TruGreen - Lawn Care Franchise
Servicing just 4% of the homes in your territory, you could build a lucrative lawn care business with a fleet of up to 10 liveried vehicles.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Finance requirements
- Total Investment: from £8,400 + VAT
- Minimum Investment: £8,400
- Available areas
- Franchise opportunities available all over the UK.
The World’s Largest Professional Lawn Care Franchise
TruGreen, part of the renowned ServiceMaster group, can help you to enter the profitable and growing lawn care market with its great lawn care franchise.
Why not reduce the risks of setting up in business by yourself, by investing in a TruGreen franchise and get the added benefits of a healthier, outdoor life and a business support package that’s second to none!
A TruGreen Professional Lawn Care franchise offers a fantastic business opportunity and is ideal for self-motivated individuals wishing to develop and manage their own lawn care business. The lawn care market is growing and has over 26 million homes in the UK, 90% of which have gardens, making it a growth market worth becoming a part of!
Who We Are
TruGreen® is the world’s largest lawn care company. We started as a small private company in 1973 which was acquired by ServiceMaster® in 1990 and we now serve more than 3.4 million residential and commercial customers throughout the UK and the USA.
TruGreen offers a year-long business opportunity, which involves providing tailored lawn care treatments to customers in your local area. Treatments will vary from lawn to lawn but will include scarifying, aerating, weed and feed, moss/algae clearing from pathways, patios and driveways plus a wide variety of garden clearing and tidy-up activities. When you’re not providing lawn care treatments, you will be marketing your business, liaising with your customers and training and recruiting staff to provide your lawn care services.
There’s huge scope to expand your business with the potential to run a fleet of branded vehicles. By servicing just 4% of the homes in your territory, you could build up a lucrative lawn care business with a fleet of up to 10 branded vehicles. Most of your customers will opt for a year-round treatment programme comprising of between 4 and 6 treatments, but you’ll also benefit from one off treatments too!
Why partner up with TruGreen?
In addition to the attraction of a growth market and proven business model, you will benefit from the following:
- No experience is necessary! Full training is provided (read more below)
- Flexibility – you can treat lawns at your leisure (daylight hours)
- Enjoy up to 70% profit margins and up to 75% recurring income
- Brand Management System – Built by franchisees for franchisees
- Proven money-making model
- Recognised brand (over 45 years old) and unique TruGreen territory
- Support from a team of qualified franchise professionals – Operations, Marketing, HR, IT…
- Established franchise network for advice & support
- Website, Marketing & PR launch
- Access to off the shelf products, equipment and branded uniform
- Franchise Support Centre – a team of over 50 individuals dedicated to supporting all of our franchised businesses and national customers
- Qualification (subject to a pass) for pesticide application from the National Proficiency Council (NPCT).
In addition to the above you will benefit from on-going support from your Network Brand Manager, Steve Welch, who has 40 years’ experience in the turf industry.
TruGreen established brand, proven model and unique TruGreen territory.
Our bespoke two-week training course covers lawn care, Marketing, sales, customer service, accounting, health & safety and training on our bespoke business management system. You will also sit a qualification in Pesticide Application from the National Proficiency Council (NPCT).
Ongoing training, support and tools are also easy to obtain over the phone, in person and via our online portal where you can access further information, advice & business tools such as business and marketing plan templates, ‘how to’ guides and the operations manual. You are never alone with a ServiceMaster franchise.
Our unique business management system was created with the input of our existing franchisees for them to structure, develop and grow their businesses further. There is no other business management system like it.
As well as receiving the operations manual, unique territory and the brand name of TruGreen, a new business owner will also receive; products, equipment, heavy machinery, van wrap, uniforms, business stationery, bespoke business management software, PR launch, website, pre-paid on and offline marketing, qualifications (as above) and much, much more.
Is a TruGreen franchise for you?
If you have a love for the outdoors or are fed up of a typical 9 – 5 office environments, then the flexibility of a lawn care franchise could be for you.
In return we are looking for individuals who are self-motivated, enthusiastic and happy to follow a system. Experience in the lawn care industry is not essential as full training in lawn care and running your own business is provided.
Does TruGreen sound like the franchise opportunity for you?
If you are interested in becoming a TruGreen partner please complete the short form below.
You’ll receive our prospectus and our Brand Leader will make contact with you to tell you a little more.
At some point we would love to meet with you! Our face to face meetings are completely relaxed and informal and can be held at our Franchise Support Centre in Leicester where you can meet the whole team, or we can come locally to you. They are a great opportunity to take a look at our financial projections, plot out a territory and have a sneak peek at our working TruGreen model.
We’ll inform you of our next training academy dates and a refundable deposit of £2,000 will reserve your territory if you decide that you’d like to partner with us.
