Radfield Home Care - Home Care Franchise
Operating within a rapidly growing sector, Radfield Home Care provides the opportunity for a franchise business with longevity.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £30,000 + VAT
- Liquid Capital: £27,000
- Minimum Investment: £27,000
- Available areas
- Throughout the UK
Radfield Homecare franchises available now in the UK
Have you got what it takes to be a local care champion in your community? Start a business and make your impact with the UK franchisors with the most hands-on care experience.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Radfield Home Care has a clear purpose: to provide exceptional care and support services to clients and their families.
Starting life as a family-run residential care home for the elderly in Shropshire over 35 years ago, brother and sister franchisors Alex Green and Dr Hannah MacKechnie have a unique insight into what exceptional care means. From the age of six they have been involved in the family care business and Hannah even turned this passion into a career as a GP for a number of years.
In 2008 is when Radfield evolved into the domiciliary home care service it is today. Hannah and Alex took over the care home from their parents at this time, and identified the value and wellbeing benefits of caring for clients within the comfort of their own home.
Over the years that followed, Hannah and Alex developed a business model as one of few care providers specialising in care services for the increasing number of older people not eligible for government-funded support. As the social care crisis continues and more people fund their own care, Radfield is now perfectly positioned to support this expanding marketplace.
As Hannah explains: “Care is amazing. Great quality care can transform a moment, a day, even a relationship. Care should be about making people feel understood, valued and supported. About enabling people to live their best life for as long as possible. That’s what exceptional care means to us. It’s what we grew up with, how our parents inspired us and now we’re proud to be working with outstanding franchise partners to take the Radfield standard of care out to the nation.”
HOW DOES THE RADFIELD HOME CARE FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY WORK?
This is the chance for you to develop a local business, offering much more than financial rewards, with the support backed by 35 years’ heritage. Heritage that helped crown Radfield Home Care the British Franchise Association HSBC’s Emerging Franchisor of the Year 2019.
Like any relationship, a solid foundation is the key to success. Launching a Radfield Home Care franchise is no different. As well as Radfield feeling right for you, it is important you feel right for Radfield. How will Radfield help you bring exceptional care to your local community? Do Radfield’s core values, mission and purpose resonate with you?
If everything feels right, no prior care experience is necessary to become an exceptional Radfield Home Care franchise partner. Your role will focus on business development, marketing and networking in your local community. You will need a passion to build relationships with key health and social care professionals and become the local advocate for quality care. The marketing team will work closely with you to achieve this, but an intrinsic passion on your behalf cannot be overstated.
You’ll work with a dedicated franchise support manager to recruit the relevant healthcare expertise, launch your business and develop it over the duration of our relationship. The wider team will help you develop local marketing campaigns, exceed regulatory expectations and drive business performance.
This upfront and ongoing support takes many forms. 20 days of initial franchise partner training launches your new journey. Ongoing telephone, webinar and face-to-face support helps you thrive. Franchise partner forums and peer-support helps you remain focused, driven and passionate.
Why Join RADFIELD HOME CARE?
- Recession resistant with rising demand: Radfield Home Care continued to grow throughout the 2008 recession and following years and has seen further growth during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s a robust business model in a market that continues to expand as the UK’s population continues to age.
- A proven model backed by the right support: Crowned Emerging Franchisor of the Year 2019 by HSBC and the British Franchise Association. Recognised in many other franchise, business and care awards locally and nationally. A constant presence in Homecare.co.uk’s Top 20 National Provider Awards for three years in a row.
- A family-run business with an ethical approach: Radfield’s Caring for our CarersTM means you become part of a great place to work with a really supportive culture, Real Living Wage, employee recognition schemes and lots of opportunity to build and grow a career in care. As a UK based family-run business Radfield Home Care is free to make its own decisions based on what it believes is the right way, with a strong, clear purpose at the heart of everything it does. This is different from the major brands which are US owned and controlled.
- Leadership with real experience: It’s fair to say that Radfield Home Care’s franchisors have been there, done it and got the t-shirt. Having grown up within a residential care home, worked there themselves and then run local home care offices, not to mention caring for their own parents and grandparents through Radfield, Alex and Hannah understand care in all its glory. They’re actually the franchisors with the most experience of care in the home care marketplace.
