Minster Cleaning Services - Commercial Cleaning Franchise
The UK's largest B2B commercial cleaning franchise, providing franchisees with exclusive territories for management of office cleaners.
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £28,225 + VAT
- Working Capital: £40,000 to £60,000
- Available areas
- Cambridgeshire, Doncaster and Lincoln, Durham and Sunderland, Leicestershire, Middlesex, Peterborough, Swansea, Guildford
WHY CHOOSE MINSTER?
Minster Cleaning Services is the UK’s largest commercial cleaning franchise business and has been established for 35 years with branches across the UK. We offer exceptional support to help your business succeed. With expertise in marketing, operations, finance and IT, we’ll provide you with the necessary business tools and training to make sure you’re set up quickly and seeing a healthy return on your investment.
Across our franchise network, our top branches are each achieving sales in excess of £2 million and half are achieving sales of more than £1 million with £200k + net profit potential. Our territories are large and exclusive to each branch offering a wide geographical target market to maximise.
On average franchisees have been with us for 14 years, showing that our tried and tested business model works and is providing secure and profitable futures for our partners.
LOW RISK OPPORTUNITY
Our management franchise business offers a low risk opportunity with a guaranteed geographic territory. Thousands of local organisations throughout the UK trust Minster to take care of their cleaning requirements. Sectors include general office, manufacturing, leisure, local government, retail, education and healthcare (including medical and dental practices requiring specialist cleaning).
There are opportunities to develop high returns in a recession resistant and growing commercial cleaning sector and Minster Cleaning Services is a well recognised brand name throughout the industry.
Resale opportuntiies are currently available in the following areas:
Please enquire below if you are interested.
- Doncaster and Lincoln
- Durham and Sunderland
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
We offer one week’s initial training at our Birmingham Head Office covering operational aspects of running a Minster Cleaning Services business. You will then also receive structured visits within your branch from Head Office support team members over a further 8 week period, plus ongoing support and guidance as required.
New Branch Investment
Licence, Territory & Training: £22,000
Supplies (Guide prices only)
- Marketing launch package: £5,025
- Computer Hardware: £1,000
- Miscellaneous Stationery: £200
Total Initial Package: £28,225 + VAT
Working Capital Requirement £40,000 - £60,000 (estimated, dependent on drawings and financial costs)
Note: Finance support is available from leading high street banks, subject to status.
THE IDEAL MINSTER CLEANING SERVICES FRANCHISEE
Our franchisees are special – we look for people with drive, ambition and determination to achieve their goals. You will be a people person who is customer-focused and totally committed to the business. As a strong motivator, you will need to lead, manage and direct a workforce. By following Minster’s systems, you will be building a rock solid investment for the future.
MINSTER CLEANING SERVICES'S HISTORY
- 1982 - Business started
- 1992 - Business was franchised and became a full member of British Franchise Association
- 1998 – Group turnover reaches £10 million
- 2000 - First branch hits £1 million turnover
- 2002 – Group turnover reaches £20 million
- 2006 - Group turnover reaches £30 million
- 2012 to 2017 - Network turnover grew by 35%
- 2016 – First branch hits £2 million turnover
- Top Tips for Prospective Franchisees
- 12 November 2018
- Mike Parker Managing director at Minster Cleaning ServicesQ: What are your top five tips for a prospective franchisee considering purchasing a franchise? A: 1. Ask ‘awkward’ questions. For example, ask about any failures that the franchisor has had in the network. Try to find out if these were dow...
- New sites, new opportunities at Minster Cleaning Services
- 10 November 2018
- Although the majority of Minster Cleaning Services’ most recent franchisees have joined through the purchase of an established branch, there is much to be said for considering a management franchise in one of the office cleaning specialist’s ‘new’ territories for a fraction of the cost. These are ...
- Family in Franchising
- 09 November 2018
- Arthur joined Minster in 1996 when he bought the Accrington branch. His daughter, Emma, joined the business nine years later. Minster Cleaning Services' Lancashire franchisee, Arthur White, bought the Accrington branch in 1996. Arthur, previously managing director of a manufacturing company, joine...
- Developing Derbyshire
- 27 September 2018
- A well established branch of Minster Cleaning Services has a new owner. The thriving commercial cleaning company’s Derbyshire franchise was purchased as a new start in 1998 and the previous franchisee took over in 2005. New franchisee, Paul Watts chose Minster because he knew that his 30 years’ mana...
- Support is the Key to Success
- 22 June 2012
- A franchise offers a tried and tested business model where failure rates are significantly lower than for independent businesses. But all franchises are not the same and the levels of support that franchisees receive can vary dramatically.Minster Cleaning Services prides itself on its track r...
- Recognition for Franchisees
- 22 June 2012
- According to managing director, Mike Parker, it is the high quality of their franchisees that has made Minster Cleaning Services the biggest franchisor in the UK commercial cleaning sector and a leading force in office cleaning:“Our franchisees have shown that resilience, determination and ma...
- Rob Wilson – Essex
- Rob Wilson spent 20 years running his own retail business before joining Minster Cleaning Services, the highly successful commercial cleaning company. Declining markets and the prospect of even greater dominance by the multiple retailers persuaded him to look for an alternative to his frozen food ...
- Harry and Terence Batwell – Aberdeen
- Father and son team, Harry and Terence Batwell opened their Minster Cleaning Services branch in Aberdeen in July 2011 after the two had spent many years living and working in various parts of Africa and Asia. After deciding to return to Harry's homeland they identified Aberdeen as the ideal locati...
- Richard Holdich – Hull, North & East Yorkshire
- Father and son team, Tony and Richard Holdich opened their Hull, North & East Yorkshire branch of Minster Cleaning Services in 1994. Previously, Tony, a chartered accountant, had worked for various companies in East Yorkshire and Richard, a bio-chemist, was working as a research scientist in the f...
- Kevin Lawley – Norfolk & Suffolk
- After a 30-year career with the Lloyds Banking Group, Kevin Lawley decided to use his extensive range of management skills to go into business for himself. He chose a commercial cleaning franchise and has trebled turnover at the Norfolk & Suffolk branch of Minster Cleaning Services since taking ov...
- Nick Barber – Northampton
- Nick Barber, joined Minster Cleaning Services in 1996 taking on their Northamptonshire & Bedfordshire territory as a 'new start'. Since then, he has grown annual turnover to around £1.8 million; he was named as Minster's Franchisee of the Year in 2010, 2013 and 2015 and was a 2014 B2B bfa Franchis...
- Arthur White & Emma Fenlon – Lancashire
- Minster Cleaning Service's Lancashire franchisee, Arthur White, bought the Accrington branch in 1996. Arthur, previously managing director of a manufacturing company, joined Minster after deciding that his management capabilities and experience could be put to good use running a commercial cleanin...
- Richard Thompson – Berkshire
- When Richard Thompson took over the Berkshire management franchise of Minster Cleaning Services in September 2003, the branch had been operational for seven years. With annual sales more or less stabilised at around £250,000, Richard recognised the potential and saw it as an excellent opportunity ...