Our minimum investment is £8400 + VAT which is 30% of the total franchise fee. The 70% remaining balance can be financed through most major banks subject to status and this is to be paid in full ahead of our training academy.
Enjoy the freedom of the outdoors and a recurring income from treating the lawns of customers in your bespoke TruGreen territory. Up to 70% margins are achievable with our support & guidance as your franchisor with almost 60 years franchising experience. We look forward to receiving your enquiry.
- TruGreen Professional LawnCare
- Find out more about owning and investing in a TruGreen Professional LawnCare franchise
- Meet TruGreen Franchisee, Richard Hodson
- Meet Richard Hodson, owner of TruGreen Arden
- TruGreen Professional LawnCare Franchise Opportunity
- Discover more about about owning a TruGreen Professional LawnCare franchise.
- Meet TruGreen Franchisee, Martyn Horton
- Martyn began his TruGreen franchisee journey in March 2015 after deciding he wanted to operate his own business and be responsible for his own income. Watch the video and find out more...
- Meet TruGreen Newbury & Basingstoke Franchisee, Mike Lethbridge
- Mike began his TruGreen franchisee journey in February 2015 after deciding he wanted to operate his own business and be responsible for his own income. Watch the video and find out more...
- Jonathan Bell – TruGreen Downlands
- “From the first contact my dealings with TruGreen have been professional. This continues to be the case, 22 months after I started trading. I chose TruGreen because I thought that they offered the best support around the technical aspects of lawncare and I have not been disappointed.”
- Richard Hodson – TruGreen Arden
- “My long-standing association with TruGreen and ServiceMaster has always been extremely positive. With all partnerships there are potential hiccups and issues but these have been rare and easily overcome. Together we have grown from scratch a very successful business.”
- Karen Burdett – TruGreen Milton Keynes
- “Due diligence proved that TruGreen were by far the most customer focussed franchise option in this field.”
- Martin Horton – TruGreen East Hertfordshire & North Essex
- “My decision to choose TruGreen was down to the professionalism I saw when visiting ServiceMaster head office. Not only that but the level of knowledge and expertise brand manager, Steve Welch has on lawn care is second to none.”
- Mike Lethbridge – TruGreen Newbury & Basinstoke
- “I needed to know I was investing in a company I could work with, after meeting with Steve and the team, I soon realised I would be confident in the service I was delivering with the TruGreen support team behind me.”
- John Davy – TruGreen Northumberland & Carlisle
- “Professional back-up and support are a fundamental requirement and reason for taking on a franchise in the first place and I am never short of either with a telephone conversation, email response or personal visit from a member of TruGreen’s management team.”
- With record sales for Quarter 1, the grass is looking even greener at TruGreen
- 23 May 2019
- What a scorcher of a month! While the Met Office confirmed the hottest Easter Monday on record across all 4 nations of the UK, TruGreen was breaking records of its own. Figures showed a fantastic 29% rise on previous year revenue for the first business quarter and the positive outlook is set to co...
- Second territory purchase for George Michaela
- 18 March 2019
- Second territory purchase for George in just over 12 months! Early in 2018, George Michaela underwent significant training with us and became the proud owner of TruGreen West Midlands along with his son, Paul. However, when he heard earlier this year that a territory next door to him was up for...
- TruGreen Leaf Awards
- 11 February 2019
- At TruGreen Professional Lawncare we pride ourselves in offering our franchisees the very best support, as we aim for strong sustainable growth in our business. We believe that the franchisor and the franchisee working together, maintains a strong and stable network, and while strong growth is ben...
- “Go for it, there are lots of opportunities to learn & grow!”
- 26 April 2018
- Robert Grant of TruGreen South Lincolnshire took 5 minutes out of his busy lawn care schedule to chat to us about his TruGreen journey so far. Two years in to his TruGreen journey Robert is realising his dreams of become his own boss and running a successful lawn care business. Robert bought one...
- TruGreen North East joins the network!
- 26 April 2018
- A Longframlington businessman has made a switch from working in procurement in the housing sector to professional lawn care as he launches his own franchise business to serve customers across the North East. Andrew Jack has undergone significant training with international franchise TruGreen Profe...
- Two new franchisees join TruGreen
- 26 April 2018
- TruGreen Professional LawnCare, one of the world’s largest lawn care franchises has welcomed two new franchisees to the network after a fantastic start to 2018. George Michaela and Mike Simmonds have launched TruGreen West Midlands and TruGreen Gloucestershire, respectively, just in time for the s...
