Jon is a freelance journalist and has done a substantial amount of work for Dynamis. Before going freelance he worked at Estates Gazette, and has written a number of articles for the Sunday Times, the Telegraph, the Independent on Sunday, Retail Week, The Grocer, Square Mile, and Regeneration.
- The history of franchising
- The roots of franchising can be traced right back to feudal times.
- Despite its association with big-name American brands, franchising is not quite as recent a phenomenon as many might think. The term itself has its origins in an old French word for ‘liberty’ – the...
- Pet food franchise guide
- The British love their pets and supplying food to the nation's animals can be very lucrative.
- The British are renowned as a nation of pet lovers, to the point where we are sometimes accused of preferring animals to other humans. It’s no surprise, then, that supplying food to our pampered pets...
- Estate agent franchise guide
- Franchising is an easier route into estate agency.
- Estate agency used to be almost a cottage industry, composed mainly of independent, locally run businesses. Not any more. Increasingly, national brands are dominating the sector, making it more dif...