- Forward-thinking and agile: While Radfield Home Care today is built on the experience of many years, it’s also shaping the future of home care. The business was an early adopter of digital care planning software, while many others are still using manual, paper-based systems for recording client visits, medication records and staff rosters. Right now the team is driving developments in new technology for remote care to help keep clients safe and families reassured even when a care professional is not there in person. This will be an additional service that you can offer to your clients.
“We felt our values were closely aligned with Radfield’s. We have a passion for helping others and want to inspire independence and positivity to this generation. In particular, the Radfield core value ‘We Are a Family’ resonated with us because we are cousins and have always been part of a large family. Our ambition is to ensure that our clients and carers all feel part of this happy family.”
Jennie Bardrick, Havering & Brentwood
“With a background as a community occupational therapist, I could see there was a gap in the market for a premium home care service in the Harrogate area and I knew that with my experience and contacts I would be ideally placed to set this up. However, Radfield Home Care is the only franchise company that really took an interest in me as a person and my career background.
Despite my previous experience in the sector, Radfield’s National Office support team has been invaluable. They provide support for both sides of the business; healthcare and compliance, as well as the areas I need more support with surrounding marketing and business development.
Other than having children and getting married, joining Radfield is the best decision I’ve ever made!”
Matthew Nutting, Harrogate & Wetherby
HOW MUCH DOES A RADFIELD FRANCHISE COST?Operating in a resilient sector and with a track record of success means a number of high street banks will lend upto 70% of Radfield Home Care’s total investment. This means you need a minimum personal capital of £27,000 and the banks will be able to lend the remainder. The total investment is made up of two parts. The first part is the franchise fee. This is £30,000+VAT. The second part is working capital to help support your business through to breakeven. Typically, this is around £55,000. Together, this makes your total investment around £90,000.
Thanks to our proven model and recognition in the HSBC-supported British Franchise Awards, many of our banking partners will lend up to 70% of the total investment, meaning you require at least £27,000 of your own capital to invest and the banks can lend the remainder.
A LITTLE BIT FROM HANNAH AND ALEX
Alex Green, Co-Franchisor: “Both Hannah and I saw first hand what a career in care is all about. We watched, and later helped, our parents build an amazing home for the elderly with compassion and support at its heart. Now we’re taking that same quality of care out of our home and into the homes of thousands across the UK. Both of us have had a wealth of experience outside care at home, I’ve worked in both finance and community projects, Hannah’s been a practicing GP. We came back to care at home and to build the Radfield Home Care business and brand, because we know just how rewarding it can be and because that’s where our own passions truly lie.”
Dr Hannah MacKechnie concludes: “Make no mistake it’s not always easy. You can expect to be challenged and have moments where it feels really tough. We believe anything that’s worth achieving in life is going to take a bit of commitment. So if you’re ready for a new direction, looking to set up your own business and up for a challenge please get in touch. Who knows what we could achieve together!”
HOW CAN I GET STARTED?Simply Request More Information below. Once you have filled out this form, you will receive some further information from Radfield’s franchise recruitment manager, Ed Gill. You will also be able to organise a call with Ed to ask questions you may have and discuss the next steps for you.
- Case Study: Radfield Home Care Havering & Brentwood
- Radfield Home Care Havering & Brentwood franchise partners, Jennie and Lisa explain why they chose Radfield, their success so far and what they have planned for the future.
- Radfield discusses franchising’s gender diversity with BFA
- Radfield Home Care’s franchisor and director, Dr Hannah MacKechnie recently met with the British Franchise Association to discuss her journey into the healthcare sector, the rewarding business model and the benefits of the gender diverse franchise industry. With the British Franchise Association’s E...
- Radfield hosts ‘Pathway to Outstanding’ digital franchise forum
- 25 November 2020
- Despite Covid-19 hitting pause on most face-to-face contact in 2020, Radfield Home Care adapted to the ‘new normal’ and delivered franchise partners’ their biannual forum entirely online. From feedback sessions, to breakaway group discussions, to five year planning, Radfield’s franchise partners e...
