Radfield Home Care - Home Care Franchise
Operating within a rapidly growing sector, Radfield Home Care provides the opportunity for a franchise business with longevity.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £30,000 + VAT
- Working Capital: £45,000
- Available areas
- Throughout the UK
Radfield Home Care is one of the UK’s most established private healthcare organisations; providing exceptional care services for over 35 years, with an experienced GP at the helm.
Specialising in providing high quality care at home to older people, Radfield Home Care boasts the opportunity right now for people with a passion for providing the best customer service to join its thriving network of home care business owners. Operating within the private marketplace, franchise partners will benefit from high profit margins that enable them to deliver a high quality care service and develop a passionate and rewarded team of healthcare professionals - all whilst generating healthy financial returns.
But I don’t have experience?
As a Radfield Home Care franchise partner, you do not require any previous healthcare experience. Your role is to grow your business through marketing, networking and brand awareness activity.
You will of course have in-depth training and support to develop your required knowledge of the sector and its operations, however you will also recruit a Registered Care Manager who is responsible for managing the healthcare side of the business for you. Their role is to ensure all your clients are well looked after with excellent care services, all regulation expectations are exceeded, and your staff are well managed and rewarded for their hard work.
A team of home care assistants will support your clients on a daily basis. They will travel around your local community, providing a range of care services to older people. They will be supporting clients with a range of activities such as preparing for their day ahead, taking them out to the shops, administering medicine and preparing meals. They can even provide specialist services such as Palliative and Dementia Care.
Who will my clients be?
Radfield Home Care franchise partners specialise in providing care specifically to older people. With an ageing population, the older people’s care sector is expanding - and they are the biggest users of home care services.
Having such a well defined USP and user-base has a range of benefits:
- Lowers your training expenses as new employees don’t require training for multiple disabilities, age groups or requirements.
- Client enquiries increase as older people, their sons and daughters are much more comfortable with choosing a provider that specialises in exactly what they’re looking for.
- Your recruitment levels will naturally increase as the barrier to entry for new recruits is significantly lowered as they only need to become professionals in one field of care.
- As your home care assistants become experts in caring for older people, the quality of care you provide will continue to increase and clients will feel highly valued.
You will focus on developing this client base from within the private marketplace. As has been well publicised, publically funded care is becoming increasingly stretched, and it is increasingly difficult for clients to receive care through their local authority. As a result, the demand for private home care services is rising. The private home care marketplace also benefits from higher profit margins that enable you to focus on providing the highest standards of care without worrying about your bottom line.
How do you support me?
Radfield Home Care’s franchise support team specialises in both healthcare and business support; providing a business opportunity with a safety net.
You will have a dedicated Franchise Support Manager that will work closely with you, with regular office visits, phone calls and training webinars. They will be by your side throughout your journey, and will be there to answer any questions you may have, help you overcome any challenges and celebrate successes along the way!
The rest of the support team all have their own specialisms; including marketing, compliance, recruitment, finance, digital marketing, training and more. They’re all there to work with you on specific tasks and projects; advising you, supporting you and even undertaking activity to help grow your business on your behalf.
Why home care?
It’s no secret that the UK’s population is ageing. In the coming decades the population of people aged 65 and over is set to equate for over one quarter of the entire UK population. What’s more, those aged over 65 spend almost half of their remaining life expectancy not in good health. As a result, such a rapid increase in the number of older people is raising the demand for compassionate care services to support them.
Despite this rise in demand though, Local Authority care funding has decreased in recent years, which led to a 20% drop in people receiving care from their Local Authority between 2009-2015. This is leaving more vulnerable older people and their families turning to private home care providers, such as Radfield Home Care, for suitable support.
Operating within this private home care marketplace provides a growing opportunity for home care business owners; with a projected increase in home care service users and strong profit margins enabling them to generate a high quality service, enriching the lives and improving the wellbeing of their older clients.
So why Radfield Home Care?
The Radfield brand was launched in 1982 as a residential care home. Franchisors, Dr Hannah MacKechnie and Alex Green grew up within this care home, which was owned and operated by their parents. As they grew older they both worked within the care home, before Hannah trained to become a GP and Alex worked with financial institutions in charitable sector.
By 2008, they already had a lifetime of experience caring for people and recognised the changing attitudes of older people was causing a decline in demand for residential care services. Older people no longer wanted to relocate to a residential care home, instead they wanted to remain within the comfort of their own home, where they could maintain independence and an active role within their community. As a result, Hannah and Alex launched the next evolution of the Radfield brand: Radfield Home Care. They then spent the next eight years developing multiple home care operations throughout the Midlands region; giving them an unrivalled knowledge of the private home care sector.
They now had a model that had successfully overcome the challenges the sector could throw at them and, with this wealth of experience behind them, they launched the Radfield Home Care franchise opportunity in 2016. This enables like-minded people, like you, to develop their very own rewarding business with profitable returns, safe in the knowledge they are supported by people who have been there and done it.
