Really Awesome Coffee - Mobile Coffee Franchise
The fastest growing mobile coffee franchise in the UK – beat the competition on the high street and take the coffee shop to your customers.
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Franchise Fee: £9,500
- Total Investment: £19,950 + VAT
- Minimum Investment: £9,500
- Available areas
- Opportunities are available across the UK
A profitable business that “doesn’t really feel like work”
INTRODUCING REALLY AWESOME COFFEE
Since the first mobile café launched in Coventry in 2010, Really Awesome Coffee has grown to become a market leader with a network of over 50 franchisees. We are proud to be the fastest growing mobile coffee franchise in the UK.
The Concept – it’s simple; take advantage of the huge demand in the ever expanding UK coffee market but avoid the fierce competition on the high street by taking the coffee shop directly to customers in our unique mobile café vans.
WHAT’S INVOLVED IN RUNNING A MOBILE CAFÉ?
The business is built around a daily coffee round that we help you establish, with the mobile café visiting local businesses at agreed times each day to serve a full range of gourmet coffees, frappes & smoothies as well as hot and chilled food options – everything you would expect in a top quality high street café. There is usually a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere at the van with your day being made up of other people’s breaks from work.
A large portion of franchise partners also make significant additional income from optional weekend ‘events’ work.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
At Really Awesome Coffee we pride ourselves in the level of training and ongoing support we provide our franchisees, and we also like to be at the forefront of the industry in terms of technological developments and advances.
There are lots of things that we believe make our business a unique prospect – here are a few:
The Mobile Café – developed and built by us, our coffee vans are uniquely capable, efficient, and environmentally friendly. We are very proud of the vans and provide a full tour on our Discovery Day events.
The Really Awesome App – we like to make it as easy as possible for our customers to buy from us. Our bespoke app alerts customers when our franchisees’ vans are on their way and also allows them to pre-order their drinks so that they can avoid the queue.
RAPoS – our bespoke electronic-point-of-sale till system. As well as performing standard functions and linking with the customer app, it also syncs with online coffee route maps and generates a suite of detailed ‘coffee-stop specific’ reports that are vital in tracking performance and ensuring that optimal business development advice is provided.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
We like our franchise partners to be able to concentrate on the most important things – providing great service and building lasting relationships with their customers.
As franchisors it’s therefore our job to make the day-to-day operation of your business as simple and easy as possible. This starts with providing structured, comprehensive training and continues with regular in-territory support from your Franchise Development Manager and remote support from our head office team.
Full details on our training and business launch program can be found on our website; however, here’s a quick breakdown for you:
After an initial training day we carry out detailed business launch preparations with you.
You spend 2 weeks with us at our training centre in Coventry.
We spend 2 weeks with you in your territory to launch your business.
We review your trading data and your Franchise Development Manager visits you regularly to maintain momentum and keep your business growing.
INVESTMENT & RETURNS
With Mercedes-Benz and HSBC’s Franchise Unit as finance partners, the required initial investment is just under £10,000. However, some franchise partners invest more up-front to reduce monthly finance repayments over the first few years.
With typical turnovers of between £80,000 and £100,000 and an average combined gross profit margin of over 60% (over 80% on gourmet drinks and lower on food items), there is plenty of profit to be made for those willing to put in the work and commit to the system.
WHO MAKES A GREAT REALLY AWESOME COFFEE FRANCHISEE?
A lot of our franchise partners cite the fact that although they work hard, it “doesn’t really feel like work”.
The honest answer to this question is it’s simply someone who will enjoy the social aspect of the role and who, with our assistance, is prepared to put in the short term hard work that is needed to grow any business.
If you think that you might enjoy running your own mobile café then I’d love to invite you to attend one of our Discovery Days. Thank you for taking the time to read our profile and please feel free to request some more information or visit our website to find out more.
Maybe I’ll see you soon…
Founder & Managing Director
- Really Awesome Coffee serves up in Farnborough
- Since leaving the army in late 2019, I thought I would struggle to make a living doing something that I would enjoy. I had been in the military for most of my life and thoroughly enjoyed serving in the army, meeting and working with new people. When the Really Awesome Coffee franchise opportunity...
- 3 Awesome ways to research Franchise businesses
- 10 September 2020
- The Internet The internet is a great place to start. A quick Google search will present you with a number of options. We strongly recommend that you browse franchise directories as they will give you comprehensive details on your preferred franchise opportunity. Directories like Franchise Sales ...