- Radfield Home Care welcomes new franchise partners in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 26 October 2020
- bfa HSBC Emerging Franchisor of the Year, Radfield Home Care has welcomed another franchise partner to expand its growing network of exceptional home care services in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.Husband and wife team Andrew, who has a background in data analysis and a PHD in Mathematics, and Clare Richa...
- Another major franchise award shortlisting for Radfield Home Care
- 04 September 2019
- For the second year running, Radfield Home Care has been shortlisted for Best Franchisee Marketing Support at the Franchise Marketing Awards. Recently crowned Emerging Franchisor of the Year at the bfa HSBC Franchise Awards 2019, this is Radfield Home Care’s second major award nomination in recent...
- Radfield Home Care swoops four leading home care awards
- 02 August 2019
- Leading home care client-review website, Homecare.co.uk has awarded Radfield Home Care’s franchise network with four accolades in its 2019 Top 20 Home Care Provider awards. As well as achieving the prestigious national Top 20 Home Care Group status for the second consecutive year, three of Radfiel...
- Radfield Home Care wins BFA Emerging Franchisor of the Year Award 2019
- 28 June 2019
- Radfield Home Care franchising has been announced as the winner of the British Franchise Association’s Emerging Franchisor of the Year 2019. Specialising in private care at-home services for the UK’s ageing population, Radfield was selected by the judges due to its demonstrable franchise support s...
- Northern England franchise opportunities a success for Radfield Home Care
- 19 June 2019
- One of the main benefits and attractions of investing in a franchise is the ability to implement a tried, tested and proven business model in your local community, all with the guidance of a specialist support team to help you launch, grow and develop your new business. It is because of this, that f...
- Radfield Home Care welcomes new Peterborough franchise partners
- 11 June 2019
- Emerging Franchisor of the Year finalist, Radfield Home Care is continuing its nationwide expansion of high quality care at home services welcoming its latest franchise partners in Peterborough, Stamford and Rutland. James and Stefania Beech are now well underway with their pre-launch activity; in...
- Emerging Franchisor of the Year finalist ready for major award ceremony
- 05 June 2019
- Emerging Franchisor of the Year finalist, Radfield Home Care is attending the bfa HSBC Franchise Awards ceremony on 27th June amongst other leading UK and international franchise brands. With over 35 years’ experience in the wider care sector, Radfield Home Care’s franchise opportunity was shortli...
- Radfield Home Care opens new National Support Office
- 24 May 2019
- With an ever-growing franchise network and increasing franchise support team, Radfield Home Care has recently transitioned into a brand new National Support Office. Returning to the home care franchise’s roots in Shrewsbury, Shropshire the new National Support Office is the organisation’s new cent...
- Radfield Franchise Forum celebrates growth, technology and communication
- 24 May 2019
- Radfield Home Care recently hosted its latest Franchise Forum event, providing its franchise partners with an open forum to meet, discuss and learn from one another, industry experts and the National Office support team. The first forum of the year was led by a review of the network’s performance,...
- Radfield launches brand new Discovery Day programme
- 02 May 2019
- British Franchise Association’s Emerging Franchisor of the Year finalist, Radfield Home Care has launched a brand new franchise discovery day programme to support franchise prospects to begin their journey into the multi-billion pound marketplace. Designed with franchise prospects in mind, the bra...
- Radfield Home Care achieves Living Wage accreditation
- 01 April 2019
- Following on from its well established Caring for Carers employee welfare pledge, Radfield Home Care’s network of high-quality care franchises are reaping the rewards of paying their employees the Real Living Wage. Recognising the impact its employees’ wellbeing has on the services provided to its...
- The countdown to launch day begins for two more Radfield Home Care franchise partners
- 20 February 2019
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchise opportunities, Radfield Home Care has continued to capitalise on its successful start to the year with two further franchise partners joining its ever-growing network and preparing to launch their new home care businesses in the coming weeks. Radfield Home Care Ch...