- ServiceMaster adds a fifth brand to its UK franchise portfolio as it acquires rosemary bookkeeping
- 06 September 2017
- ServiceMaster Ltd has acquired the Rosemary Bookkeeping franchise business, for an undisclosed fee, as it looks to grow its operation across the UK. The Leicester-based business, ServiceMaster, is one of the UK’s largest and longest-established multi-brand franchisors, having launched in the UK in...
- Milton Keynes business woman claims excellence award
- 18 October 2016
- An already award-winning business woman in Milton Keynes has claimed the ‘Award of Excellence’ from within the franchise network in which she operates in. The annual award is presented to the franchise owner who exemplifies the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of their business.Karen Burdett, th...
- TruGreen awarded full bfa membership
- 30 September 2016
- TruGreen Professional LawnCare, which is part of the world’s largest lawn care company, has been awarded full membership of the British Franchise Association (bfa) after completing the association’s accreditation process.Established in the UK in 2005, TruGreen is a franchise of ServiceMaster, which ...
- Swapping suits for stripes in Downlands
- 07 September 2016
- A businessman with over 30 years’ experience of managing multi-million pound, customer-facing companies has ditched the pinstripe suit for lawn stripes and an outdoor lifestyle as he launches his new lawn care franchise in the Downlands area.Jonathan Bell, 53, is the owner and operator of TruGreen P...
- Established lawn care franchise expands into Bromley
- 29 March 2016
- A lawn care business owner has expanded his operation by purchasing the franchise licence to operate in Bromley, 11 years after launching his lawn care business in Epsom.Michael Beecheno, owner of TruGreen Professional LawnCare Epsom and now Bromley, has expanded the business and taken on a new memb...
- Record-breaking first year for Kingsclere lawn care business
- 21 March 2016
- A Kingsclere businessman has broken records in the franchise network he operates in after acquiring over 100 customers in his first year of operation. Mike Lethbridge, the owner of TruGreen Professional LawnCare Newbury and Basingstoke has taken his business from a standing start in 2015 to employ...
- TruGreen reports 27% growth in 2015
- 22 February 2016
- Revenue for national lawn care franchise, TruGreen Professional LawnCare grew by 27% in 2015, following significant investment into its local marketing support, digital strategy and operating model.The company, which provides professional lawn care services to domestic customers across the country, ...
- Bedfordshire lawn care business shortlisted in 2015 bfa HSBC Franchise of the Year Awards
- 04 September 2015
- A Buckinghamshire man whose recession-busting lawn care business has grown year-on-year, has been shortlisted for a national award. Les Graves, 59, is one of three finalists in the ‘Micro’ business category at the 2015 bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards supported by Express Newspapers, for his...
- Edinburgh resident launches first Scottish TruGreen franchise
- 24 June 2015
- Local Edinburgh resident, David Inglis, 34, has launched his own business and the first Scottish, TruGreen Professional LawnCare franchise, as the gardening season moves into full swing. David, who previously held a career in training and development with HSBC, invested in the franchise, which is ...
- Be supported by a bfa Franchisor of the Year finalist!
- 03 June 2013
- Choosing which franchise to invest in is a big decision. Luckily, the decision just got a little bit easier because ServiceMaster Ltd, who operate and support Merry Maids, ServiceMaster Clean, Furniture Medic and TruGreen franchises are finalists in the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2013. The...
- Success for TruGreen’s Karen Burdett!
- 23 May 2013
- Karen Burdett of TruGreen Milton Keynes and West Northants is celebrating after winning the title of ‘New Woman Franchisee of the Year’ at the EWIF (Encouraging Women into Franchising) Awards, held in London on 16th May. It was just last April when Karen left her position in the commercial, cust...
- David Inglis – TruGreen Edinburgh South West
- In 2015, David took the decision to go into business for himself. After having worked behind a desk for over 10 years, he wanted to operate a business in the fresh air, where he preferred to be. He decided on a franchise business as he liked the idea of having a support network and access to advise ...
- Mike Lethbridge - TruGreen Newbury and Basingstoke
- Mike began his TruGreen franchisee journey in February 2015 after deciding he wanted to operate his own business and be responsible for his own income. With a background in IT and financial services, Mike was able to transfer his skills in business management and customer services to the lawn care...
- Martyn Horton - TruGreen East Hertfordshire and North Essex
- After a successful career in the finance industry, Martyn decided it was time to work for himself. He first searched for management franchise opportunities within the cleaning industry as he wanted a number of staff to manage and co-ordinate. After looking at various different options, Martyn disc...
- Karen Burdett - TruGreen Milton Keynes & West Northants
- Karen Burdett operates the Milton Keynes & West Northants franchise and has been a TruGreen franchise owner since February 2012. After working for over 20 years in a commercial environment, Karen was looking for investment opportunities to set up a business which would give her a career change and...