As a family owned and operated company, values are at the centre of the model, and its ethos of providing the highest standard of care stretches beyond just the client. Radfield recognises that happy staff will make for an even happier client, so its ‘Caring for Carers’ pledge rewards and attracts home care assistants to make them feel valued, appreciated and part of a team too. One of the world’s biggest ethical accreditations, B-Corporation recently recognised Radfield’s strong values-based business model and enrolled Radfield Home Care as one of its members - the only UK healthcare organisation to have achieved this status.
It’s not just about experience, values and sector knowledge though. Radfield Home Care was one of the pioneers of technology in the home care marketplace, and now utilises remotely accessible, cloud-based care management software. This allows franchise partners and clients the benefit of a transparent, safe and cost-saving service.
You will also benefit from a unique invoicing system that allows Radfield franchise partners to enter the home care sector with attainable working capital requirements, and maintain a robust cash flow that will generate a strong platform for ongoing growth.
What do I get for my investment?
- Opportunity to change the lives of vulnerable older people in your local community
- Projected turnover of over £500,000 in your second year
- Receive industry leadingtraining with a 20-day training programme
- A professional support team providing on-goinghealthcare, compliance and business support forexperienced and first time business owners
- One of the most tried and tested home care business modelsin the UK, developed for franchising overeight years and multiple locations
- A GP franchisorwith a lifetime of hands-on healthcare experience and expertise
- Cutting edge healthcare technologyensuring franchise partners operate a safe, sustainable and profitable business
- A unique invoicing system maximising cash flow and reducing working capital requirement
The Radfield Home Care franchise opportunity is one of the most affordable in the sector, largely thanks to its aforementioned invoicing system.
The franchise package costs £30,000+VAT, and you will require approximately £40,000 to support your business through to break even - which you can expect after around 11 months.
I want to find out more…
If you think you have the making of a home care business owner, with the passion for providing vulnerable older people with exceptional care in their own home, all whilst developing a profitable business, we would love to hear from you.
You can contact our Franchise Recruitment Manager, Ed Gill by submitting your information on this page, and he will give you a call to share more information and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Office for National Statistics (ONS): Living longer: how our population is changing and why it matters
- Radfield discusses franchising’s gender diversity with BFA
- Radfield Home Care’s franchisor and director, Dr Hannah MacKechnie recently met with the British Franchise Association to discuss her journey into the healthcare sector, the rewarding business model and the benefits of the gender diverse franchise industry. With the British Franchise Association’s E...
- Radfield Home Care welcomes its first franchise partners of 2019
- 09 January 2019
- Radfield Home Care has brought in 2019 on a high, welcoming its first new franchise partners of the year. Mother and son team, Matt and Lis Barnes, have now completed their first introductory franchise training week and are preparing to launch their new Radfield Home Care Wycombe, Beaconsfield & S...
- Radfield Home Care named one of UK's Top 100 franchises for second year running
- 19 December 2018
- For a second year running, Radfield Home Care has been named one of the UK’s Top 100 franchise opportunities. With all aspects of franchising considered, franchisors are ranked based on their growth, franchise partner support and financial performance, with a strong consideration also given to the...
- Winning weekend for Radfield franchise partners
- 21 November 2018
- Radfield Home Care’s franchise network has experienced a winning weekend with two of its franchise partners leading the way at award ceremonies at both ends of the country. In Yorkshire, Radfield Home Care Harrogate & Wetherby franchise partner, Matthew Nutting swooped the Home Care Registered Man...
- Radfield Home Care achieves BFA Associate membership
- 05 October 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchise opportunities, Radfield Home Care has achieved the highly regarded Associate membership of the British Franchise Association. As the voice of franchising in the UK, the British Franchise Association defines the UK’s only recognised code of practice for ethical fra...
- Start your Radfield Home Care journey at the Birmingham Franchise Exhibition
- 28 September 2018
- Radfield Home Care’s franchise support team and franchise partners are exhibiting at the National Franchise Exhibition at Birmingham’s NEC on Friday 5th & Saturday 6th October. As well as speaking to attendees on stand F100 both days, you will also be able to watch Director, Dr Hannah MacKechnie a...
- Radfield Home Care welcomes another Yorkshire-based franchise
- 17 September 2018
- Radfield Home Care continues to grow across Northern England with new franchise partners launching in West Yorkshire. The award-winning home care franchise has welcomed its second Yorkshire-based franchise in the Wakefield and Dewsbury territories, operated by franchise partners, Jackie and Mark G...
- Unique invoicing structure allowing Radfield franchise partners to reduce borrowing and increase growth
- 22 August 2018
- Developing multiple company owned branches over eight years, the Radfield Home Care model is one of the most tried and tested in the industry. As a result, franchise partners have the benefit of unrivalled knowledge from its GP franchisor, a support team developed specifically to target the most c...
- Radfield launches industry-leading 20-day franchise training package
- 27 July 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchise opportunities, Radfield Home Care has launched a new 20-day training course for its franchise partners joining the network. With franchising providing a route to first time business ownership for many, Radfield recognised the need for a comprehensive training prog...