- Meet Radfield Home Care’s support team and franchise partners this February
- 24 January 2019
- This February, you can meet Radfield Home Care’s franchisors, support team and franchise partners at two franchise exhibitions in London and Birmingham. On 1st & 2nd February, you can meet the franchise team at the British and International Franchise Exhibition at the Olympia in London. Then, two ...
- Radfield Home Care welcomes its first franchise partners of 2019
- 09 January 2019
- Radfield Home Care has brought in 2019 on a high, welcoming its first new franchise partners of the year. Mother and son team, Matt and Lis Barnes, have now completed their first introductory franchise training week and are preparing to launch their new Radfield Home Care Wycombe, Beaconsfield & S...
- Radfield Home Care named one of UK's Top 100 franchises for second year running
- 19 December 2018
- For a second year running, Radfield Home Care has been named one of the UK’s Top 100 franchise opportunities. With all aspects of franchising considered, franchisors are ranked based on their growth, franchise partner support and financial performance, with a strong consideration also given to the...
- Winning weekend for Radfield franchise partners
- 21 November 2018
- Radfield Home Care’s franchise network has experienced a winning weekend with two of its franchise partners leading the way at award ceremonies at both ends of the country. In Yorkshire, Radfield Home Care Harrogate & Wetherby franchise partner, Matthew Nutting swooped the Home Care Registered Man...
- Radfield Home Care achieves BFA Associate membership
- 05 October 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchise opportunities, Radfield Home Care has achieved the highly regarded Associate membership of the British Franchise Association. As the voice of franchising in the UK, the British Franchise Association defines the UK’s only recognised code of practice for ethical fra...
- Start your Radfield Home Care journey at the Birmingham Franchise Exhibition
- 28 September 2018
- Radfield Home Care’s franchise support team and franchise partners are exhibiting at the National Franchise Exhibition at Birmingham’s NEC on Friday 5th & Saturday 6th October. As well as speaking to attendees on stand F100 both days, you will also be able to watch Director, Dr Hannah MacKechnie a...
- Radfield Home Care welcomes another Yorkshire-based franchise
- 17 September 2018
- Radfield Home Care continues to grow across Northern England with new franchise partners launching in West Yorkshire. The award-winning home care franchise has welcomed its second Yorkshire-based franchise in the Wakefield and Dewsbury territories, operated by franchise partners, Jackie and Mark G...
- Unique invoicing structure allowing Radfield franchise partners to reduce borrowing and increase growth
- 22 August 2018
- Developing multiple company owned branches over eight years, the Radfield Home Care model is one of the most tried and tested in the industry. As a result, franchise partners have the benefit of unrivalled knowledge from its GP franchisor, a support team developed specifically to target the most c...
- Radfield launches industry-leading 20-day franchise training package
- 27 July 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchise opportunities, Radfield Home Care has launched a new 20-day training course for its franchise partners joining the network. With franchising providing a route to first time business ownership for many, Radfield recognised the need for a comprehensive training prog...
- Another Radfield Home Care franchise outperforming projections
- 11 July 2018
- After his first six months trading, Radfield Home Care Liverpool North franchise partner, Dave Bellis is already 15% ahead of his projections and there doesn’t look to be anything set to slow him down. Joining the franchise network in January 2018, Dave has seen phenomenal growth in the first six ...
- Top 6 takeaways from BBC Radio 4 The Bottom Line’s benefits of franchising show
- 26 June 2018
- With over 44,000 franchise-owned businesses in the UK, 97% of which reporting profitability, 93% are reaching break even point within the first two years and over 50% are turning over more than £250,000 every year, it is no wonder the number of British Franchising Association approved franchise busi...
- Radfield Home Care appoints new Franchise Support Manager
- 19 June 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care has appointed a new franchise support manager to enhance and streamline its already highly regarded support systems. Vikki Donnachie joins Radfield Home Care with over ten years’ experience in both franchising and the home care sector, and is ...
- Two Top 20 Home Care awards for Radfield Home Care franchising
- 18 May 2018
- Radfield Home Care and its network of franchisees have been recognised as one of the UK’s Top 20 Home Care providers in two separate categories. Based on client reviews uploaded to online directory, Homecare.co.uk the Radfield Home Care group of franchises and company owned branches has been recog...
