Mr. Electric - Electrical Services Franchise
Manage your own electrical services business supported by the strength of Neighbourly.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Total Investment: £18,000 plus VAT
- Available areas
- Opportunities available throughout the UK.
Change the face of the electrical service industry with a Mr. Electric® franchise
Join an ever-growing industry supported by a worldwide brand, and be at the forefront of electrical installation, maintenance and servicing.
"I left school with just one O-level but with the support of Mr. Electric, I'm now sitting on a million-pound-a-year business that delivers a very healthy income for me and my family. Success is all about having the right attitude – it's got nothing to do with skills or experience."
- JEFF LONGLEY
Mr. Electric is a forward-thinking, innovative electrical franchise. We focus on delivering a World Class training programme to our franchisees, enabling them to deliver a World Class customer experience.
Franchisees supply electricians for all aspects of commercial and domestic electrical servicing and maintenance work: from basic repairs to full rewires – through all manner of installations, upgrades, tests and inspections – right up to complete support services for large scale corporate accounts.
The UK market for mechanical and electrical contracting has increased by almost 25% since 2012 and is estimated that the market will be around £18bn through 2018*. Mr. Electric franchisees are perfectly positioned to take full advantage of this continued market growth, and with the added benefit of offering home automation and smart products, we can help you to secure new business, and long-term contract opportunities.
Breaking News: Mr. Electric and Rolec EV join forces to provide electric vehicle charging points nationwide
OVER 500 new electric vehicle charging pedestals are being installed across the UK every month and with 47,000 plug in-cars registered in 2017, taking the total on the road to 137,000 – an increase of 94% since 2013, YOU have the chance to be involved in a new and growing market. A new collaboration to deliver electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions for consumers and businesses across the UK, has been agreed with Rolec EV, Europe’s leading designer and manufacturer of EV equipment.
The two organisations will now be able to offer domestic and commercial customers a one-stop solution for all types and modes of EV charging, from the product right through to the installation and maintenance of the charging point.
Mr. Electric, an authorised OLEV (Office for Low Emission Vehicles) installer of electric vehicle charging points, will give Rolec EV access to its network of franchised NICEIC approved electrical experts enabling them to install and manage the points for homes, workplaces and public areas.
Using our vast experience, franchisees receive outstanding training to support both management and electrical operations to ensure the best possible start to being your own boss.
Your Mr. Electric Franchise Package includes
- A World Class Training and Support programme – From initial training to ongoing support for our franchisees and your staff. Our team of business experts will help you and your team to deliver World Class customer service every time
- Support from a Qualified Supervisor available – Helping to remove a barrier to growth
- A Central and Key Accounts Team – Our team are out winning business nationally whilst you are doing the same in your local market
- Launch and Ongoing Marketing inc Website Package – offering bespoke and network wide planned campaigns and national and local Search Engine Optimised websites
- Software and CRM System: You will have full access to a comprehensive cloud CRM system that makes tracking invoices and jobs easy. Plus, an easy use price guide and an 8 step CUSTOMER process that will make you stand out from the competition
- Your Financial Management: You will work closely with Franchise Consultants to manage your finances, with hands-on support for your cash flow and profit & loss. Know your numbers know your business
A franchise business with embedded ethical cultures – We help you to Live R.I.C.H.
- R - Respect
- I - Integrity
- C - Customer Focus
- H - Have Fun
You may know about all things electrical, but it’s not essential
Many of our franchisees already work in electrical contracting or associated trades but many also have no previous experience – you don't need to be a technical expert or a qualified electrician to run this business.
With a rapidly growing electrical services market, and the unrivalled resources offered by Neighbourly, there are vast opportunities for the right franchise owners.
Mr. Electric is a recognised brand in electrical services franchising. Launched in America in 1994, it is part of the franchising powerhouse, Neighbourly, which has over 3,000 franchise locations across 20 consumer brands (18 franchised), in 11 different countries, bringing a wealth of resources to franchisees.
You will need a total investment of approximately £60,000. This includes our one off franchise fee of £24,970 plus VAT. We have preferential relationships with some of the major high street banks who may be able to fund up to 70% of the total investment. The minimum personal investment is approximately £21,000.
Be your local Mr. Electric, the name says it all!
*The 'Mechanical and Electrical Contractors Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' report is published by AMA Research
- Mr. Electric® and Plug-N-Go collaborate to provide full turnkey funded solution for electric vehicle charging nationwide
- 27 February 2019
- A new collaboration to provide a full turnkey funded solution for electric vehicle (EV) charging across the UK has been announced between Mr. Electric®, the UK’s leading electrical franchise brand, and Plug-N-Go, a market leading solution for funded EV Charging Systems. Together, the two organis...
