Spitting Pig - Catering Franchise
There is no better time to become a Spitting Pig franchisee as there are only a limited number of areas left available.
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £6,000 – £10,000 + VAT
- Available areas
Spitting Pig began over 25 years ago when Stephen Marsden MD imported a spit roast machine from Australia and set about working at local events throughout the Lancashire area. The service became so popular that we are now operating with 25 franchisee’s and also manufacture and sell a full range of spit and hog roast machines.
With a quality product established in the market we have helped to transfer years of extensive knowledge of working on events to our franchisee’s. We have a number of depots throughout the UK who have been successfully operating under the Spitting Pig brand for many years, some more than 10 years. However, we have a number of areas that are still available throughout the UK and would like you to become part of the Spitting Pig Family.
When you sign up as a Spitting Pig Franchisee you get the complete service and support package that includes:
- Rights to work under the Spitting Pig brand for 5 years, taking advantage of our long established relationship with corporate clients and event planners.
- Your own Spitting Pig website
- Exclusivity to all catering enquires generated within your area by Spitting Pig.
- Spitting Pig maintaining and updating both the master and your personal website to have strong position for key search terms on popular search engines.
- Spitting Pig running your back office operation which includes liaising initially with customers, generating enquiries for you area and sending out priced quotes for customers.
- Expert advice on the industry, business start up and working on events.
- Training with the machines on live events.
- Access to the Spitting Pig server with your own spitting pig email address to communicate with customers, the head office and other franchisees.
- Membership to NCASS which includes all the relevant health and safety training and documents for you and all your staff
- Discounts on the purchase or loan of Spitting Pig hog/spit roast equipment, servicing, parts and expert advice available on the machines all year round
- First run of uniforms for you and your staff, business cards and the sign writing of your vehicle
- Rights to renew the contract after the 5 year term
All you as the franchisee have to do is book in and complete the enquires we send through with everything else taken care off. The business is completely flexible and can be as big or small as you want it to be. With the right investment this can be a large scale catering franchise working all year round employing a number of different teams to complete large scale weddings corporate events or parties.
On the other hand with very minimal financial and personal investment it can be a nice addition to an existing business and can be run as a small full or part time business from home whilst still producing impressive results.
What Gives Spitting Pig the Edge?
- Established brand for over 25 years in the industry with large customer base coupled with a strong web presence that allows us to produce a large number of unique enquires for events every week.
- Europe’s leading manufacturer of hog/spit roast equipment meaning you will only be using the best tools for the job
- A service that is second to none, which includes servicing of machines, all parts in stock and on next day delivery and complete expert support.
- Expert training and advise available instantly from industry experts with over 25 years experience working on events and with the machines
- Back office operations that allows quotes to be sent out within the hour and for customers to always have a point of contact if they need any questions answered
- A server that allows you to work anywhere anytime.
As mentioned previously the business is completely flexible and the range of investment will vary depending on how big you want your operation to be.
- Area Purchase Cost – which includes all the bullet points in the ‘Franchise opportunity’ section. Area purchase varies depending on the area’s location and can range from £6,000 to £10,000 plus VAT for a 5 year term.
- Set Up Cost – This is the purchase of your spitting pig hog roast machines, a minimum of 2 is required to function successfully as a franchisee and depending on the model of machine and how you want the business to run initially the set up costs will vary as this may mean buying a vehicle or trailer and other catering equipment. However a good budget would allow for £5,000 + VAT on hog/spit roast machines. Successful existing Spitting Pig franchisee’s have set up with less than £10,000 from nothing.
- Monthly Management Fee – This is a monthly fee which is used to maintain the Spitting Pig Server, website search rankings and back office operations. £400 + VAT per month will generate you enough enquires to work all year round, have plenty of bookings regardless of how many machines you have, and will allow you to produce healthy financial figures which will enable you to grow.
Here at Spitting Pig we like to give new businesses a helping hand and equipment and area purchase costs can be made payable over an negotiated term, this will allow you to overnight create a business with a proven track record without the large start up costs of other franchises.