- Radfield Home Care launches Franchise Discovery Days
- 08 May 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care is launching its Franchise Discovery Day Programme to help entrepreneurs learn more about its rewarding, ethical franchise opportunity. With its first event on 10th July in London, Radfield Home Care’s Franchise Discovery Days have been develo...
- Good things come in threes for Radfield Home Care Havering
- 02 May 2018
- Following recent success at both the Thames Gateway New Business Awards and Havering Business Awards, Radfield Home Care Havering has now been shortlisted at a third awards event, in three separate categories! Despite only launching in July last year, the home care franchise has made the shortlist...
- Two new Radfield Home Care franchises join growing network
- 24 April 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care has welcomed two new franchises to its growing network of home care business owners. Father and son team, Matthew Nutting and Jonathan Nutting have joined the network operating a new franchise in Harrogate, and Shamsah Lalji will be operating ...
- Radfield Home Care franchisees hangout at Google HQ
- 04 April 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care was recently invited to spend time developing its systems alongside international digital marketing organisations, Google and Hubspot. Utilising marketing strategies and data management systems is essential for all of Radfield Home Care franch...
- Radfield Home Care franchise doubling targets after only 9 months
- 15 March 2018
- After just nine months of trading, franchisees from one of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care are already outperforming their business plan. Essex-based Radfield Home Care Havering only began trading in July last year and has already seen a peak of almost 500 hours of care delivered i...
- Radfield Home Care all set to present at the British Franchise Exhibition
- 28 February 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care is exhibiting and presenting at the British & International Franchise Exhibition on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th March at London’s Olympia. With dozens of franchise seminars across the weekend, Radfield Home Care’s franchisors and franchisees ...
- Meet Radfield Home Care at the National Franchise Exhibition
- 08 February 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care is attending the National Franchise Exhibition on the 16th & 17th February at Birmingham's NEC. The award-winning home care franchise is exhibiting at the first major franchising event of the year, allowing delegates to learn more about its re...
- Radfield Home Care ranked amongst UK's top 100 franchise opportunities
- 31 January 2018
- Following substantial growth in its inaugural year providing franchise opportunities, Radfield Home Care has been ranked as one of the UK’s top 100 franchises by Elite Franchise. With all aspects of franchising considered, franchisors are ranked on their growth, franchisee support and financial pe...
- 2018 brings early success to latest Radfield Home Care franchisee
- 31 January 2018
- Starting 2018 with a bang, Radfield Home Care has already registered its first franchise of the year, with its first branch in the north west of England, Radfield Home Care Liverpool North, launching its home care services last week. The latest franchise achieved its CQC registration on 10th Janua...
- Radfield Home Care Harrogate, Wetherby & North Yorkshire
- With a lifelong career in the healthcare sector, Occupational Therapist, Matthew Nutting was becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of high quality, care at home services for older residents throughout his local community in rural North Yorkshire. This was, of course, until he realised he ...
- Radfield Home Care Liverpool North
- After 15 years working within the finance department at petrochemicals bluechip, Shell, Dave Bellis found himself facing redundancy in 2016. With a lifetime of working for other people in various finance roles, he decided his redundancy presented him with the perfect opportunity to start his own a...
- Kiain McKean, Radfield Home Care Herefordshire & South Shropshire
- 31 January 2018
- Franchisee, Kiain McKean is Director of Radfield Home Care Herefordshire & South Shropshire. He has dedicated his working life to the UK care sector for no less than 26 years, starting his career in care at the age of just 16, where he had a part-time job as a home carer, whilst studying at college ...
- Jennie Bardrick & Lisa Cable, Radfield Home Care Havering & Brentwood
- 31 January 2018
- Franchisees and cousins, Jennie Bardrick & Lisa Cable opened Radfield Home Care Havering & Brentwood in June 2017 and have already won the prestigious Judge's Award at the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2017.1They recently spoke to us regarding their new venture, and fantastic early success:We have ...