- Another Radfield Home Care franchise outperforming projections
- 11 July 2018
- After his first six months trading, Radfield Home Care Liverpool North franchise partner, Dave Bellis is already 15% ahead of his projections and there doesn’t look to be anything set to slow him down. Joining the franchise network in January 2018, Dave has seen phenomenal growth in the first six ...
- Top 6 takeaways from BBC Radio 4 The Bottom Line’s benefits of franchising show
- 26 June 2018
- With over 44,000 franchise-owned businesses in the UK, 97% of which reporting profitability, 93% are reaching break even point within the first two years and over 50% are turning over more than £250,000 every year, it is no wonder the number of British Franchising Association approved franchise busi...
- Radfield Home Care appoints new Franchise Support Manager
- 19 June 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care has appointed a new franchise support manager to enhance and streamline its already highly regarded support systems. Vikki Donnachie joins Radfield Home Care with over ten years’ experience in both franchising and the home care sector, and is ...
- Two Top 20 Home Care awards for Radfield Home Care franchising
- 18 May 2018
- Radfield Home Care and its network of franchisees have been recognised as one of the UK’s Top 20 Home Care providers in two separate categories. Based on client reviews uploaded to online directory, Homecare.co.uk the Radfield Home Care group of franchises and company owned branches has been recog...
- Radfield Home Care launches Franchise Discovery Days
- 08 May 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care is launching its Franchise Discovery Day Programme to help entrepreneurs learn more about its rewarding, ethical franchise opportunity. With its first event on 10th July in London, Radfield Home Care’s Franchise Discovery Days have been develo...
- Good things come in threes for Radfield Home Care Havering
- 02 May 2018
- Following recent success at both the Thames Gateway New Business Awards and Havering Business Awards, Radfield Home Care Havering has now been shortlisted at a third awards event, in three separate categories! Despite only launching in July last year, the home care franchise has made the shortlist...
- Two new Radfield Home Care franchises join growing network
- 24 April 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care has welcomed two new franchises to its growing network of home care business owners. Father and son team, Matthew Nutting and Jonathan Nutting have joined the network operating a new franchise in Harrogate, and Shamsah Lalji will be operating ...
- Radfield Home Care franchisees hangout at Google HQ
- 04 April 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care was recently invited to spend time developing its systems alongside international digital marketing organisations, Google and Hubspot. Utilising marketing strategies and data management systems is essential for all of Radfield Home Care franch...
- Radfield Home Care franchise doubling targets after only 9 months
- 15 March 2018
- After just nine months of trading, franchisees from one of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care are already outperforming their business plan. Essex-based Radfield Home Care Havering only began trading in July last year and has already seen a peak of almost 500 hours of care delivered i...
- Radfield Home Care all set to present at the British Franchise Exhibition
- 28 February 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care is exhibiting and presenting at the British & International Franchise Exhibition on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th March at London’s Olympia. With dozens of franchise seminars across the weekend, Radfield Home Care’s franchisors and franchisees ...
- Meet Radfield Home Care at the National Franchise Exhibition
- 08 February 2018
- One of the UK’s top 100 franchises, Radfield Home Care is attending the National Franchise Exhibition on the 16th & 17th February at Birmingham's NEC. The award-winning home care franchise is exhibiting at the first major franchising event of the year, allowing delegates to learn more about its re...
- Radfield Home Care ranked amongst UK's top 100 franchise opportunities
- 31 January 2018
- Following substantial growth in its inaugural year providing franchise opportunities, Radfield Home Care has been ranked as one of the UK’s top 100 franchises by Elite Franchise. With all aspects of franchising considered, franchisors are ranked on their growth, franchisee support and financial pe...
- 2018 brings early success to latest Radfield Home Care franchisee
- 31 January 2018
- Starting 2018 with a bang, Radfield Home Care has already registered its first franchise of the year, with its first branch in the north west of England, Radfield Home Care Liverpool North, launching its home care services last week. The latest franchise achieved its CQC registration on 10th Janua...
- Radfield Home Care Harrogate, Wetherby & North Yorkshire
- With a lifelong career in the healthcare sector, Occupational Therapist, Matthew Nutting was becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of high quality, care at home services for older residents throughout his local community in rural North Yorkshire. This was, of course, until he realised he ...
- Radfield Home Care Liverpool North
- After 15 years working within the finance department at petrochemicals bluechip, Shell, Dave Bellis found himself facing redundancy in 2016. With a lifetime of working for other people in various finance roles, he decided his redundancy presented him with the perfect opportunity to start his own a...
- Kiain McKean, Radfield Home Care Herefordshire & South Shropshire
- 31 January 2018
- Franchisee, Kiain McKean is Director of Radfield Home Care Herefordshire & South Shropshire. He has dedicated his working life to the UK care sector for no less than 26 years, starting his career in care at the age of just 16, where he had a part-time job as a home carer, whilst studying at college ...
- Jennie Bardrick & Lisa Cable, Radfield Home Care Havering & Brentwood
- 31 January 2018
- Franchisees and cousins, Jennie Bardrick & Lisa Cable opened Radfield Home Care Havering & Brentwood in June 2017 and have already won the prestigious Judge's Award at the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2017.1They recently spoke to us regarding their new venture, and fantastic early success:We have ...