- Birmingham electrical business shortlisted for two prestigious business awards
- 09 October 2018
- Mr. Electric, a leading UK electrical franchise, has been shortlisted for two categories in the prestigious annual Birmingham Post Business Awards 2018 - the ‘Business Entrepreneur of the Year’ and ‘Family Business of the Year’. Run by the Birmingham Post, these widely-respected awards recognise ...
- Mr. Electric brightens up the day for a distressed Cornish customer
- 14 August 2018
- Mr. Electric, the UK’s leading electrical franchise brand and part of the Dwyer Group, came to the rescue of a local homeowner in Perranporth, Cornwall, by getting his solar electricity up and running again after the previous solar PV installer had gone bust leaving the customer without warranty and...
- Mr. Electric and Rolec EV join forces to provide electric vehicle charging points nationwide
- 25 April 2018
- A new collaboration to deliver electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions for consumers and businesses across the UK, has been announced today by Mr. Electric, the UK’s leading electrical franchise brand, and Rolec EV, Europe’s leading designer and manufacturer of EV equipment. The two organisati...
- Your Web Leads Did What?!
- 17 April 2018
- Are you worrying that you are paying too much for your PPC, SEO or web leads? Well, that’s not how Mr. Electric© London South West, Mark Ryland sees it! In the last year he has managed to convert his leads into an amazing amount of money, “it’s hard to believe that some leads cost under £11!” Mark...
- Mr Electric becomes Government-approved installer of electric car charging points
- 17 April 2018
- Mr Electric, the UK’s leading electrical franchise brand, is proud to announce that it has been recognised as a Government-approved installer of electric car charging points, enabling its network of franchised electrical businesses to now install and manage electrical vehicle car charging points for...
- Double whammy for Mr. Electric!
- 15 May 2015
- Mr. Electric has recently plugged two extra people into their franchise support team. Dave Galvin and James Mooney have both joined the head office support team boosting the help on offer to Mr. Electric franchisees. Dave has a varied career background and uses his range of skills and knowledge to...
- A McHappy deal for Mr. Electric
- 14 April 2015
- Jeff Longley, owner of Mr. ElectricÒ Birmingham, recently secured a huge contract with the McDonald’s in his local area. Jeff and his team have been installing LED lights at his local store in order to help them save money on their energy and maintenance bills. The lightbulbs that Jeff has been in...
- Top tips for electrical safety this Winter
- 17 November 2014
- With the night’s drawing in as winter quickly approaches, many homeowners will be getting ready to do that last bit of garden maintenance and will be starting to think about hanging those cheery Christmas lights and decorations up. When working outside, especially with electrical equipment, it is...
- Mr Electric launches their First High Street ‘Energy Saving Centre’
- 09 October 2014
- The Mr. Electric franchise company has just seen one of its franchisees expand their successful electrical business by making their territory the first to have a dedicated Mr Electric Energy Saving Centre. The centre will provide advice and services to local people and businesses who can make sig...
- Mr Electric Birmingham raises £1,300 for Ronald McDonald house
- 26 June 2014
- Mr. Electric franchise owner, Jeff Longley from Birmingham North raised the fantastic amount of £1,300 for Ronald McDonald House, from a fundraising night at Hall Green Greyhound Stadium. The house is situated at Birmingham’s Children's Hospital and is one of the largest purpose built accommoda...
- Meet Mr Electric at EventCity
- 17 June 2014
- One of the best ways to find out about franchising is to go to one of the Franchise Exhibitions which are held each year and you’re in luck, as the next one is coming up very soon. The British Franchise Exhibition will be at EventCity in Manchester on Friday 20th & 21 June, it’s also the perfec...
- Building a staple business brings stability for the future
- 17 April 2018
- As he approaches 60, Richard Smith was looking for a staple business he can build which will put him in good stead for his future retirement. Mr. Electric has provided an answer. Richard Smith has always had a flair for rising to the top of his profession, and managing his own projects. Having bee...
- Local electrical company finds strength to compete with the big brands
- When customers kept switching to big brand companies, Steve Barlow recognised he needed to change how they ran their local electrical business, backed by the powerhouse of The Dwyer Group’s Mr Electric. Throughout school and university, Steve Barlow had one goal in mind: to study law and business,...
- Mr. Electric A Truly Family Affair
- Jeff was born in Mitcham in Surrey; he left school at 15 with no qualifications. His first job was delivering telegrams for the Post Office in Central London. Jeff also had a series of small jobs before moving to Northampton. This is where he took on a Dale Farm franchise delivering milk. He had thi...