- 4 new Really Awesome Coffee Franchisees hit the ground running
- 08 September 2020
- Following the easing of lockdown we are delighted to welcome 4 new franchise partners to the Really Awesome Coffee network. The last few months have been challenging for us as a business, as they have been for many other businesses. However, since lockdown restrictions have been eased we have bee...
- Coffee Deliveries: Find out how one franchise has adapted
- 27 April 2020
- As a nation, we are facing a truly unprecedented crisis. The global coronavirus pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life. During this time, we as a business have had to adapt quickly and support our existing franchisees’ transition into ad ho...
- Really Awesome Coffee at Exhibitions
- 24 January 2018
- Following on from a strong growth last year as the UK’s leading mobile cafe franchise, we are carrying on into the New Year with some exciting upcoming projects and events to look forward to. This year our head office and franchise team will be hitting the road and exhibiting at The National Franc...
- EF Top 100 Franchise
- 19 December 2017
- The year is coming to a close and it’s been nothing less than a great one for us here at Really Awesome Coffee. This year we have expanded our franchise network bringing gourmet coffee to more cities and towns across the country. We also improved and refined our system & increased our head office ...
- 5 Star Reviews For Franchisees
- 07 December 2017
- Here at Really Awesome Coffee we do like to sing our praise on being the UK’s leading mobile cafe franchise, however it’s always better when it comes from someone else. Social media has given everyone the platform to voice their opinions, whether positive or negative, in the form of status updates...
- Mike brings even more coffee to Milton Keynes
- 23 August 2017
- Mike, our franchise partner in Milton Keynes has recently launched his second van just five months after getting started earlier this year. Working in retail for the majority of his career in various management roles, Mike approached us after deciding he wanted to become his own boss and reap the...
- Start Your Mobile Coffee Franchise for Just £7,500
- 16 June 2017
- Today Really Awesome Coffee announced some exciting news which will be well received by anyone who is looking to start their own mobile coffee business. With partnerships including Lloyds and HSBC already helping new franchisees with funding, we are happy to announce that we have significantly red...
- Day in the Life of a Franchisee – Hayley & Viv - Telford
- 09 June 2017
- Hayley & Viv joined the Really Awesome Coffee franchise earlier this year. They currently run the franchise as a joint effort operating their daily round in Telford. We recently sat down with Hayley & Viv as a part of our ‘Day in the life of’ series and got them to document their day as a Really A...
- Really Awesome Coffee Meets NCASS
- 24 March 2017
- Recently, we visited the The Nationwide Caterers Association (NCASS) at their head office with Phil, our Birmingham franchisee, to serve some awesome coffee to their employees. NCASS is the UK’s only trade association for mobile caterers and street food traders who help protect, promote and loo...
- Coffee On The Coast – Sam Joins The Network
- 05 January 2017
- Say hello to Sam, who joined the Really Awesome Coffee mobile cafe franchise network in October last year. Sam attended a franchise discovery day at our headquarters and decided to bring coffee to the coast in his home town of Hastings. Prior to joining the franchise, Sam spent most of his work...
- Hemel Hempstead Tastes Really Awesome Coffee
- 23 November 2016
- Really Awesome Coffee, the UK’s leading mobile cafe franchise has arrived in the wonderful town of Hemel Hempstead. Ian joined the franchise network in August after attending one of the franchise discovery days held at the Coventry headquarters.“I wanted to run my own business, but with the suppo...
- Really Awesome Coffee joins the British Franchise Association (bfa)
- 27 September 2016
- The British Franchise Association (bfa) is the most widely recognised institution in the franchising industry with a membership of over 100 franchises and boasting members including the likes of McDonalds & Subway. In recent weeks Really Awesome Coffee joined the bfa as an associate member afte...
- Really Awesome Coffee Now In Runcorn
- 16 September 2016
- Really Awesome Coffee the UK’s leading mobile cafe franchise has now landed in Runcorn. Helping us spread the love of great tasting coffee is Paul who launched his franchise in July. Paul, a previous police officer was looking for a change after spending many years in the police service. Taking hi...
- David takes Really Awesome Coffee to Ipswich!
- 15 July 2016
- Meet David Braddy, the latest addition to our nationwide franchise network. Really Awesome Coffee is the UK’s leading mobile cafe franchise which takes the traditional high street coffee shop to the customers, wherever they are. David, who was a director of a snacks vending business along with his...
