhaps they have a young family, ill health, no time or prefer a job professionally done. It’s your job as a business owner to understand your customers’ needs exactly, so that you can provide a personalised service to match. You can really make a difference to someone’s life by the services that your business provides, especially when you provide them well!
What do you need from us?
To get you started, our franchise fee includes the following:
- Merry Maids brand Manual, territory & operating license
- 3 weeks of comprehensive training
- Marketing Launch
- Products, Equipment, uniforms & printed stationery/literature
- Business Management System
What is stopping you?
It is no secret that the biggest barriers to setting up your own business include, lack of funding, lack of confidence, lack of support and a Lack of good business advice!
That’s where partnering up with a world-renowned franchise comes in.
As recognised, established, full bfa (British Franchise Association) members, our prospective franchisees are able to receive funding of up to 70% of the total franchise fee (subject to personal status of course).
If you are passionate, resilient and focused, your confidence as a business owner will develop through our coaching and mentoring. You will work directly with the Merry Maids brand manager to build your confidence through your newly found knowledge and expertise in domestic cleaning and business acumen.
We are fortunate enough to have a fantastic support structure built for our business owners to lean on when they need to. Support is provided on all elements of the business including operations, marketing, HR, accounts, IT, and our products, equipment and systems.
Many individuals are warned of going in to business for themselves and do not ever get to fully understand the benefits and the difference of a franchised business. We can only speak for ourselves, but we provide you with our operating model and financial projections so that you can make an informed decision as to whether our franchise opportunity is right for you!
How to start your new career
If you would like to make a future for yourself, but not by yourself with the help of a world-renowned domestic cleaning franchise, you should register your interest with us below.
We’ll shortly be in touch with our business prospectus and you’ll receive some additional information with regards to our opportunity throughout your research process.
If you like what you see, we would love to see if we are right for each other at a Merry Maids discovery meeting. They are the perfect opportunity to discuss the business model, plot a territory, try the products and of course meet our support team.
Please ask for our availability.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Merry Maids Support
- At Merry Maids, our senior executives and support team perpetuate our corporate objectives and provide opportunities for valuable input from the franchise owners we serve.
- Why choose a Merry Maids franchise...
- Merry Maids is a management franchise opportunity. The Merry Maids unique professional home cleaning system combines efficient two-person cleaning teams with effective management and proven marketing procedures. Regardless of your previous experience, our systematic approach to training, cleaning, o...
- Nicola Morris - Merry Maids of Fylde & Blackpool & Preston
- “Having decided on a cleaning franchise, Merry Maids offered the best model for my requirements – employing staff and personal involvement with customers. Merry Maids offered the most cost efficient model for running this kind of business and I found the team at Merry Maids approachable and helpful...
- Tom Jackson - Merry Maids of Dudley, Solihull, Wolverhampton & South Birmingham
- “Started with one franchise 15 years ago and now I own four areas, employing in excess of 40 members of staff. Head office give as much support as you want or need and the network of other business owners is fantastic!”
- Bill Grant - Merry Maids of Inverness
- “ServiceMaster Ltd.’s franchise offerings are historically successful in the residential services market I had identified as being appropriate to the geographical area in which I wished to operate.”“I would commend anyone interested to investigate ServiceMaster Ltd.’s franchise offerings seriously a...
- Merry Maids franchisee voted one of the most inspirational & successful
- 26 April 2018
- Most Inspirational and Successful Women in the Franchise Industry One of our own, Nicky Morris of Merry Maids Fylde & Blackpool is considered one of the most inspirational and successful women in the franchise industry according to Franchise Magazine. Nicky has owned her Merry Maids franchise si...
- From Business Banker to Business Owner
- 26 April 2018
- A former banker has entered the world of domestic cleaning in Wakefield and South Leeds and has vowed to exceed customer expectations in her new venture. mm-wakefield-ginaGina Glendinning of Wakefield, is the new owner of Merry Maids of Wakefield and South Leeds, which is a franchise of ServiceMas...
- Proud New Owner of Merry Maids of Wigan & East Lancs
- 26 April 2018
- A former respite care coordinator and customer sales advisor, has entered the world of domestic cleaning in Wigan, and has vowed to exceed customer expectations in her new venture. Angelika Bonomally, is the new owner of Merry Maids of Wigan & East Lancs, a franchise of ServiceMaster. Merry Maids ...
- ServiceMaster adds a fifth brand to its UK franchise portfolio as it acquires rosemary bookkeeping
- 06 September 2017
- ServiceMaster Ltd has acquired the Rosemary Bookkeeping franchise business, for an undisclosed fee, as it looks to grow its operation across the UK. The Leicester-based business, ServiceMaster, is one of the UK’s largest and longest-established multi-brand franchisors, having launched in the UK in...
- Merry Maids Receives Two New Investors To The Network
- 04 April 2017
- Merry Maids, one of the UK’s leading domestic cleaning franchises, has welcomed two new investors into its network, Mylin Lasham and Gary Rolfe. Mylin Lasham chose to invest in an existing franchise territory in Moray, near to Inverness from long-standing and award-winning Merry Maids franchisee, ...
- Merry Maids of Inverness raises £580 for Highland Hospice
- 18 October 2016
- A domestic cleaning franchise in Inverness has raised £580 for local charity, Highland Hospice after taking part in the Run for Colour event in the town.15 members of the Merry Maids of Inverness team, who have provided domestic cleaning services to residents across Inverness and Inverness-shire sin...