- Discovery Days Now Being Held At Head Office
- 20 November 2015
- Would you like to find out how you can build a business around your lifestyle? Or how you can achieve a healthy work-life balance? If so, our discovery days are just the thing for you. Really Awesome Coffee is the UK’s leading mobile coffee franchise. Our franchise partners enjoy a healthy work-li...
- Day in the life of a Really Awesome Coffee Franchisee
- 28 October 2015
- Really Awesome Coffee is the UK’s leading mobile cafe franchise. Our franchise partners enjoy a healthy work-life balance serving gourmet coffee, snacks and confectionary to customers at local businesses. Each day our franchisees our out in the fresh air interacting with their customers, building re...
- Really Awesome Coffee Strikes Deal with Mercedes
- 24 September 2015
- The UK’s most exciting mobile cafe franchise Really Awesome Coffee has recently completed a new deal with luxury car & van manufacturer Mercedes. Really Awesome Coffee is a mobile cafe franchise which sees its franchisees enjoying a healthy work-life balance, serving gourmet hot drinks and quality...
- Really Awesome Coffee recently teamed up with Microsoft to help the launch of Windows 10
- 10 August 2015
- Recently Really Awesome Coffee, the UK’s most exciting mobile cafe franchise, joined computer giants Microsoft to help out in a nationwide launch of the new Windows 10 operating system. This event saw eight of our franchise partners serving gourmet hot drinks to staff in multiple businesses and lo...
- Suzy Ward brings experience to Really Awesome Coffee
- 25 June 2015
- The UK's most exciting mobile cafe franchise, Really Awesome Coffee, are proud to announce a new Franchise Development Manager joining our team. Suezanne Ward (Suzy) will be based in our Coventry headquarters providing all round support and development advice to new and existing franchisees within...
- Portsmouth Franchisee Smashes Sales Targets
- 29 May 2015
- Elvis, our Portsmouth franchisee, has been on top form by not only reaching, but exceeding his monthly sales targets over his first quarter trading. He started his Really Awesome Coffee mobile cafe franchise in February this year and began trading in his home town of Portsmouth after completing his ...
- Karl Webster - Daventry
- Tell us a bit about yourself and what you were doing prior to buying a franchise business? I was a Business Manager in the print/payroll industry running a small business with 15 employees and I was responsible for the running of the business, UK sales, service and export.Why did you go down the f...
- Philip Short - Birmingham
- Tell us a bit about yourself and what you were doing prior to buying a franchise business? I’ve always worked in the hospitality industry from working in bars to managing coffee shops and pubs. Although I had that little bit of experience, the mobile coffee market was completely new to me.Why did...
- Javed Zaidi – Weybridge
- 15 July 2016
- My professional background prior to setting up Really Awesome Coffee was marketing and sales within the food industry. Getting started with Really Awesome Coffee was easy due to a proper execution of the franchise plan. Training was very comprehensive which included professional barista trainin...
- Adrian Sharp – Chesterfield
- Before taking on a Really Awesome Coffee franchise, my previous role was a financial advisor for a high street bank. I did however have a clear understanding of the mobile coffee industry and what was to be expected.“The comprehensive training & launch package really helped me get up to speed and of...
- Mike Wood – Axminster
- Prior to setting up my Really Awesome Coffee franchise, my background was in sales working as a sales manager. I had no previous experience in the coffee industry at all. It was very easy to get started with my franchise, the training I received was very good and comprehensive. The support I recei...
- Elvis Carvalho – Portsmouth
- Before setting up my Really Awesome Coffee franchise I served in the Royal Navy for 27 years and left as a Warrant Officer. Getting started with my franchise was relatively straight forward. The hands on experience on the head quarters van was essential and very good. Also getting hold of someone ...
- Andrew Donovan - Wallington
- Before setting up my Really Awesome Coffee franchise I was a telescopic forklift truck driver working on building sites. Getting started with Really Awesome Coffee was very straightforward and relatively easy. The training I received was first class and the on-going support was second to none. Get...
- Andy Baxter – Norwich
- My employment background lies within pensions management and previously to setting up with Really Awesome Coffee I didn't even know the difference between a latte and a cappuccino!"The support and training provided to me during set-up of my franchise was excellent" The support and training provide...