- Cleaning company makes donation to Brian House Children’s Hospice
- 24 May 2016
- An award-winning, domestic cleaning business in Blackpool has donated £630 to Brian House Children’s Hospice after raising funds via its Customer Loyalty Scheme.Merry Maids, which operates across Blackpool, Fylde and Preston launched the option of a £5 donation to Brian House Children’s Hospice as p...
- Cleaning up: Inverness franchise wins top award
- 14 May 2016
- A domestic cleaning franchise in Inverness has beaten over 70 other businesses to the top award within the national franchise network it operates in.Merry Maids of Inverness owner Bill Grant, a franchisee of ServiceMaster Limited picked up the Dallen Peterson Founders Award as a result of outstandin...
- Family-run cleaning company in Stafford celebrates 20 years service
- 01 April 2016
- An award-winning, family-run, domestic cleaning company in Stafford is celebrating 20 years of service to its loyal customer base.Merry Maids of Stafford, which is a franchise of one the world’s leading and largest domestic cleaning companies, Merry Maids, was launched in 1996 by Barbara and Ian Rob...
- Spring in her step: new owner for Ilkley & Skipton cleaning franchise
- 11 March 2016
- With the spring cleaning season approaching, an established domestic cleaning franchise serving Ilkley and Skipton has been bought out by local businesswoman, Emma Cabry.Yorkshire-born and bred, Emma, 35, chose to leave her 17-year management career to invest in Merry Maids, one of the UK’s leading ...
- Merry Maids Operations Manager Helping to end Polio in India
- 11 March 2016
- Merry Maids brand operations manager and local Rotarian from Grantham, Catriona Berry and her husband Peter, have returned after joining fellow Rotarians for National Immunisation Day in India to immunise thousands of children against Polio.Catriona said: “When we arrived in, there was procession th...
- Lanarkshire family business invests in second generation
- 08 March 2016
- A local entrepreneur has invested in her domestic cleaning business after employing her daughter to maintain the company’s high standards of customer service as it expands.Angela and David Greenwood launched their domestic cleaning business Merry Maids of Lanarkshire in 2003 and serve customers in H...
- A domestic cleaning franchise has launched in Wigan as local entrepreneurial sisters invest in their own business together.
- 01 July 2015
- Merry Maids is a franchise of ServiceMaster Ltd, based in Leicestershire with over 55 years’ experience as a franchisor. Founded in 1979 in the US, Merry Maids launched in the UK in 1990 and has seen three new franchises launch in the last six months. Mandy Ascroft and Trish Malley have taken owne...
- Merry Maids Blackpool & Fylde opens Preston office
- 26 June 2015
- An award-winning domestic cleaning company is expanding its operation by opening an office in Preston as it looks to develop the business further. Currently serving customers in Blackpool and Fylde since 2002, business owners Nicky Morris is being joined by her husband, Steve Morris to head up the n...
- Established business owners take on new challenge in Southampton
- The owners of ServiceMaster Clean Southampton, a domestic and commercial carpet and specialist cleaning franchise, have invested in a second business which offers domestic home cleaning services. Kevin and Anna Riley have managed their ServiceMaster Clean franchise since 2002 and purchased the Mer...
- Merry Maids launches in Melton Mowbray and Loughborough
- 26 June 2015
- National domestic cleaning franchise, Merry Maids has welcomed businesswoman, Lynnette Romeril as its latest investor in Merry Maids of Melton Mowbray and Loughborough. The local franchise operates across north Leicestershire, serving a potential 80,000 customers Originally from Jersey, Lynnette h...
- Merry Maids welcomes a new franchise owner!
- 24 October 2013
- ServiceMaster are delighted to announce that Richard Brimblecombe has become the latest franchise owner to join the Merry Maids network, where he now operates the Bedford area. No stranger to running his own business, Richard has previously operated his own multi-office Estate Agency as well as...
- Be supported by a bfa Franchisor of the Year finalist!
- 03 June 2013
- Choosing which franchise to invest in is a big decision. Luckily, the decision just got a little bit easier because ServiceMaster Ltd, who operate and support Merry Maids, ServiceMaster Clean, Furniture Medic and TruGreen franchises are finalists in the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2013. ...
- Merry Maids BFA
- 11 March 2013
- In October 2012, the business owners of the Merry Maids Stafford franchise were delighted when they became regional finalists in the Franchisee of the Year 2012 Award, organised by the British Franchise Association (BFA).The Franchisee of the Year Award is the biggest award a franchise owner can...
- Merry Maids to the Rescue as DIY Screams SOS
- 11 March 2013
- Merry Maids’ cleaning professionals were left on tenterhooks recently as they waited to see if they appeared in an episode of BBC1’s DIY SOS!In the show, a family are nominated to receive the completion of their half-finished home DIY project by the expert team at DIY SOS, and local trades and b...
- Merry Maids of Fylde, Blackpool and Preston - Nicky Morris
- “I had previously worked in banking, investments and sales and had studied for an HND in Business Management as a full-time mature student. Having spent a couple of years searching for the right business opportunity, I knew I had hit on the right idea when I read a review of domestic cleaning franch...
- Merry Maids Croydon - Debbie Walker
- Merry Maids is a management franchise and people’s business. Debbie Walker has been business owner of the Croydon area since 2003 and is also mum to children aged ten and eight. Debbie says, “Before my Merry Maids business, I worked for over ten years as a Business Sales Manager in both the B2B a...